001 - Aug 2011

Did You Say SHINee? [Hiatus]

One morning in the year 2010, he told me to play a game. I decided to take in his idea and play along. He never told me the truth; he never even bothered explaining the reason to do so. I didn’t ask, because I know that he will tell me when the time is right. Will he? Yes, I’m sure he will. It has been more than three years now since I last left my hometown. I finally completed my further studies in Australia, and was now heading back to South Korea, in hoping to reconcile with him and spend the rest of my life in Seoul. I was both excited and nervous, excited because I’m finally returning home and seeing my special someone again, nervous because I realized that I have not seen nor contact Jinki for half a year. Yeah, happens, with both of us getting busier and busier, we stopped texting each other ever since then and time just unknowingly flew by in a blink.

“Jinki, I will be arriving at Incheon Airport tomorrow around 8am, can you pick me up?”

There was a moment of silence; I hear his deep breathings, before he finally spoke in a soft tone.

“Hey, remember the game I told you?”

He avoided my question.

“Yea, why?”

“I need you to take this seriously when you arrive Korea, can you do it?”

“Sure, Jinki.” As soon as I agreed to do so, I heard a light sigh from the other line of the phone.

“I miss you, EunMin.” “Me t-”

“But… I can’t pick you up tomorrow.”

My heart dropped, along with my smile slowly fading away. “Why?”

“It will be a total chaos if I go, I’m quite popular these days, just so you know.”

“Ah... