01

The Boy Next Door (Discontinued)

Eunhee laid on her bed, looking at the ceiling. Nicole had already left. Eunhee's mind went to the boy she saw. She tilted her head. Just by looking at him, he looks like those bad boys from those movies...He probably has a fun life, better than mine.  She thought, as she frown. Maybe he could bring some fun into this boring life of mine. As Eunhee remains staring at the ceiling, her bedroom door opened. A female figure walked in and plopped herself down on the bed. Eunhee jumped from surprised and stared at the intruder. "Dear god! Unnie, are freaking serious?! You gave me a heart attack!" The latter smiled and laughed. She got on her knees, reached over and pinched the younger girl's cheeks.

"I'm sorry~ Unnie didn't mean to~" The older girl continued to pinch the younger's cheeks, while moving it into a different direction. Eunhee slapped her older sister's hands away.

"Will you knock it off?"

"Okay!" Eunhee stared at her older sister and sighed. I can't believe she's older than me.

"What do you want, Yuri unnie?" Yuri stared at her younger sibling.

"Omma wants you to come downstairs."

"Why?"

"I don't know." Yuri said, shrugging her shoulders. She grabbed her hand and dragged her sister out the bedroom. "Only one way to find out!" Eunhee's hand was stuck in the palm of Yuri's iron grip. She dragged her down the stairs and into the living room, where her parents were. Yuri sat Eunhee down on the couch, while she took a seat next to her. "So why do you guys want us?" She asked, curiously. Their parents looked at them.

"You guys notice that we have new neighbors, right?" asked their father. The both of them nodded their heads. "Well we wanted to go introduce ourselves and welcome them here." 

"Righ now?" Eunhee asked.

"Yes right now." said her mother. Eunhee sighed.

"Can we like do that tomorrow. I'm too tired."

"You're not tired, you just don't want to go." Eunhee looked at them and smiled.

"You guys know me so well." Her parents and Yuri shook their heads.

"Either way, we're going to welcome them. So get up." said her mother. Eunhee groaned and Yuri pulled her up and the four of them went to the door and headed their way next door. Eunhee frowned on the way there, but then thought of the boy. Wait, that boy is going to be there. That means I can get to know him! Eunhee smiled at that thought. Yeah, let's go with that!

"Why are you smiling?" asked Yuri. Eunhee looked at her.

"Oh nothing~" Yuri looked at her sister, weirdly, but decided not to change, since she's as weird herself. They reached the house and Mr.Kwon rang the doorbell. You could here voices from inside and the door opened, revealing a woman in her late 30s.

"Oh? Can I help you?" she asked.

"Yes. We all wanted to welcome you here. Since we noticed you moving in here." said Mrs.Kwon. The lady smiled.

"That's really nice of you. Thank you."

"Don't worry, we're just being friendly. Right girls?" Mr.Kwon looked at his daughters. They nodded their heads and looked at the lady.

"Yes. We wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood. So...Welcome!" Yuri smiled and nudge Eunhee to say something.

"Yeah. Welcome to the neighborhood." She smiled. The lady laughed.

"Thank you. Oh and do please come in. I feel terrible for leaving you outside." She ushered the Kwons inside and brought them to the living room. Boxes were still everywhere. "Sorry for the mess. We didn't have that much time to unpack."

"There's no need to apologize. You did just moved in."

"Yes. Please sit down. It's a good thing we have the couch out here." Everyone sat down on the couch, It was quiet for a little while, until a man in his early 40s came in.

"Soojin wher- Oh, whose this?"

"They are neighbors."

"Oh." He shook hands with Mr. & Mrs.Kwon. "I'm Lee Taehyun, this is my wife, Soojin." They both smiled.

"Hello. I'm Kwon Sangmin, and this is my wife, Chungae. And these are my lovely daughters. My eldest, Yuri."

"Hello." said Yuri.

"And my youngest, Eunhee."

"Hello." said Eunhee.

"You have beautiful daughters." said Mr.Lee.

"Thank you." said Yuri and Eunhee.

"Where's Byunghun?" asked Mr.Lee to his wife.

"He's probably unpacking in his room."

"Whose Byunghun?" asked Mrs.Kwon.

"Our son."

"Really? How old is he?"

"He's 18."

"Oh, the same age as Eunhee." Everyone looked at Eunhee. "They should hang out." Mrs.Kwon smiled.

"They should."

"Yah! Byunghun!" shouted Mr.Lee.

"What?!" A voice from upstairs shouted.

"Come down here! We have guest!" Several seconds passed, footsteps were heard coming down. All heads turn to the owner and saw a young boy with blonde hair coming down. "Byunghun, meet our new neighbors. Mr. & Mrs.Kwon and their daughters, Yuri and Eunhee." The boy named 'Byunghun' bowed down and greeted them.

"Hello Mr. & Mrs.Kwon, Yuri," He faced Eunhee and smiled. "and Eunhee."

"Hello, Byunghun."

"Byunghun has a nickname that people like to call him." said Mrs.Lee.

"Which is?" asked Yuri.

"L.Joe." L.Joe. Eunhee thought. What a weird nickname...

"It's unique." said Mrs.Kwon. Eunhee looked at her mother weirdly. Really?

"Well sorry for being a poor host, but I need to get some of my stuff and unpack." said L.Joe.

"Eunhee could help." said Mrs.Kwon.

"I could?"

"Yes you could." Her mother said, looking at her. From the intensity from her eyes, she knew her mother meant it.

"Yeah. I could, if you want." Please say no. Please say no. Ple-

"That would be really nice." -Crap. "I'll show you where it is." He smiled at her. Eunhee frowned. Yuri pulled Eunhee down for a little bit and whispered in her ear.

"Good luck." She winked at her. Eunhee made a face. The hell...? Eunhee went to L.Joe and he picked up a box. He told her to follow him and she did, while the others continue to talk.

"So we finally get to meet." She heard him say. "I hope you got a better view from face-to-face and not from your bedroom window." Eunhee stopped walking. 

"I wasn't being a creeper if that's what you're asking." she said.

"I wasn't. But now that you mention it, it was pretty creeper." Eunhee rolled her eyes and continued walking. 

"Do you need help or not?" L.Joe stopped walking, they were in the hallway. L.Joe placed the box down and turned to face Eunhee. He had a blank expression, not showing any emotions. Eunhee began feel a little uncomfortable. "W-Why are you staring at me like that?" L.Joe walked towards her. 

"You know you're really pretty." He curled a strand of hair behind her ear. Eunhee's eyes widen.

"W-What?" L.Joe got closer to her.

"I said, you're really pretty." Whispering into her ear. Eunhee felt her heart beating fast and the blood rushing to her cheeks. L.Joe pulled away and stared at her blushing face. He smirked. "You're really fun to mess with." He turned back around, grabbed the box and went to his room. Eunhee stood there, dumbfounded, blinking out of confusion. The hell just happen?


The first chapter! Hope you like it. Please give me some feedback.

Subscribe & Comment~