Artificially Flavored Grape Bubble Gum

Cupid's Kitchen

 

 

 

~*{Chapter Twenty-Three: Artificially Flavored Grape Bubble Gum }*~

 

 


 

~*~

91510-grape.jpg

 

~*~

 

Pop!

Chen could feel his eyebrow twitch.

Xiumin was doing it on purpose.

Pop!

The line cook curled his fingers into fists as he tried to focus on the book in his lap.

Pop!

A soft sigh left Chen's lips as he bore his eyes into the book he was attempting to read.

Pop!

A loud groan errupted from Chen's lips as he flung the book across the room. "Damn it, Xiumin! Ugh! I just wanted to read it in peace! We have all had a long day and all I wanted was to read the damn book."

Xiumin, who now looked at the fallen book on the floor, simple blew another bubble before popping it loudly.

"Look, you're obviously doing it on purpose. You have my undivided attention, so what, Executive Chef, what do you want??" hissed Chen as he walked over to retrieve the thrown book.

"I don't know why you like that author." grumbled Xiumin before he blew and popped another bubble.

"Amy Tan is brilliant. You haven't even picked up one of her books, so don't knock it before you try it."

Xiumin scoffed as his eyes scanned over the title. "Something titled 'The Bonesetter's Daughter' doesn't exactly sound so appealing."

"Anyways, that's besides the point. What is it that you want, Executive Chef? You've been staring at me all day. If you have something you want to say, just say it. You don't have to go to such annoying lengths to get my attnet-"
 

Pop!

"Damn it, Xiumin! What? What? What? Can't you want till some other time to chew bubble gum?! " growled Chen as he threw the poor, abused book onto his bed and stormed up infront of the Executive Chef.

Xiumin simply shrugged from his place on his bed as he stared up at the Line Cook- a hidden smirk playing on his lips. "Why,whatever do you mean Chen?"

Chen snorted as he rolled his eyes and gripped Xiumin's shoulders. He leaned down to the shorter one's eyes level and glared into the older one's eyes. "I'm being nice right now. If you keep it up, you're going to regret it."

It was Xiumin's turn to snort as he swatted away Chen's hands. "Since when were you nice? Also, you said that last time and I hate to say it, but you're not so threatning, Chen."

In contrast to what Xiumin expected, Chen just sighed and pulled away. " I don't know what I did to make you have it out for me, but I'm sorry."

"Huh? C-Chen?" 

Xiumin was obviously shocked as he watched Chen return to the forgotten book on the bed. Chen would normally fight back, if anything, but the taller one didn't even do anything remotely...Chen-like.

Xiumin slid off from his own bed and waddled over to Chen's. The taller one didn't look up from his book as he felt his bed dip besides him.

"Chen? Chen? Are you alright?? "

There was no answer from the taller on as Xiumin scotted even closer.

"Are you seriously that angry, Chen? I was just playing! Geez." grumbled Xiumin was he nudged Chen slightly, but the taller one didn't react whatsoever. "Chen? Chen!"

Still no answer. 

Pop!

Chen didn't say anything, but Xiumin saw the taller one's eyes twitch- atleast it was some sort of reaction.

Pop!

Pop!

Pop!

" I know you're not reading,Chen! It doesn't take a person that long to read a page!"

"Well, maybe I could read if you'd stop purposely bothering me!" growled Chen as he snapped his head up to glare at the Executive Chef. 

Xiumin froze when he became aware of how close they actually were. Their lips were just inches apart and the older one could feel the taller one's breath gloss along his lips. 

"I um...I just..."

"You what?!" snapped Chen and Xiumin jerked back, startled.

"Why are you like this?"

"What the hell do you mean, Xiumin?"

"You're always like this. One minute you can be alright, but the next you're just mean. " hissed Xiumin.

"Me? Please do enlighten me, Executive Chef."

"Well, I was just playing around with you! You didn't have to get so angry! Also, the time in th kitchen when you....touched me..you were harsh and quite mean. But the other day....you were..gentle..when you kissed me even though you were kind of harsh at first.....and today, it's like I didn't exsist. I j-just wanted to talk..." grumbled Xiumin and the taller one didn't miss the light, pink blush that flourished the Executive Chef's cheeks.

