{ Episode 1 } The Husband's Side of the Story

Reality Over Fantasy: We Got Married?


 On Air                    ★ 

Episode I; Part 4/5
Interview Room

Q: Please introduce yourself!

Sunggyu: He grins brightly before bowing at the camera.”Annyeonghaseyo. I’m INFINITE’s leader, Kim Sunggyu.”

<< Caption: Trending idols’ leader, Kim Sunggyu! >>

Q: What are your goals for the show?

Sunggyu: “I really didn’t expect this, to be honest. But now that I’m on here, I’ll try to do my best.” He nods seriously. “There have been some concern with fans that I switch ideal types easily, since that incident last year with Sistar’s Soyu and 4Minute’s Jiyoon…” he laughs a little, obviously flustered to be talking about such things. “But I want to change that image here. I’ll try my hard to be a man my wife would be proud to look at and say, ‘that’s my husband’.”

MC 1: “Oh, it’s Sunggyu then!”
MC 2: “She doesn’t know that yet, though…?”

Normal  P.O.V.
Episode I; Part 4/5
Somewhere in Hongdae

Hyungsunim?” Hyunyoung kept repeating, a grin on her face. “You aren’t lying right, Myungsoo? You’re not my husband, right? I’m just your sister-in-law, right?”

“You make it sound like it’s a good thing!”

<< Caption: Actually… earlier that day… >>

Episode I; Part 4/5
Manwondong, South Korea
INFINITE’s dorm, prior to the recording in Hongdae

“Who do you think it’ll be?” Sunggyu asked, staring at the group anxiously as he did. The other members were honestly getting somewhat tired with their leader’s nervousness. Since he had gotten the text from the crew of We Got Married, he had been talking nonstop, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible. The boys from INFINITE looked at one another and began listing names of actresses and girl group members, laughing as they did so with each guess.

“Soyu! It’s gotta be her. Sistar’s really popular these days.” Woohyun said, pointing a finger at their leader.

“No way, it’s Jiyoon. From 4Minute.” Hoya pitched in, rolling over to his side. Dongwoo sat back and began to think deeply.

“It could be someone else entirely. Like Secret’s Hyosung, or maybe even A-Pink’s Eunji.” He said. L threw him the bamboo pillow lightly.

“Ei, Eunji’s barely allowed on this show. She’s a minor, remember?” he reminded them. He leaned back and sat up by his propped elbows. “I think it’s one of the Bachelorette members. I watched last week’s episode, and they said something about getting the other girl’s to marry, so they don’t feel alone.”

“Impossible; they’re busy, aren’t they? Preparing for their comeback and all,” Hoya interjected.

“Well, so are we.” Sungyeol countered readily, backing up L. “But I do kind of think a Bachelorette member would be too farfetched. They already had Mirae noona and Chalie-ssi on the show right? Hyung would be super lucky if he managed to be a husband to one of them!”

“Want to bet?” L asked cheekily. It was as if he knew something, though the others chose not to ask. “We don’t have anything better to do. And Sunggyu hyung is panicking –” he heard a ‘yah’ from said hyung. “- so we should make use of the situation.”

Hoya seemed interested as were the rest of the members. They sat up properly and leaned closer to their visual, ignoring the leader who was trying to get their attention. “What’s the trick? Ground rules?”

“The winner doesn’t have to clean their room.” L said, not thinking too much of it. He looked around the room and noticed the air conditioner. It hadn’t been working properly for a few days, and the heat was killing the members. “And he can have the big fan to himself for one week.”

“That’s too light!” Sungjong commented, laughing. He nudged L’s leg with his foot. “The winner also gets treated to dinner, by each member!”

Everyone murmured their agreement as Sunggyu merely sat back, astonished how his group could treat his dilemma as their way of countering boredom. He looked at the camera filming him and shook his head. “These kids will be the death of me…”

MC 2: “Hyunyoung said something similar to that, didn’t she?”
MC 3: laughs. “We sound like obsessed fans now. Connecting every little thing…”
MC 2: “Why? Now that we’ve finally found out who the husband is, we should take every little chance we get!”

.oOo.

Q: Personally, who would you have liked as your own wife?

Sunggyu: He laughs and his small eyes get even smaller, forming upside down crescent shapes. “Do I have to answer honestly? Ahh… I would’ve liked it to be someone who was close to my ideal type, someone like Sistar’s Soyu or 4Minute’s Jiyoon, really. Or actually, even Bachelorette’s Jinae, she’s really super cute.”

