{ Episode 2 } Well, This is Awkward

Reality Over Fantasy: We Got Married?

 

lol. Well that certainly crushed all my MyungHyun feels.
by chodingyeol
10 views | Posted on 7-2-2011 17:55:20 
Tags [?]

Seriously? HyunGyu? LOL. Well, I didn’t see that one coming. I would’ve really preferred it if it was MyungHyun~ *_* oh well. They look cute together anyway. XD Hahaha. Subs, please come soon!

Comments

Comments are moderated. Keep it cool. Critical is fine, but if you're rude to one another (or to us), we'll delete your stuff. Have fun and thanks for joining the conversation! 


Must be logged in to post a message
 


There are no comments yet for this blog post.

 


 

 On Air                    ★ 

<< Recap

Bachelorette’s Hyunyoung is finally getting married…! The question is; to who?

“…good luck; may our years of trying to find you happiness be worth it. Park Hyunyoung, fighting – yah, what is this!” she laughs and hits the members with the mission card, flustered and confused.

The ideal type, DBSK’s U-Know Yunho?

“Oh my God!” Hyunyoung gasps before laughing, covering her reddening face. Yunho chuckles as well and bows politely to her, introducing himself. She bows back before looking at the camera, dazed and giddy.

“Is this for real? Because if it is, I’m seriously taking back everything I said! We Got Married is daebak, seriously!”

Perhaps, the close friend; Super Junior’s Kim Ryeowook?

“No way!” Hyunyoung laughs and shoves his shoulder.

“Yah, Park Hyunwol – is this any way to treat your friend?” Ryeowook whines and rubs his shoulder mockingly. Still laughing, Hyunyoung turns to the camera.

“Is this for real? Ah, I’m not doing this! No way!”

And then there is L…

“Hyung-ah, I brought hyungsunim along!” he yells out loud. She widens her eyes and turns quickly towards L, she echoes his words.

“Hyungsunim!?”

…who leads her to Sunggyu, her husband. How will the couple fare? >>

Episode II; Part 1/3
A park in Hongdae

“Ah, I’m really sorry!” Hyunyoung was still laughing, but her apology was sincere. At least, Sunggyu thought so. He wasn’t really sure as L had told him long before that Hyunyoung had a very specific way of thinking that nobody really knew how to figure out. Myungsoo, with an arm slung around Hoya’s shoulders, thankfully stepped in before it became awkward from all the apologies.

“Ei, noona. How is that an apology? Look at Sunggyu hyung right now, so disappointed.” Myungsoo said, pointing carelessly at his leader. “Is that a way to treat your husband?”

Sunggyu snorted and tried to hide his grin by covering up with his right hand. He kept looking down, trying not to make it too obvious that he was amused by the situation. Hyunyoung clearly knew about it though, but was thankfully nice enough [or perhaps, was just more experienced in acting in front of the camera?] to keep quiet and continue looking worried, as a wife should when her husband seems to be upset at her. Sungyeol was silently laughing in between his leader and Hyunyoung.

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo, don’t try and talk like you know about marriage.” Hyunyoung scolded playfully. She turned back to look at Sunggyu with a shy, guilty grin. “…Sunggyu-ssi,” she managed to mutter before laughing again, a bit embarrassed.

As per the PD’s request, Sunggyu continued to ignore her and Sungyeol as well when he had called him and apologized cheekily. The leader kept looking around as if he was looking for something interesting to look at. Hyunyoung laughed and pressed both of her palms to her cheeks, looking back and forth between the members.

“What do I do…? Sunggyu-ssi, please don’t be mad?” she tried acting cute, as it always seemed to work with Jinae when the maknae got into petty fights with her boyfriend, Sandeul. Sunggyu bit back a grin, his shoulders already shaking in the form of silent laughter. Hyunyoung acted as if she hadn’t noticed the slight upward twitch of the corner of his lips, though fans were sure not to leave that out.

<< Caption: Who is this person? >>

MC 1: “Hyunyoung is usually very confident during shows, right?”
MC 3: “Yes, but this shy side is cute as well.”
Seulong: “This is only their second episode so far, right? Ah, what’s this feeling of loneliness suddenly?”
Jinwoon: “Hyung, why did we even agree to become regulars?” laughs and exchanges a hi-five with Seulong.


“Hyung, you can’t still be mad?” Sungyeol chuckled, and kept whining. He was pulling on Sunggyu’s sleeve as the latter ignored him completely.

“L, who is this person?” Sunggyu suddenly asked with a curious look on his face. L and Hoya laughed in response to their leader’s joke while Sungyeol chuckled awkwardly and glanced back to a still flustered Hyunyoung.

“Noona, you betrayed our hyung.” Myungsoo started saying again, now pointing accusingly at Hyunyoung. The only girl in the group kept a forced smile, obviously not liking her dongsaeng’s use of informal speech. “Because of that, you need to do a punishment!”

“What kind of first meeting is this?” she countered and began stepping backwards.

“Sunggyu hyung, even if she’s your wife, you mustn’t be lenient. Cheating is bad.” Hoya teased with a serious nod. He broke into a grin when Sunggyu let out a nervous chuckle and pushed his shoulder a little bit. “Punishment, what’s your punishment, hyung?”

