Bubble Gum Love and Hot Chocolate

Cupid's Kitchen

 

 

 

||~*{Chapter Twenty-Eight: Bubble Gum Love and Hot Chocolate }*~||

 
 

 

 
 
~*~
 
 
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
~*~
 
Xiumin cleared his throat awkwardly as he hovered near where a certain line cook was changing into his regular clothing, wanting to speak but having no clue where to start.
 
"C-Chen." Xiumin called softly.
 
Chen tensed but didn't turn around as he shrugged of his uniform shirt. He knew Xiumin had been standing there, lingering for minutes, but he didn't bother to start the conversation first.
 
He quietly continued to change out of his clothes as Xiumin nervously shifted in one spot before closing his changing locker and turning to face the other.
 
"Yes, Executive Chef?" 
 
Xiumin hesitated as he saw the blank expression Chen wore and after taking a deep breath, he decided to speak. 
 
"I was w-wondering if you wanted to g-go get maybe a cup of coffee or something." Xiumin blurted before lowering his eyes to gaze at the patterns on the floor. 
 
Chen's eyes widened as he saw the petal pink blush flourish the elder's cheeks and quickly he closed the space between them, walking till Xiumin was nervously backed up against the lockers.
 
Xiumin's heart pounded in his ears as Chen leaned in close and he had no where to escape as Chen's hands were place against the lockers on either side of his head.
 
Quickly and gently, Chen hooked a finger under Xiumin's chin and titled his head up, forcing the older one to meet his gaze. He inched close, testing to see how Xiumin would react , before stopping just when their lips were about to touch.
 
"Why?" Chen pressed, a smile in his voice as he noticed Xiumin's eyelashes fluttering with nervousness.
 
Xiumin didn't break the gaze, but a shiver did course itself through him as Chen's breath glossed along his lips. He could see a hint of a smirk playing on the other's lips and if he wasn't trapped, he would've slapped that smirk right off the elder one.
 
" I um...I just wanted to talk or something...." Murmured Xiumin softly, finally breaking the gaze as his eyes fluttered downwards.
 
Chen nodded as he used his thumb to trace the other's bottom lips gently. Xiumin tensed as his face flushed even more and he shivered softly the moment he felt Chen's lips hit his ear.
 
"Why?" Chen breathed, purposely allowing his breath to gloss along the elder's ears. He decided to take it a step further and nibbled softly on the shorter one's earlobe.
 
A soft gasp left Xiumin's lips as he sprayed his hands against the line cook's chest- planning to push the taller one away, but instead kept his hands there more so to support himself than anything else.
 
"Tell me, Xiumin." Chen pressed, tugging the other's earlobe between his teeth.
 
"I j-just wanted to spend time with you...." Stuttered Xiumin and Chen jerked back, shock written across his features.
 
He searched the elder's eyes , looking for any signs of mischief, but there was none at all. Xiumin gazed up at him with a sincere and soft expression as his cheeks brightened with a reddish tint.
 
"So....I'm guessing you've been thinking...?" Chen questioned quietly, voice almost in a whisper as he reached up and gently brushed the loose strands of hair from the elder's face.
 
"Y-Yes." Xiumin admitted as his eyes lowered in embarrassment.
 
"So, your conclusion?" Chen asked as his fingertips gently traced over the elder's blush.
 
"I...um...that's what I wanted to talk to about." Mumbled Xiumin and Chen let out a soft sigh as he smiled gently. Xiumin was surprised to see the soft smile, in contrast to the smirk the taller one usually wore, and he returned the smile.
 
"Alright. But no coffee. It's cold, so lets get hot chocolate." Chen suggested as he backed away from the Executive Chef and turned to throw on a coat.
 
"Alright. " Xiumin agreed, throwing on a coat and popping a stick of gum in his mouth before following the other out the restaurant. 
 
They walked in silence as Chen led the way to he nearest shop that sold hot chocolate and out of habbit, Xiumin popped his gum.
 
Chen's eye brow twitched as he stared at the Executive Chef. "Really, Xiumin. At this time in the evening, you chew gum? "
 
Xiumin nodded as he popped it again. " It's a habit. Gum is my addiction. It calms my nerves and relaxes me."
 
Chen groaned as he threw his hands up in the air. " Damn it. I give up. I really cannot stand your habit. " 
 
Xiumin simply grinned as he blew a orange flavored gum bubble and popped it once more, laughing as Chen groaned yet again. 
 
The two playfully argued till they reached the cafe and after ordering their hot chocolates, they took a seat by the window.
 
A couple minutes passed as Chen sipped at his chocolate and stole glances at the nervous Executive Chef- patiently waiting for him to speak.
 
When he decided that Xiumin had remained quiet for too long, he cleared his throat and decided to speak first. "So, you wanted to talk."
 
Xiumin nodded as he refused to meet Chen's gaze and opted to stare at the mug of hot chocolate in hands. "Y-yeah. Um...about what happened in Japan...or rather what's been happening between us...I t-think I know now."
 
Chen nodded as he averted his gaze to stare out the window, trying his best to calm his nerves. " Alright. And?"
 
