Lemon Shortbread & Dim Sum!....Dim Sum! Dim Sum! Dim Sum!

Cupid's Kitchen

 

 

 

||~*{ Chapter Thirty: Lemon Shortbread & Dim Sum!...Dim Sum! Dim Sum! Dim Sum!}*~||

 


 

~*~

tumblr_mfdv3cy5Oy1r77aupo1_500.jpgtumblr_mfeh9y8hJ61s0dr6go1_500.jpg

~*~

 Luhan watched quietly as he munched on lemon shortbreads he picked up that morning from the grocery store.

Apparently, after coming in late, the baby-faced hostess missed alot. He found out from Yi Xing that Baekhyun and Chanyeol had an argument of some sort, Xiumin and Chen were now apparently an item, Kris and Tao seem to be ten times more awkward around each other, everyones bummed about the MT ( including him) , and Kyungsoo nearly murdered both the Executive Chef and Troll Line Cook- if it had not been for the Pastry Chef.

Despite all of that, Luhan's attention wasn't on all of that, but instead he found his eyes trained on a certain Busser who seemed quite spacey and unusually clumsy.

"Damn it! Don't you know how to do your job correctly!!" growled Kris, pulling Sehun aside to where the costumers couldn't hear him.

Sehun didn't say anything, but instead opted to just glare down at his shoes which ended up pissing the Assistant General Manager off more.

"Didn't you fu-"

"Be easy on him. Everyone has an off day." Luhan quickly interjected the moment he saw Kris inch closer to the poor busser.

Luhan quickly came from his spot at the check in counter and stepped inbetween the busser and Assistant General Manager. Still, Sehun said nothing and continued to stare at the ground.

"Be mindful of how you speak to me." warned Kris as Luhan's gaze didn't faulter.

A soft sigh left the shorter one's lips as he bowed to Kris slightly. "Please, just enough for now. Everyone seems to be in a bad mood, so just cut him some slack for today. I'll take responsibility for him."

Kris sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair and eventually turned to storm away without so much as another word.

"You didn't have to do that." Sehun finally spoke and Luhan turned around to flash the younger one a soft smile.

"If I didn't, Kris would have murdered you. I know it's not my place, but is there something wrong, Sehun? You seem quite off today...well, everyone does." Luhan admitted and at first, Sehun didn't say anything.

The younger one's eyes flickered up to look at someone and Luhan quietly followed his gaze. 

"Ah, so does this have something to do with Pastry Chef Tao? Did you two have a fight?" Luhan asked as his eyes fell upon Tao and Baekhyun , who were both taking their lunch break in the back.

"No." Sehun stated flatly and Luhan chuckled as he clearly heard the bold face lie in the younger one's voice.

"Hmm...have you taken your break yet?" Luhan asked and Sehun finally looked up to meet the hostess' gaze.

The younger one shook his head before his eyes flickered over to where the Pastry Chef and Line Cook were. "No."

"Good." Luhan stated as he quickly wrapped his fingers around the younger one's wrist and pulled him along without giving the busser time to protest.

 

"Assistant General Manager and Manger, Sehun and I are taking our thirty-minute lunch break now! Yi Xing, HyukJae, and Donghee are all out on the floor handling the costumers, so they're covered! We'll be leaving resturant ground so we'll be back in thirty minutes." Luhan called as he stuck his head into Kris' and Suho's office.

"Alright." Suho said as he flashed a small smile and returned to the paper work that was stacked up on his desk.

Luhan returned the smile before pulling the busser with him to the locker rooms. He quickly reached for his coat and Sehun's coat as well. After shrugging on his coat, forcing Sehun to wear his, the hostess quickly pulled the busser out of the resturant.

"Ah, it feels good out here!" Luhan sung happily the moment the cool, winter air hit his warm cheeks. He  continued to walk, refusing to release his hold from the younger one's wrist, and eventually, the busser decided to speak.

"Where are we going?" Sehun mumbled softly, unable to find it in himself to pullaway from the older one's grasp.

"Dunno. You just seemed kind of tensed and distracted, so I figured we could leave the resturant for our break, but I didn't really think it through. Is there somewhere you feel like eating at?" Luhan asked as he slowed his past and walked side-by-side with the younger one.

Sehun shrugged as he kept his eyes glued to the sidewalk beneath his feet. "I don't know where to eat. I also left my wallet in my locker."

Luhan sighed as he clicked his tongue in a playful manner. "Tsk, tsk. Shouldn't it be the dongsaeng that treats the hyung? Oh well. I guess it'll be my treat today. Hmm...you're not a coffee drinker and you don't like sweet stuff with the exception of Tao's sweets so stopping by a coffee shop is out of the option for a quick snack...Oh! There's this nice Chinese tea place down the street that sells dim sum! How about it?"

"Dim..Sum?" Sehun asked, confusion written in his features.

Luhan grinned as he nodded. "Dim Sum...is um...it's like dumplings, meat buns, tofu, sponge cakes...etc etc..."

"I've never really eaten food like that before." Sehun stated with a small shrug.

"Well, you, my friend, have lived under a rock your whole life then. You'll love it! It's great." Luhan stated as he tugged the younger one down the street towards the chinese tea place.

In no time, Sehun found himself sitting at a small table filled with bite-sized food and tea. Luhan wasted no time to start eating, but eventually stopped when he noticed that the younger one didn't even move.

"Why aren't you eating? It's actually pretty good." Luhan mumbled as he set down his chopsticks to turn his full attention to Sehun.

"Why are you treating me? Why did you stick up for me?" Sehun asked quietly, eyes glued to the tea cup Luhan had earlier placed in front of him.