“Why is this cheating when I didn’t even know?” Hyunyoung laughed and threw her head back. “Ah, I’m really going to go crazy during this show. Seriously…”

Ignoring her, Sunggyu pretended to think deeply. He took in a sharp breath and placed his knuckle underneath his chin, expressing a thinking position. “I want a wife who is faithful to me. And will be able to dance well to our songs.”

At the mention of the dance, the other members present as well as Hyunyoung started laughing.

“I am loyal!” she replied, throwing her hands up in the air exasperatedly. Sunggyu grinned at her, vaguely reminding her of Super Junior’s ‘real’ maknae, Henry. She did note that it was the first time he took full notice of her, one that she returned. “…alright, fine, one dance, but that’s it. Ah, really. This is the first time I’ve heard that one of the requirements of a wife is to be able to dance well!”

<< Caption: It’s our first time too… >>

Hoya turned to look at Hyunyoung and asked if she knew the steps to their latest song, “Nothing’s Over”. With a confident nod and a quick tying of her hair, Hyunyoung assured him she did, emitting awes from the other members.

“Only for the chorus, okay? You guys sing since I’m not sure with the lyrics.” She instructed them. They agreed with a nod of their heads as all four members gathered. They gave her a bit of space to move in and just as she was about to get into position, Hyunyoung suddenly laughed and mumbled a ‘wait a moment’, covering her reddening face with both hands. “Ah, I’ll go crazy here!”

“I’m wearing a dress!” she complained, trying again to act cute with a pout. Sungyeol covered his face though the camera had already captured his smiling face. Sunggyu tossed him a glare as Myungsoo told Hyunyoung his hyung was getting angry again. “Okay, I understand. I’ll make an exception this time, since it’s for my…” Hyunyoung laughed again, biting her lower lip and getting into position. “My husband,”

Sunggyu didn’t bother hiding his smile and Sungyeol kept pulling at Sunggyu’s sleeve again, whining. The PDs had set to work fast, the song’s background music suddenly played through their portable speakers. How they managed to do it so fast, Sunggyu didn’t know.

L started singing the verse before the chorus as the rest watched Hyunyoung bobbing her head to the beat of the song. Once the chorus kicked in, the acting cute version Hyunyoung had been thrown away and replaced with the charismatic, onstage presence of Hyunyoung. Even Sunggyu, who blatantly favored Charlie Jung as a Bachelorette member, found it hard to claim Charlie as the best dancer when watching Bachelorette’s Hyunyoung.

Her moves were precise and timed to their beat perfectly; it was obvious that she had danced their choreography before. Sunggyu found it hard to believe how she could still look so charismatic while smiling and trying to act cute as he normally saw Aerin, their rapper, perform that way onstage. Hyunyoung managed to end the choreography with their normal ending, a love-shot for the fans. Only this time, Sunggyu was sure it was pointed at him, complete with a quick wink before Hyunyoung had become embarrassed again and started laughing, her face completely red.

<< Caption: The wife is embarrassed but the husband seems happy. >>

Jinwoon: “I would be happy too, if Hyunyoung winked at me.”
Seulong: “Jinwoon, she’s a married woman!”


Hyunyoung kept laughing airily, fanning her face as she kept repeating incoherent words under her breath. The members kept applauding while Sunggyu kept grinning happily. Sungyeol suddenly started shaking his hyung’s shoulder again though, complaining about how their leader could get so lucky.

.oOo.

Q: Why did you suddenly suggest having her dance your song?

Sunggyu: he laughs and covers his mouth embarrassed. “I actually didn’t think she’d do it, but I asked her because of Sungyeol. He really likes it when she dances, and I can see why. Hyun Wol moves in a different beat, but is still very graceful and can pull off anything you throw at her all the same. I think that’s very amazing.” He pauses and smiles slightly. “…ah, really; Nothing’s Over could be our song.” He starts singing a couple of song lyrics before laughing, embarrassment clear on his face.

.oOo.

Still laughing to themselves, L pushed the newlyweds together, trying to get them to be more comfortable around each other. They were a new couple in a top-rated variety show that was not only watched nation-wide, but all over the world as well. It was kind of obvious they needed to get comfortable quick, or it would only serve as a disadvantage for both of them.

Clearly embarrassed, the two greeted each other awkwardly, still chuckling. They shared a formal handshake though it seemed that Sunggyu was trying hard not to seem uncomfortable. Hyunyoung thanked him with a small, but bright smile.

.oOo.

Q: Honestly, were you uncomfortable?

Hyunyoung: “…I really was.” She nods seriously. “Although amongst other idols, especially those who know me well, I am someone who is very easy going and easy to approach to. However, the idea of meeting someone who will be my husband is a little bit unnerving for me. But I saw how he tried to make an effort, and that really assured me. I thought that ‘maybe this won’t be so bad after all’. It actually made me look forward to how he would try to ease up the awkward atmosphere between us.”

