Sundae

Cupid's Kitchen

 

 

~*{Chapter Sixteen: Sundae}*~

 


 

~*~

 

tumblr_m8lxczWtPj1rxgaoqo4_250.gif

 

~*~

 

 

 
Suho usually had perfect composure, almost as if he was wrapped in an armor made of titanium. However, there was one-and only one-thing that usually got under his skin. 
 
Kris didn't miss how Suho's jaw tightened or how the shorter one's hands balled into fists and from prior knowledge- he knew Suho was using all his strength to compress his anger.
 
Kris shifted slightly in his chair as he rubbed soothing circles on Suho's thighs and placed his lips just centimeters away from the General Manager's ear.
 
"Calm down, Suho. Just breath. Don't let them get to you. The meeting is almost over,so just hand in there." Kris whispered softly and he felt the shorter one relax, but only just slightly.
 
Suho's eyes fluttered close as he breathed in sharply through his nostrils and a faint smell of vanilla filled his nose just as he felt slim fingers wrap gently around his fist. 
 
His eyes fluttered open for him to be greeted with a soft smile from Yi Xing, who was sitting in the chair on his other side.  
 
The Server felt the older one relax as a soft smile tugged on Suho's lips as he interlaced their fingers under the table. Suho leaned in, placing his lips softly on Yi Xing's earlobe and completely missed the soft shiver that coursed it's way through the server.
 
"Thank you..." Suho murmured softly and Yi Xing nodded before turning his attention back to the event speaker- fingers still intertwined with the General Manager's.
 
 
The reason for the General Manager's anger was none other then their long-time rivals from Matoki's Kitchen. In ious competitions, they always faced-off against Matoki's Kitchen and sometimes they even failed while other times they won.
 
The last competition they lost due to the lack of having a Pastry Chef.
 
This year they've come prepared, but they were immediately looked down upon once they saw that Tao was just 'some kid'.
 
Just minutes before the Preparation and Rules conference, Yongguk, head chef of Matoki's Kitchen, purposely mocked Suho's staff and that was something the General Manager could never tolerate.
 
His staff was the best and he'll be damned if anyone dared to try and prove otherwise. 
 
Tao may seem like just 'some kid' to everyone else, but to Suho- he was their secret and most lethal weapon.
 
 
"Alright. Conference dismissed. " 
 
A sharp sigh left Suho's lips once he heard those words while the other teams began to groggily head out.
 
Finally over.
 
They had been in the meeting for a little over two hours and a half and Suho wanted nothing more than to treat his stressed taste buds to dessert.
 
"Have a good day. We'll enjoyed beating you all in the competition~ lets hope this year you guys don't flop like you did last time, but it seems that even you get desperate Suho." 
 
Suho glared up at the sound of the jeering voice and he was met with a smirk tugging on Yongguk's lips as the opposing team stared down at Suho and the rest of the staff.
 
Suho clicked his in annoyance and he felt Yi Xing's hand tighten around his own.
 
"Get lost, s." Kris sneered through his teeth as he stood up to level with Yongguk.
 
Yongguk simply smirked as he made his way over to Tao, who was quietly sitting by Sehun's side. The rival head chef placed his hands on the table and leaned down close,bending over the table as he came face to face with the Pastry Chef.
 
"Listen up kid, this isn't a child's game. You don't belong here." Yongguk said, punctuating the last four words.
 
No one failed to notice the Pastry Chef's eyes lower into a glower and Sehun instantly grabbed Tao's hand- knowing that Tao had the worst control when it came to anger.
 
Tao's lips parted, but just as the words were starting to form on his lips- Yongguk was yanked back as he tumbled to the floor.
 
"I. Said. Get. Lost." growled Kris, now towering over the rival head chef. Tao didn't know when, but Kris had left his seat and walked around the table- yanking the rival chef from Tao's face.
 
"Why you mother-"
 
"Yongguk, stop. Enough. Save if for the competition day." Another Chef, who Kris recognized as Sous Chef Himchan, pulled the Head Chef up from the floor and tugged Yongguk in the opposite direction- the rest of the staff following behind.
 
Suho, breaking his finger-lock with Yi Xing, bolted from his chair and waddled over to Tao- gently placing his hands on the Pastry Chef's shoulders.
 
"Don't let him get to you, Tao. We will show them who is better" Assured Suho and Tao flashed a small smile as he nodded.
 
"Thanks, General Manager." 
 
Tao spoke softly, but anyone could see the boiling anger in the Pastry Chef's  murky eyes.
 
Sehun twisted his fingers lightly in the Pastry Chef's locks and tugged the taller one down till their foreheads touched softly. He locked gazes with Tao and pressed their noses together.
 
"ZiZi, calm down. Breath and count to three." Sehun mumbled softly and Tao's eyes fluttered close- eyelashes flickering lightly against Sehun.
 
Tao took slow and deep breaths before his eyes fluttered open once more- all traces of anger gone. 
 
"I'm alright." Tao murmured back and Sehun flashed a small smile as he nuzzled gently against the taller one's nose.
 
Tao laughed lightly before pulling back and running his fingers gently through Sehun's hair. He stood up from his seat and turned towards Kris, who's eyes were filled with a hint of jealousy...
 