Luhan sighed as he leaned over the table and lightly ruffled the younger one's hair. "Here. I'll tell you a little secret, but you can't tell anyone. Not even Tao."

Sehun's eyes flickered up to meet Luhan's and the young-looking hostess could see the curiousity spark in the younger one's eyes.

"Yi Xing is my best friend. My closes friend to be exact. Yi Xing, Kris, Xiumin and I kind of all grew up together. Well, not so much Kris since he speant most of his time with Suho. Those two always had the same dream and an unbreakable bond of some sort. Anyways, Xiumin is now with Chen and Yi Xing is...well he's infatuated with Suho. Though, I highly doubt the General Manager is aware of it, but Yi Xing has that spark in his eyes everytime he just so much as glances at Suho. Though the dumb fool refuses to admit that he's fallen in love with our gramps. Well, my point to all of this is that I feel like my friends are slowly easing away from me and I have no choice but to let them go. It's kind of lonely. So, I guess I just wanted to make friends with you." Luhan stated simply as he flashed a small grin.

"I'm not lonely. I have Tao." Sehun stated  and Luhan could sense some underlining anger in the shorter one's voice.

"I know you do. What I'm trying to say is that I'm lonely and I honestly don't have some bad ulterior motive in treating you and sticking up to Kris for you. I just thought we could be friends. You're kind of adorable and an amusing kid, so I figured since we work together we could be friends...or something like that. Look, geez, stop over analyzing things! Che~ the least you could do is say thank you. I never treat anyone. Not even Yi Xing." grumbled Luhan as he playfully pouted at the younger one.

To his surprise, a soft blush covered the younger one's cheeks as his eyes fluttered down to stare at the tea. "T-Thank you..."

Deciding to change the subject, Luhan leaned close as he held out his hand as he pressed his fingertips together to form a tent. "Have you ever played the dumpling game?"

Sehun thought silently before he nodded. "I think so....Tao showed me how to play some time ago I believe."

"Good. Let's play! Loser has to eat a really spicy dumpling. " grinned Luhan.

Sehun nodded as he shly held out his hand, facing upward with his fingers pressed together.

"Okay.....One.....Two....Three."

"Dim Sum! Dim Sum! Dim Sum! Dim Sum! Five!" shouted Luhan and by reflex, Sehun jerked his fingers apart.

A loud laugh left Luhan's cheeks as the blush on Sehun's cheeks tightened. "I win! Oh, you fell too easily for that!'

"I-It's been a while since I've played and to play with two people...."trailed Sehun as his eyes lowered once more in embarassment. 

"Well, punishment it is! " laughed Luhan as he reached for a dumpling and decorated it with chilli pepper flakes before handing it to Sehun.

Sehun visably gulped as he eyed the dumpling, knowing very well that he couldn't handle spicy food. He glanced up to meet Luhan's playful gaze and decided that he didn't want the other to view him as weak. Quickly getting it over with, the young busser shoved the dumpling in his mouth- face instantly crinckling as the heat shot through his mouth.

"Aww. Here, drink some of the tea." Luhan giggled as he pushed the tea towards Sehun.

Sehun quickly downed the now cooled Tea and the heat quickly vansihed from his mouth. " Thanks..."

"So, I'm guessing you can't handle really spicy food either, huh?" Luhan asked once his giggle fit stopped.

Sehun shyly nodded.

"Aww, how adorable~! If it makes you feel any better, I can't either." Luhan grinned and without realzing it, the elder had brought a dumpling up to his mouth- one that pepper flakes had fallen onto when he was preparing Sehun's dumpling.

In seconds, a painful squeel left Luhan's lips as the heat soared through his mouth and the elder crinckled his face in pain.

To his complete and utter shock, a loud laugh escaped Sehun.

The younger one's deep, brown eyes were in crinckled into cresents as he laughed while gripping the table. The shock from the busser's laughing made Luhan instantly forget about the tingling pain in his mouth.

"I'm sorry....it's rude to be laughing...but your face...I can't..." choked Sehun through his laughing and all Luhan could do was grin at the younger one.

"Hey! Rude! I see other's pain brings you joy!" Luhan playfully growled as he leaned across the table to lightly whack Sehun in the arm.

"I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to laugh." Sehun said, once his laughing had stopped. 

Luhan smiled as he saw the light expression the younger one had on. His lips were still slightly tugged into a small smile, his cheeks held a prominent, pink blush, and his eyes seemed to be free of the heaviness that was once there. " It's alright. It's good to see you really laugh for a change. I like it."

Sehun's blush seemed to move to his ears as his gaze lowered once again. 

Luhan found it all the more interesting as the younger one's new side had been shown and he couldn't wipe away the grin that seemed permanent on his own lips.

"Sehun." Luhan called softly and the younger one slowly peeked up to meet the older one's gaze.

"Yes?" 

Luhan flashed a bright smile as he looked at the blushing boy that sat across the table. "I know you have Tao and all, but we should do this more often."

Sehun's eyes widened and Luhan could only chuckle in shock as he saw how flushed his words made the younger one. 

"Y-Yeah...."

 

 


||Author's Note||: Yeah~~! BRING ON THE HUNHAN~! It's small, but atleast it's the beginning of their moments! Look at Luhan being all nice to Sehun cuz Sehun's jelly. Ugh, I'm spazzing over my own fic..how sad, how sad...Anyways, Next Chapters will have more SuLay and Taoris~~ And some of the earlier mysterious will start unraveling and whatnot ;D Anyways, Authornim loves you all! Hope you all enjoyed the hunhan! Thanks to all the subscribers, commenters, and upvoters! (Give away detail in blog!)