MC 2: “Oh! He likes Jinae? Really?”
MC 3: “I read somewhere he liked Charlie a lot, though.”
MC 1: “But Charlie’s married.”
MC 3: “Exactly!”

.oOo.

Sunggyu was not allowed to join the bet and was assigned to list the girls instead. Three mentioned Sistar’s Soyu, Dongwoo said something about Park Shin Hye – though was corrected by the staff giving a hint that the wife was an idol and quickly switched to A-Pink’s Chorong. L and Sungyeol meanwhile contemplated on whether the wife could be another SNSD member, someone from KARA, or one from Bachelorette.

“Sunggyu hyung wouldn’t be that lucky.” They commented easily, grinning to themselves.

Sunggyu glared at them, “Yah, I’m right here.”

Both still sniggering to themselves, concluded that it was either Aerin or Hyunyoung, both of which from Bachelorette as both KARA and SNSD were busy in Japan.

The manager eventually called Sunggyu and told him to hurry up. The members complained that they should be able to see their sister-in-law as well, and decided who gets to go with their hyung through a game of rock-paper-scissors. Sungyeol, L, and Hoya managed to win and accompanied a nervous Sunggyu inside their personal van.

Facing one of the cameras installed in the vehicle, Sunggyu let out a nervous breath. He shook his head as the other members kept throwing names of different girl group members in the back while he sat at the front. “Ah, this is nerve-wracking.” He mumbled, but shook his head again and put on a determined face. “Kim Sunggyu, fighting.”

.oOo.

Q: Why were you so nervous?

Sunggyu: “To be honest, I don’t really have much experience in relationships. Even if other people won’t really agree with me, I don’t think I have enough experience in relationships to move to another level, like getting married.” He laughs and looks away momentarily. “I mean… it’s a fake marriage, but I’m just really worried. Will I be able to make my wife happy? Will I be happy with my wife? How can I be a good husband to her? Things like that kept running through my head. Ah, it was irritating being so nervous. It was like our debut stage all over again, only this time my members weren’t with me.”

.oOo.

A park in Hongdae

“Is she here yet?” Sunggyu asked, looking around the park. Fans had already whipped out their phones and started taking pictures the moment they recognized four out of seven members from INFINITE. Sungyeol and Hoya tried to keep the fans busy by waving and doing typical fan service stuff that was practically instinctive on their parts. L stayed by his leader’s side with his hands coolly in his pockets.

“Hyung is seriously worrying too much.” He said carelessly. Sunggyu didn’t say anything, mostly because it was much too true. He did glare a little at their visual, who ignored it, trying to find his hyung’s wife.

“Hyung, what did the mission card say again?” Sungyeol asked, both he and Hoya finally catching up to the other two. Hoya leaned closer to one of the cameras farther from Sunggyu and mumbled something how his hyung had already memorized the mission card by heart.

Almost automatically, slightly robotically without even looking back at Sungyeol, Sunggyu recited;

<< Congratulations to Kim Sunggyu on his new marriage!

To finally meet “the one girl” that will be yours, go to that one park in Hongdae. Make sure that she won’t get lonely waiting in her white dress for her husband to arrive, please go quickly at the specified time!  Congratulations again, and good luck.

Kim Sunggyu, fighting! >>

The members lagged behind him and tried to contain their laughter. Only Sunggyu kept pacing back and forth the fountain, nervousness overcoming his temper as he craned his neck trying to find a girl in a white dress. Eventually the other boys calmed down as well, finally opting to sit at the edge of the fountain and mimic Sunggyu, trying to find their future sister-in-law.

“She’s late.” Sunggyu stopped pacing and pressed his knuckle to his lips, trying to keep his cool. “Is this a hidden camera, perhaps? INFINITE is shooting another reality show as well – Sungyeol-ah, is this a prank of yours and the crew of Sesame Player?”

“What? How could you even suggest such a thing, hyung.” Sungyeol said, none too convincing. He kept playing with the surface of the water, tracing small patterns.

<< Caption: Worried, worried… >>

“Sunggyu hyung, calm down, won’t you?” Hoya suggested, a grin playing on his lips. “Maybe she’s busy and is running late. She’ll come don’t worry.”

“Or maybe she saw Sunggyu hyung and ran away.” L commented nonchalantly, earning a few chuckles from Sungyeol who asked for a low hi-five after. Sunggyu didn’t look too pleased, but did not say anything either. He was oddly silent as well, which sort of unnerved the other members. Suddenly the leader nodded with a dead serious expression in his face.

“…that might be it. Oh gosh, what if she did?”

The others exchange looks and burst out laughing, not exactly sure if their leader is serious or not; either way though, it sounded pretty funny to them.

