Troubles, Troubles and Baekhyun's Secret

Cupid's Kitchen

 

 

 

~*{Chapter Twenty-Two: Troubles, Troubles and Baekhyun's Secret}*~

 


 

~*~

tumblr_m48w1yL1gB1qkk8d4.gif

 

~*~

"ZiZi, where do you think you're going?" Sehun called from his place on the bed as he watched Tao slip from under the covers. Tao scurried over to his suitcase and quickly yanked a pullover out- shrugging it on before slipping on some tennis shoes.

"I want to check on Sous Chef." Tao mumbled as he quickly waddled over to his best friend who was lying down. The taller one leaned down to gently run his fingers through the shorter one's locks as he flashed a small smile. "I'll be right back."

"Promise?" Sehun mumbled as he reached up and pinched Tao's nose gently. Tao laughed lightly as he returned the guesture- pinching the shorter one's nose as he nodded/

"Promise. I just want to know if he's okay and I have to speak to him about something. Rest now. You had a hard day as well. I'll be back." Tao whispered before turning to head out the room.

"Come back quickly and becareful of your arm." Sehun called.

"I will."

 

Tao hummbed softly, trying his best to distract himself from the leftover numb feeling throughout his arm, as he made his way down the hall. He didn't get far when his eyes landed on a certain line cook that was sitting on one of the hotel benches. Tao, slightly curious, approched the short line cook.

"Line Cook Baekhyun/?" Tao called softly to the shorter one who's head was dropped. At the sound of the Pastry Chef's voice, Baekhyun's head snapped up and Tao's eyes widened in shock when he saw the noticeable traces of tears that stained the shorter one's cheeks. "Are you okay??"

A noticable, red tint flourished the shorter one's cheeks as he quickly wiped away the remnance of the tears and flashed a small grin that didn't reach his eyes. "H-Hey, Tao. I-I'm fine. Shouldn't you be resting?"

Tao frowned slightly as he took a seat next to the line cook. Awkwardly, he reached over and placed his hand gently on the top of the shorter one's head. " I hate to be so blunt, but you at lying, Line Cook Baekhyun. You're worse than Sehun and that says alot."

"You know, you don't have to respond to me so formally. You can just call me 'Hyung'."grumbled Baekhyun as he turned his attention to the patterns on the floor. Tao leaned forward so he came face to face witht he elder.

"Well, Baekhyun-hyung, you're avoiding the question." pointed out Tao as he frowned slightly and Baekhyun let out a long sigh before avoiding his eyes.

"I-It's nothing, Tao. " 

Tao snorted, catching the shorter one off guard, as he leaned back against the wall. "I'm going to take a wild guess here and ask, does it have something to do with Line Cook Chanyeol?"

Baekhyun botled up onto his feet and Tao didn't miss the flustered look the shorter one had. "N-No! Why do you have to bring him up??"

"It's alright, Baekhyun-hyung. You can tell me whatever it is that's bothering you. I won't say a word. Sometimes, it's better to say things rather than keep them bottled in." Tao murmured softly as he stood up and gently patted the shorter one on the head.

Baekhyun chewed on his bottom lip as he deliberated and after a few moments, a defeatred sigh escaped his lips as he plopped back down onto the bench. "Damn it....Yes, yes alright. It has to do with Park- ing- Chanyeol." 

A small laugh left the taller one's lips as he returned to his seat right next to the shorter one. "I don't think that's his middle name."

Baekhyun scoffed. "It might as well be."

"So what's wrong?"

Baekhyun groaned loudly and Tao watched as tears brimmed in the older one's eyes. "Well...it's a long story and complicated..."

"I've got time and I'm sure I can keep up."

Baekhyun fiddled nervously with the hem of his shirt as he snuck glances at the taller one. "Well...er...I...um...I think...well..."

"Oh my god, Baekhyun-hyung, just spill it. There's nothing that you can tell me that I haven't heard before. I've been through so many situations with Sehun, so whatever you say is not going to effect me." Tao teased, hoping to lighten the shorter one up.

"I..um...I think I like Chanyeol..." mumbled Baekhyun so low that the Pastry Chef almost didn't hear it.

"Okay...and?" 

"You're not going to make a deal about it??" gasped Baekhyun as he stared at the younger one. Tao laughed loudly as he leaned back against the wall.

"No...should I? I mean...it's quite obvious, if you ask me." Tao stated and the shorter one blushed harder. " So, what exactly is the problem?"

"W-Well....he said he thinks he likes me,too and we did stuff-"

"Oh my god, did you two-" blurted Tao.

"No ,we did not do what you are thinking of! Just...something similar...anyways that besides the point! Damn it, if you're going to try to comfort me, can you do it the right way and just listen?" hissed Baekhyun and Tao smirked before he nodded.

"Alright. Carry on."

"Well, after fooling around and whatnot, I asked him what this made us. Like, where we lovers or whatever and he...." The Line Cook's voice trailed off as it wavered and Tao reached over to give the shorter one's hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Take your time."

"And well.....I guess he went into panic-mode , like he always does when he thinks too much, and well he said he didn't know if he could be lovers or whatever. He said that it felt nice to kiss me, but that it was wrong. " Baekhyun sniffled as a few tears escaped his eyes and Tao reached up to gently brush away the tears with his uninjured arn.

"Did he say anything else?"

Baekhyun shook his head as his hands balled up into fists. "No. I stopped him. I didn't want to hear any more. He gets caught up in the moment and the moment he pulls back, he starts thinking too much and second guessing himself. I don't ....I just...I don't even know...."

Tao nodded as he flashed a soft smile at the shorer one. "Well, you both are good friends right?"

"Yeah. We've been friends for some years now. He's my most important friend."

"Well, maybe Chanyeol just needs time. Like you said, he gets caught up in the moment and then he starts thinking too much. Just, try taking it slow and maybe he'll come around and realize how imporant you are to him. Till then, don't give in or give up- unless absolutely necessary."

Baekhyun nodded as he took in the younger one's words and a small smile found it's way to the short Line Cook's lips. "You know, you're quite mature and gentle. I see why Sehun and Kris are fond of you-"

A sharp gasp left Baekhyun's lips as he quickly clasped his hands over his mouth- Kris is going to kill him.

Tao's eyes widened in shock as he caught what the shorter one said. "Kris? What does he have to do with me-"

 

"You cheating ." 

The sudden voice startled both Tao and Baekhyun as the two jolted. Their eyes landed on the Matoki Kitchen Staff and....the Kiss Me Kitchen Staff.  The situation didn't look good. The one, who Baekhyun recognized as Zelo, was on the floor- slouched against the wall as the staff memebers from the Kiss Me Kitchen stood around the shorter one. Tao's eyes widened as he saw traces of blood along the other's bottom lip. 

Tao wasn't stupid. He knew Zelo was wrong for what the other did to him and Kyungsoo, but just as a member from the Kiss Me Kitchen raised a hand to strike Zelo again, he quickly bolted from the bench.

"Quit! Leave him alone!"

 

~*~

 

 


AN:// *sigh*....well, guys...lol hoped you enjoyed the small chapter. More drama, drama. xD anyawys, yeah....i'm tired and I'm on thanksgiving break, buuut~ I have homework...so....I'll try to update more later...~ anyways...thanks for all the lovely subscribers and comments !^^ I appreciate it! And I know I said that their stay in japan was already supposed to end, but I decided that to split the final in two chapters. I -think- the next chapter should be the end of the competition~ so yeah~ I don't know why I make outlines when I never follow them >.> welp, off to study! ^^ Authornim loves you all ~ <3

 

-Ignore spelling mistakes; im too lazy to go back right now-