Chocolate Chips

Cupid's Kitchen

 

 

~*{Chapter Five: Chocolate Chips}*~

 

 


~*~

tumblr_m9aadyhdac1rxgaoqo1_250.gif
 

~*~
 

 

Suho tried his hardest to squish himself between Kris and Yi Xing- trying to prevent an oncoming bloodbath in his Kyungsoo's kitchen. Yi Xing had done it again- he had slipped up on the floor orders and Kris was beyond pissed. Not so much because Yi Xing made a mistake, but more so from the fact that a certain Pastry Chef was pushing every last button he had left.

 

"How many damn times must I tell you to write down the table numbers along with the orders?!" Kris yelled as he inched closer. Suho quickly pushed Yi Xing completely behind him as he pushed on Kris' chest- trying his best to push Kris away, but failing due to lack of arm strength.

 

"Come on, now. K-Kris, you don't have to be so angry. It was a small mistake.." Suho mumbled as he saw the darkness fill Kris' eyes. Complete and utter disbelief flickered across his features as he stared down at the idiot-like General Manager.

 

"Small mistake...? Small mistake?! Sure! Maybe if it was the first time today, it would've been a 'small mistake.' Suho, this is the eight time today that he's forgotten to take down table numbers! Not only that, he's even dropped a few plates before they had even left the kitchen! Enough is enough!" growled Kris as he tried to 'gently' shove Suho aside, but Yi Xing had gripped onto the General Manager- ultimately keeping Suho in place.

 

"P-Please Wu Fan....Forgive him, just this once??" Suho pleaded once more and at the use of Kris' real name, he saw the anger slowly fade from the taller one's eyes. Kris roughly scratched at the back of his head before letting out a loud groan.

 

"If it weren't for Suho, I would've kicked you out by now!" Kris yelled, before storming out the kitchen. A small snicker came from Chen, only to be kicked in the shin by the Executive Chef.

 

Suho let out a soft sigh as he turned and glanced at the clock. "Alright, everyone out. Shows over. It's getting late. Go home and get some rest. "

 

For once, the Chefs listened to their gramps of a General Manager and one-by-one they all scurried out. The only two left were Suho and Yi Xing- who hadn't moved from his spot since the beginning of the argument. Suho turned around and when he met the Server's gaze, he smiled and ran his fingers gently through Yi Xing's hair.

 

"Don't worry about Kris too much....Just work harder tomorrow." 

 

Yi Xing frowned as he gazed at the General Manager. "Thank you....I'm really sorry about today, General Manager."

 

Suho smiled down as he patted Yi Xing's shoulder's lightly. "Don't be sorry. Mistakes happen and I'm sure you'll learn from them. "

 

Yi Xing let out a long sigh as he lowered his eyes to the floor. "You're really too kind....just like everyone says."

 

A small laugh left Suho's lips as he reached up and lightly headlocked Yi Xing. "Yah! You and everyone are talking behind my back?? Should I punish you all? Maybe I should call a team meeting soon...."

 

"You know, everyone hates those team meetings!" Yi Xing teased. He returned a laugh as he quickly moved to get out of Suho's headlock because let's face it- the gramps had no strength whatsoever. Almost as if it were too easy, Yi Xing pulled out, but when he did- he of course, lost balance. 

 

"Hey, Watch out!" Suho called as a reflex and he reached to grab Yi Xing to keep the younger one from falling. However, seeing that he has no strength, he failed to help as he stumbled forward into the server.

 

Yi Xing landed with force against the back, sharp counter and Suho Fell into him- in turn, knocking over the near by metal container filled with the Pastry Chef's chocolate chips.

 

The sound of the metal container hitting the counter cut through the silent air as Yi Xing and Suho locked gazes. Their lips were so close- barely touching- but close enough to where Yi Xing could smell the citrus, sweet smell from Suho. The older one's breath glossed over Yi Xing's own lips and instinctively, he reached to grip Suho's waist lightly.

The feeling of Yi Xing's  fingers resting on his hips sent shivers through Suho as he held his breath- still completely taken in by the warm brown orbs that stared back at him.

If there was one thing that Suho had to admit that he was drawn to, it was  those chocolate eyes. He was a er for those warm, brown eyes and that was one of the reasons he could never get mad at the Server.

Yi Xing slowly glided one of his hands up to Suho's chest and rested it right over the older one's heart. When Suho realized that the Server could feel his erratic heart beat- he quickly pulled away.

 

"I-I'm sorry. I g-guess I'm quite clumsy. Anyways, be sure to clock out and get some rest. I-I'll see you tomorrow." Suho blurted before he turned and darted out the kitchen.

Just as he turned the corner in the hall way, he let out a soft whine as he impacted something hard- yet soft at the same time. He pulled back while rubbing his head and his eyes landed on the young Pastry Chef.

 

"Oh, h-hey, Tao. Starting your shift?" Suho questioned as he gave an awkward laugh.

 

Tao raised an eyebrow as his face contorted with confusion, but he quickly nodded and bowed slightly. "Yes, General Manager.....um, are you okay..? You look feverish."

 

Suho lightly patted Tao's shoulders. "I-I'm okay. Just a bit tired. Well, I'm going to head home now. Work hard!"

 

Before the young Pastry Chef could even reply, the General Manager had zoomed away. Tao simply shrugged before heading into the kitchen- only to find a certain Server staring blankly at the scattered  chocolate chips on the counter.

 

~*~

 

 


 

 

AN:// Yay~ update :P sulay couple...cuz this OTP I will ship to the ends of the earth....anyways, hoped you liked this small chapter...I know i should've made it longer but im so tired and I've been studying like crazy since i have four major tests coming up next week and gawd I'm drained....dying...hate school....gah...but Authornim loves you all and forgive me, ne~? I'll release alot of chapters over the weekend to make up for the weekdays where I'm M.I.A~ Anyways, hoped you like the small introduction to the SuLay couple! I appreciate comments and I love you all <3 

I am an idiot...did not know spell check exsisted on here....OTL