"I um....I um..I don't..." Xiumin fumbled over his words as he fiddled with his thumbs and tried to force out the words that seemed stuck in his throat.
 
Chen let out a soft sigh as he reached over and gently took Xiumin's hand in his own, making the elder lock eyes with him in the process. 
 
"It's alright, Xiumin. I understand." Chen said with a soft, sad smile on his lips. Xiumin's face twisted in confusion as he watched Chen get up from his chair and throw on his coat.
 
"Chen? What are you-"
 
"It's okay. " Chen interjected, avoiding the elder's gaze. " You don't feel the same way. I understand." 
 
Xiumin's eyes widened in shock as Chen's words clicked together. "N-No, wait. I think you're misunderstanding!"
 
Chen remained silent as he kept his gaze to the floor and wore a blank expression. 
 
Xiumin grabbed Chen's wrist and pulled the taller one to sit down once more. Chen sighed as he allowed Xiumin to guide him back down.
 
Xiumin in a deep breath as he attempted to get his thoughts in order. 
 
"Chen, do you...um, towards me....do you like me?" Xiumin blurted, a little too loudly and the elder was thankful that the cafe was nearly empty.
 
Chen's eyes widened in shock and for the first time, Xiumin watched as a soft blush covered the younger one's cheeks.
 
"If I do...?" Chen whispered, eyes locking with Xiumin's.
 
"If you do, then kiss me." Xiumin dared and although his voice came out firm, his heart was fluttering like crazy as the seconds ticked by.
 
Recovering from shock and confusion, Chen leaned over the table and lifted a menu to cover them the moment his lips pressed against the elder's soft, pink ones- drowning in the overpowering sweet taste of hot chocolate lingering on his lips.
 
The kiss was soft, gentle, and Xiumin found himself loving every second of it. All too quickly, Chen pulled back and lowered the menu back down as he settled back down into his seat.
 
"I like you." Xiumin said after a few moments of silence. Chen's eyes widened in shock as he simply gazed at Xiumin as if he'd seen a ghost. " A-at least I t-think I do...."
 
A small grin found it's way to Chen's lips when he heard the last part of Xiumin's sentence.  He loved how shy the elder was and even though it'd be a while before he can hear the other say those words confidently to him, he would take whatever he can get.
 
"S-so, what do we do now....?" Xiumin asked and Chen could've laughed if he knew the elder wouldn't storm away angry. 
 
"Well, there's alot I want to do, but for now...let's date. We can start off slowly." Chen offered .
 
Xiumin shyly smiled before he nodded. "I-I'd like that..."
 
" But the whole bubble gum thing has to stop." Chen added, laughing before getting up and paying their bills.
 
After exiting the cafe, the two walked in a comfortable silence along the sidewalk as the cold, nighttime breeze hugged the air around them. Minutes later, they stopped outside of Xiumin's apartment building- neither wanting to leave the other.
 
"Well...do you wanna come in for a bit?" Xiumin asked softly and Chen smiled before wrapping his arms around the shorter one's waist as he tugged him closer.
 
"I would love to, but not today. Next time. It's late and we have work. Not to mention we have to start preparing for that stupid MT next weekend.  I don't know why General Manager insists on making us go to those stupid trips. Anyways, it's late so go in and get some sleep." Chen mumbled as he leaned forward to place a soft kiss on the elder's forehead.
 
Xiumin still blushed at how soft and gentle Chen could be, but he kind of wanted the old Chen to come out. He tiptoed forward as he crashed their lips together- slipping his fingers into the taller one's locks.
 
A satisfied hum left Chen's lips as he felt the aggressiveness in the Executive Chef's kiss and he immediately kissed back with full force. Chen's arms tightened around Xiumin as he bit and tugged at the elder's bottom lip, eventually gaining access and drawing soft pants from the Executive Chef.
 
Xiumin moaned in the kiss as the taller one's tongue glided over every corner of his mouth and after gathering much more confidence, he teasingly on the taller one's tongue- emitting a soft clicking sound.
 
"Xiumin." Chen moaned, as if to warn the elder one that his control was slipping, but Xiumin paid no mind as he tugged the taller one closer.
 
"Chen..." Xiumin gasped as he finally had to break the kiss for air. Chen smiled down at the executive chef as he saw how easily a kiss could make him flustered.
 
"Tomorrow morning, wait for me. I'll come pick you up and walk with you to work. It's late now, so go in and get some rest. Text me before you go to bed. " Chen mumbled quickly as he gently pecked the elder's rosy lips.
 
Xiumin nodded as he pulled Chen into a hug and snuggled into the taller one. "Who knew you could be so kind....good night, Chen."
 
Chen smiled and kissed Xiumin once more, loving the feel of the elder one's lips each time. " Goodnight."
 
 
 
 
 

||Author's Note ||:: Yay, xiuchen update since I have officially started my break. They are the first couple to get together and so you can expect some more fluff before the drama xD anyways, the response to the Christmas giveaway is overwhelming, so I will be going through with it ^^ so keep an eye out for the next update where I will list all the details. Authornim loves you all! ^^ ( ignore spelling  and grammer mistakes ~ )