Sunggyu: “Mm, more than awkward, I felt guilty actually. Even before our debut, INFINITE members as a whole really liked Bachelorette. We were really big fans. Among us, the favorite member was usually Hyunyoung; but it always differed with every comeback. We would always go ‘ah, this member looks prettier this time’ or ‘wah, she really improved for this comeback’, and focus on that member. The one who was very faithful to her as a fan was always Sungyeol. I kind of felt guilty…” he chuckles and rubs the back of his neck. “He was also supposed to be the one to do this, and really. Ah… Sungyeol-ah, hyung’s sorry.”

.oOo.

“Alright, it’s cleared up now; kids go home.” Sunggyu suddenly said and started pushing the other members out of the camera’s view. With equally whiny complaints, they try to force themselves to stay put, though it seemed Sunggyu was much more stubborn than they gave credit for.

“Why, why, why?” Hoya tried to counter. “Without us, it’ll be awkward again with you and hyungsunim!” The two younger ones started nodding vigorously. Sunggyu ignored them with trained ease.

“How will this be We Got Married if the brother-in-laws keep monopolizing the husband’s wife?” Sunggyu retorted with an astonished grin. Flustered, Hyunyoung wasn’t able to say nor do anything but laugh. She looked at the camera and kept making ‘what do I do?’ kind of faces. “Quickly, quickly; get out already.” Sunggyu added.

“Hyungsunim, you don’t want to kick us out too, do you?” Sungyeol asked, showing her a pout. L, who had been protesting to Sunggyu, suddenly turned to the camera and whispered, “Sungyeol hyung has brains too – the decision of a man is always inclined to his woman.”

Sunggyu suddenly turned to Hyunyoung and gave her a quick pleading look.

“Of course a wife has to agree with her husband.” She suddenly said, bringing a grin on Sunggyu’s face. The three others didn’t look as excited, but casted quick glances to themselves as if approving her as their sister-in-law. Hyunyoung managed to catch them in their silent discussion and couldn’t help but think as if it seemed like an initiation process in a drama where the main girl [in this case, her] was being judged by the boyfriend’s family.

Their manager was the one who eventually rounded the boys up, telling them they still had other schedules to go to. Though they whined and stubbornly refused to go, they eventually gave in with the promise of gossip later in the dorms.

“Hyungsunim; live well with hyung!” the kids suddenly shouted in the distance, waving their arms frantically so that the camera would be able to spot them. The newlyweds laughed, though for entirely different reasons; Sunggyu, embarrassed by s and Hyunyoung at their adorable antics. “Congratulations!”

“Hyungsunim, I love you!”

“That was Sungyeol, really that kid.” Sunggyu said, rubbing his neck. “Aigo, they’ll be the death of me one day, really!”

MC 2: “It seems the husband has a bit of competition amongst the in-laws as well.”
MC 3: “It’s like a drama. A drama, I tell you.”
Jinwoon: “Hyunyoung-ssi is the popular girl who has a boyfriend, Sunggyu. However her boyfriend’s friend, Sungyeol, disapproves of their relationship and tries to separate them.” laughs and jumps in his seat.
Seulong: “Ah, that’s really cliché! I'm getting goosebumps~”


The cameraman started coming closer and handed them a pink envelope which both had to laugh at a little.

“This is seriously happening then?” Hyunyoung sighed, and opened the letter, stepping closer to Sunggyu to let him read the note.

<>

Sunggyu laughed and covered his mouth, unable to read the rest of the message. Embarrassed, Hyunyoung smacked his arm lightly with the message envelope. It seemed to make him smile wider though, noting how it seemed less awkward between them already.

“Shush.” She said, still flustered as she tried to hide her face using the mission card. “Ah, really; why did you guys have to put that in as well… that’s really embarrassing. PD-nim, really! How could you guys?”

<< Caption: Hyunyoung-ah, the staff loves you a lot! >>

“It’s fine. It’s cute.” Sunggyu reassured her, surprising himself with his own words. He took the letter from her hands and continued reading.

<< To celebrate this lovely event, we’ve prepared something special. Though we won’t say what it is, just yet. For now though just enjoy your married life together and get to know one another better.

Have fun, you two! >>

“What kind of message is this?!” Sunggyu laughed as soon as he finished the mission card. Hyunyoung laughed, almost used to the teasing by the staff. She had always been very close with the staff of MBC’s We Got Married, having always been asked of favors from them to spice up the life of some of the member’s episodes.

“What something special is this, huh?” Hyunyoung scoffed, reading through the letter again. “Yah, it isn’t something like the container box of Gain-unnie’s, is it!?”

<< Caption: Referring to Adam couple’s first home… isn’t that a little… >>

“Ahh, no way; they won’t have creativity then if they did that again.” Sunggyu assured her, though seemed to be a little hesitant. He wasn’t really sure how We Got Married worked, as this was his first time properly participating in the segment. But Hyunyoung seemed to be quite assured the staff would do it, if only to tease the younger girl.

“Sunggyu-ssi, you don’t know how the minds of these people work.” She said rather confidently, nodding at the camera before exchanging bright grins with her now ‘husband’.

Well, it didn’t really seem they’d be having too much trouble adjusting to the other. As they say, the way to friendship was through gossip.

<< Caption: …we’re not that heartless, Hyunyoung… >>