Welcome to Hell's Kitchen

Cupid's Kitchen

 

~*{Chapter One: Welcome To Cupid's Hell's Kitchen}*~

 

 


 

"Hey guys......um....er....guys....." Suho squeaked, trying his best to get his' staff's attention. Irratated, Kris bolted from his seat and slammed his fist on the table.

"OKAY, EVERYONE SHUT THE UP OR SO HELP ME- I WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING YOU LOVE!" Kris' voice boomed through the conference room and everyone immedietly turned thier attention to the front. Kris let out a sigh as he settled back into his chair and nodded at Suho.

"Okay, everyone, I would like you guys to meet two new members to our staff. Come in you two!" Suho called and the door swung open as two unfamiliar figures stepped in. Kris raised an eyebrow as two young looking boys stepped in. One in particular, caught Kris' eye. 

"Please introduce yourselves." Suho said and the boy Kris had his eyes on cleared his throat first.

"Hello, everyone. My name is Huang Zi Tao. I'm the new Pastry Chef."  The boy spoke in a monotone voice and he gave a simple bow. No smile; No enthusiasm. His eyes gave off a deep and intimidating feeling. The other boy, who was slightly shorter, cleared his throat next.

"Hello, everyone. I'm Oh Sehun. I'm the new Busser." The boy spoke and he was just as monotone as the other one. Kris frowned slightly at the workers Suho hired.

"Did you double check before you hired these two?" Kris questioned and Suho frowned.

"Yes, I double checked." He hissed back. 

"Is there something wrong with us?" Tao spoke up and everyone in the room held thier breath. He not only didn't use honorifics, but he had spoke pretty bluntly to Kris- which was something someone never did.

Kris got up and stepped infront of Tao as he glared down at the young one. "And if I do?"

Suho gave a dry laugh. "Come on guys...we shouldn't be like this..."

Tao smirked up at Kris and Kris was startled to see someone willing to fight back at him.  He simply gave a cocky laugh as he stepped back and turned to Suho as he flashed a small smile. "Thank you for hiring us, Boss."

Kris stared at the boy in disbelief. Did he just ignore me? 

"Now, guys. I know that they seem young, but Sehun is dedicated and Tao has won enough competition and recognition to back up his talent. So please treat them nicely." Suho said.

"Yes, Boss." everyone replied in a monotone unison. 

"Alrigth! Meeting dismissed! Prepare for opening!" hissed Kris as he bolted from the room- still pisssed that a kid had dared to even challenge him.

 

"You'll have to get used to him. He can be pretty sweet when he wants to." Suho said as he ruffled Tao's and Sehun's hair lightly.

"He's only nice to you, gramps." Tao saw a short boy walk up them. He flashed a small grin at Sehun and him. "Nice to meet you both, I'm Chen. I'm a Line Cook, so don't forget I'm a higher rank than you both, okay?"

Before Tao could even open his mouth to reply, A slightly chubby male came up and wacked Chen on the back of his head. "Is that any way to speak to new employees? " 

"Ouch! Hyung, that hurt!" whined Chen and the male rolled his eyes before turning his attention to Tao and Sehun.

"Ignore this guy and don't trust anything he says. I'm the Executive Chef, Xiumin. It's a pleasure to meet you both and I look forward to working with you two. If you ever need anything, don't be afraid to come to me, alright?"

"It's a pleasure to meet you both, Xiumin-Sunbae and Chen-Sunbae. " Sehun replied with a small bow. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you both, Sunbaes." Tao said as he bowed. A tiny, wide-eyed male came walking up to them and he flashed a lovely smile.

"I'm Do Kyungsoo. I run the kitchen. I'm the Sous Chef/ Chef de Cuisine. " 

"Yes, but everyone calls him Mama Do, so don't be afraid to call him that." teased Chen and he recieved another slap from the Executive Chef.

"Luhan! Come here! I want you to take Sehun on a tour of the building and guide him since he works out on the floor with you!" Xiumin called and a pretty boy came strolling up. He flashed a small smile as he bowed.

"I'm Luhan. I'm a Hostess. Please come with me." Luhan said and Sehun nodded as he followed the hostess out the room.

Xiumin turned back to Tao. "Since you'll be working in the kitchen, I'll guide you. Come with me." 

Xiumin led Tao to the kitchen and showed the younger one where his work station would be. A small smile found it's way to Tao's lips as the younger one admired his clean station. "Is it to your liking?"

Tao nodded. "Yes, Sunbae. It's perfect."

"That's good. Our resturants operates at a fast and fierce pace, but your shifts will mostly be during the late night or early mornings...so you'll have to adjust to the irregular work hours. We haven't quite figured out the dessert menu yet since it's a new feature we're adding and we were hoping to discuss it with you. "

"We?" Tao asked curiously.

"Yes.  Chef Kyungsoo, the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager, and myself." Xiumin answered.

Tao's eyebrow slightly twitched when he realized that he'd have to see the Assistant General Manager. He took and deep breath and nodded. "Alright, that's fine, sunbae."

"Great, how about we jump right in?  Sous Chef!" Xiumin called and Kyungsoo came bolting through the door.

"Yes?"

"Come with us. We're going to go discuss the dessert menu so that way, we will have it ready by tonight. We still have some time before opening. "

"Alright."

"Well, let's go." Xiumin said and both Kyungsoo and Tao followed him out.

 

~*~

 

"I won't accept this kid unless he proves himself. " Kris spatt as he glared at the young boy who returned his glare.

"Now, Kris! This hardly seems fair! Don't you think you're being judgemental?" complained Xiumin and he glanced at Tao, but it all seemed to unfaze him.

"Anyone can win a few measly competitions." hissed Kris.

"It's alright, Chef Xiumin, I'm used to ignorant asses." Tao answered and Kyungsoo's eyes widen in shock as the whole room waited for Kris to bolt up and crush this kid.

"Excuse me?" Kris growled.

"Ahaha...come on guys....we're family...." mumbled Suho, laying a hand on Kris' thigh just in case he decided to get up and strangle the new pastry chef. A small smirk graced Tao's cat-like lips.

"You heard me. Or is it that not only are you ignorant, you're deaf too?"

Xiumin had to hand it to the kid- he was good with pushing buttons. "OKAY....I can see we aren't getting anywhere. I'm sorry to ask this of you Tao, but would you mind making some sort of dessert?"

Tao sighed as he stood up. "That's fine, Chef Xiumin. I'll go do it right now."

"B-but we haven't recieved all the supplies yet for pastry making." Kyungsoo protested.

"It's alright. I can just use whatever it is that we have in the kitchen. Is that alright, Sous Chef and Chef Xiumin?" Tao asked and Xiumin looked at Kris.

"That's alright with you, right, Kris? After all, you started this mess." Xiumin asked.

"Fine by me." Kris grummbled and Xiumin sighed as he got up and headed over to Tao.

"I'm sorry, Tao." Xiumin mummbled as he flashed an apologetic smile at the younger one.

"Why are you apologizng, Chef Xiumin?" Tao asked as he gave the older one a curious look.

Xiumin gave a dry laugh as he patted the younger one's shoulder. "I'm sorry that you have to go through this. It may be the first but it surely won't be the last time that you'll find yourself in a sticky situation."

"What do you mean?"

"What he means to say is: Welcome to hell's kitchen. The moment you step on Kris' bad side is the moment you enter hell." answered Kyungsoo and Tao glanced behind the chefs to see Kris glaring at him and Suho trying to calm Kris. Oh great....I just walked right into hell.......


 

 

~*~


AN:// So....thanks for everyone who subscribed ^^ I hope you guys like the chapter and authornim loves you all~ <3