A sigh escaped Chen's lips as he set aside his book and inched even closer. "Then talk."

'I um...I....you're just so confusing! It's like one minute you hate me and the next, you're alright with me." hissed Xiumin, but he lacked the anger that was once there. His eyes seemed to lower to the pink lips that were just centimeters from his own. Chen's own eyes were locked on Xiumin's and he didn't miss the older one's gaze. He reached up to cup one side of Xiumin's face gently and he didn't miss how the older one leaned into the touch.

"What's so confusing? I already told you, didn't I? You drive me up the wall and all you do is play favortism. When I'm mean and harsh, it's like a small payback. It's not meant to be a serious payback. I don't hate you, Xiumin. So, what did you want to talk about?" Chen murmured as his lips brushed, just slightly, against Xiumin's.

"I w-wanted to ask...I-um....w-why did you k-kiss me?"

A small smirk tugged at Chen's lips. "Ah, so that's what all this is about."

"Well, duh! I mean y-you always do that...k-kissing me, that is...the other day wasn't the f-first time. S-So, I just wanted to know..."

A small laugh left Chen's lips as he leaned even closer- noticing how Xiumin leaned closer as well. "Why do you think I kissed you?"

"W-Well, at first I thought it was because I popped my gum infront of you, b-but after thinking about it, that didn't seem correct at all. I don't really know where I'm going with anything of this, I just wanted to know. I-It's not l-like I like you or a-anything...I mean, it's not that you're u-unlikable and I'm not saying that y-your kisses are b-bad, it's just, I uh-"

Xiumin's rambling was stopped as Chen pulled the shorter one into a soft, seering kiss. At first, Xiumin tensed at the sudden action- completely shocked and taken aback, but soon his own lips moved against Chen's. This time, It wasn't just one kiss, it was multiple and Xiumin found himself getting sweapted away once again. With each kiss, the breath was out of him as Chen pulled him closer. 

The Executive Chef's breath hitched when he felt Chen's tongue swipe across his bottom lip and a soft gasp escaped his lips as the taller one's hands found themselves under his shirt. 

The Line Cook didn't waste time to slip his tongue past Xiumin's lips and he smiled in the kiss, not minding the artifical grape flavor that coated the older one's mouth from his bubble gum. 

Soft gasps left Xiumin's lips as Chen's hands roamed his skin and every second, the kiss seemed to get deeper and deeper. When Chen pulled back, the shorter one was completely flushed and panting. He didn't realize that his gum was no longer in his mouth.

Chen placed his lips near Xiumin's ear and blew a bubble-popping it just seconds later. The older one shivered, slightly, as the taller one's breath glossed over his earlob and he reached to grip the front of Chen's shirt.

"So, it was my attention you wanted. Well, as much as I'd like to clear everything up for you, it's not my job. You have to do it on your own." Chen mumbled and before the Xiumin could even process the taller one's words, Chen had pulled away.

The Line Cook headed into the bathroom, throwing away the piece of gum on his way and Xiumin was too dazed to get mad that his gum was stolen from him.

Chen knew the answers to Xiumin's confusion, but the taller one wasn't going to help at all. Xiumin groaned as he flopped back onto bed and rolled over to snuggled into one of the pillows.

The droziness washed over him instantly as Chen's natural, sweet smell flodded his nose. His bed was just feet away, but Xiumin didn't have it in him to move from Chen's warm, comfortable bed. 

Xiumin allowed his eyes to flutter closer, welcoming sleep, and a small smile perched onto his lips as he imagined Chen's angry reaction to finding Xiumin in his bed.

Payback, Chen.

 

~*~

 


AN:// Yay, update~ ^^ some Chenmin fluff for you guys because I love you guys! ^^ I appreciate all the comments and subscribers ! Authornim loves you all! (I made this chenmin fluff because it's been some chapters since we've seen some moments between them~ anywas next chapter will definetly be the wrap up to their competition :)