“Hyung, are you listening to yourself?” L asked, getting up from his sitting position at the edge of the fountain to stand beside Sunggyu. “Ah, really… you know what; I’m going to the entrance. Maybe she’s really just running late. I’ll go and get her. Stay put, alright hyung?”

Without waiting for a confirmation, L had already dashed off towards the entrance, one of the VJs following him. After a moment, Sunggyu let out an airy laugh and pointed towards the visual. “Ah, really – that guy… does whatever he wants, seriously.” Defeated, he replaced L near the edge of the fountain and continued staring in the direction he went.

Sungyeol and Hoya on either side of him, they both put a reassuring arm and hand on his shoulder.

A few minutes of silence passing, the writer noonas gave the trio a sign to talk about who Sunggyu’s possible wife could be.

“Hyung, who do you think it could be?” Sungyeol asked, lacing his fingers as he adjusted his position, his body now facing his leader. “It would be kind of obvious if it would be your ideal type, don’t you think?” Hoya nodded in agreement.

“If it’s not Soyu, I don’t know who it is.” Sunggyu answered honestly, laughing a little into his hand. “Ah, really… She’s the only one I know they’d cast in this show to pair me up with. I mean – who else is there?”

“4 Minute’s Jiyoon,” Hoya answered cheekily, earning him a chuckle from the two other boys.

“What about you two? If say, either of you were the ones to be casted here… who do you think they’d pair you up with?” Sunggyu turned the tables and glanced at the dongsaengs on either side of him. Sungyeol gave him a blank expression, and Hoya’s lips formed a crooked kind of smile.

“This is a trap, isn’t it? Inspirit, please don’t mind our hyung. We still love you the best.” Hoya addressed the fans, looking sincerely at the camera. Laughing, Sunggyu playfully pushed their rapper’s arm, momentarily making him imbalanced. Hoya laughed though.

MC 2: “Ah, I’m actually curious too. Seriously,”
MC 3: “Yah, yah, yah – they’re too young for you!”


Sunggyu glanced at the two again, an easy smile playing on his lips. “No, really; answer the question. It’s not fair that only I have to do it.”

“Hyung, it’s because you’re at the age where you should be thinking about settling down with someone.”

“In the end, Sungyeol is still just calling Sunggyu hyung old.”

The two laughed and did a hi-five behind Sunggyu.

“Aish. Seriously, I think Hoya wants it to be with Tiffany-ssi though.” At the mention of the Girl’s Generation member, Hoya’s cheeks were dusted with a faint red. “Sungyeol, what about you? Who would you like?”

“Honestly, I don’t really know if I even want to be in this show.” He admitted, nodding to himself. The two others looked at him in disapproval.

“Ei, Sungyeol; we’re all being honest here. Seriously, who is it?” Sungyeol insisted it was nobody, laughing as he did so until Hoya interrupted them with a smirk.

“Oh. I know –” Hoya suddenly said, clapping his hands together. “Bachelorette’s Hyunyoung,”

“Ahh… oh right. Sungyeol the Hyunyoung fanboy,” This time, Sunggyu and Hoya laughed to themselves, musing on the flustered Sungyeol. Said boy stayed quiet, his cheeks already turning a shade of red in embarrassment.

MC 1: “Sungyeol likes Hyunyoung? Wouldn’t that be a problem?”
MC 2: “All the more interesting!”

Hoya stopped laughing and pointed towards the near distance. A young man was waving his arm frantically in the air, the other slung across a girl in a white dress’ shoulders. “Oh, isn’t that L? He has someone with him –”

As the two moved closer, they were able to recognize the girl and burst out laughing again. Sungyeol was yelling incoherent things as Hoya kept laughing and telling Sunggyu about how he was such a lucky guy. Sunggyu himself wasn’t ready to believe it at all.

“Hyung-ah, I brought hyungsunim along!”

“Yah, hyung. Switch with me. You never wanted to do this show anyway.” Sungyeol said, shaking Sunggyu’s shoulder jokingly. Sunggyu was still watching L and Bachelorette’s Park Hyunyoung approach them. He ignored Sungyeol’s whining and turned to the saner of the two, Hoya.

“Yah, yah… I’m awake, right? This is real, right?” he asked, a dumbfounded grin on his face. Hoya kept nodding, clapping his hands as he laughed to himself.


 

A/N:: LOL. A bit of a late update. OTL Episode 1 will be ending with part 5 next week. c: 

OTL This was supposed to be only four parts - but since part four was so long I decided to cut it a little bit. ; u ;