"Thank you." Tao mumbled as he bowed towards at the Assistant General Manager.
 
Kris gave a soft sigh as he reached over and, catching everyone by complete and utter surprise, he ruffled the Pastry Chef's hair lightly.
 
"Don't mind them. It's a mind game they play. They'll try to do anything possible if it means victory. Anyways, everyone is dismissed for now. We all could use a few hours of rest after that long meeting. We'll meet later on tonight and discuss the competition over dinner. Understand??" 
 
"Yes, Assistant General Manager!" everyone called in Unison and Suho simply sighed as he turned to head towards the exit.
 
"General Manager, where are you-" started Xiumin, but Kris stopped the other.
 
"Don't. You know how Suho gets. Let him go and calm down." Kris stated alittle too late as Yi Xing already started after the other.
 
 
 
"General Manager!" 
 
Now outside the hotel, Suho stopped in his tracks as he ears the familiar voice and turned to see Yi Xing running up to him.
 
"I'm alright." Suho said softly as Yi Xng reached him- completely out of breath.
 
Yi Xing locked gazes with Suho as he panted softly and the server's eyes seemed to show complete understanding.
 
Yi Xing interlaced his fingers once more with Suho's before he started pulling the older one along.
 
"Y-Yi Xing! Where are you taking me?" Suho asked as the Server started down the street and turned the corner- refusing to release the General Manager's hand.
 
"To get ice cream." Yi Xing simply stated and  due to Suho walking right behind him- his missed the older one's cheeks flourish with a cherry blush.
 
Suho remained quiet as he stared at the back of Server walking in front of him and his eyes dropped down to their still tightly locked fingers. A soft smile tugged at his lips and he didn't know how Yi Xing knew exactly what to say and exactly what to do.
 
 
Once inside the ice cream shop, Yi Xing sat Suho in a small booth by the table before ordering a large sundae cup of vanilla ice cream topped with a cherry, chocolate syrup,pretzels, and whip cream.
 
He pushed the cup towards Suho and held out the the plastic red spoon- a graceful smile on his lips.
 
"Where's your spoon?" Suho as softly, but Yi Xing just shook his head.
 
"Eat, Suho." Yi Xing called softly and Suho was taken aback when he heard his name rather than 'General Manager', but he didn't hate it- rather the way Yi Xing had said it made his cheeks flourish eve more. 
 
He took the spoon and began eating slowly- purposely looking every where else but at the Server who sat across him watching silently.
 
They sat in silence as Suho quickly scarfed down the sundae and Yi Xing couldn't help but wonder how the older one never had a brain freeze.
 
Eventually, all traces of anger and stress disappeared from Suho's features and once his cup was empty, he flashed a huge, dazzling grin at the server.
 
"Thanks. I needed that." grinned Suho and Yi Xing smiled as his eyes landed on remnants of whip cream around the General Manager's lips. 
 
He leaned forward and gently wiped his thumbs over the General Manager's lips as he smiled gently. 
 
"I'm glad you feel better, General Manager." Yi Xing mumbled softly and silence befell them as they both turned to gaze out the window next to them.
 
After a while, a relaxing state washed over Suho as the scent of vanilla filled his nose and his eyes began to grow heavy from drowsiness. Yi Xing noticed and after laying out the money for the order, he somehow managed to hoist the sleepy general manager on his back without much struggle- even though a protest slipped from Suho's lips a few times.
 
"I'm told old for piggy-backs." mumbled Suho as he tried to fight his tiredness. His feet dangled freely and swayed from the motion as he wrapped his arms lightly around Yi Xing's neck- nuzzling his nose into the Server's hair and inhaling his sweet scent.
 
A small laugh left Yi Xing's lips as he felt the older one nuzzle into him. He let out a soft hum as his pace grew slower- enjoying this small time with the General Manager.
 
"You're never told old for piggy-backs or ice cream." 
 
The drowsiness was closing in on Suho and he was surprised that the meeting and stress was taking such a toll on him. He sighed softly as his arms tightened around Yi Xing's neck and he nuzzles further into the server.
 
"Has anyone ever told you that you smell of vanilla..." murmured Suho and his words slurred as he drifted off to sleep.
 
A smile found it's way to Yi Xing's lips as he realized that the older one was napping. He tightened his hold around Suho as he turned his head slightly to whisper gently 'No, only you, Suho' even though he knew the older one couldn't hear him.
 
 
 
The scent of vanilla never seemed so inviting and soft as it did now.
 
 
 
~*~
 

AN:// lol....excuse me for my SuLay feels.....man those two....;_; anyways, have you guys noticed the fierce battle for advertisement lol, I tried to bid but I didn't have nearly enough as all the other authors lol -fail- also to the tree of you who voted for this story, come forward so I can love you openly >.< I was not expecting to see the number next to the arrows because this story in painfully poorly planned and lol yeah, anyways hope the SuLay fed your SuLay needs ~ Seunsangnim loves you all and I appreciate the amount of support and love I get for the story ~ I'll try to update soon :3 Ignore spelling mistakes , iPad autocorrect is a troll.

 

Sidenote: KCON....in tears cuz Zi Tao is so close but so far....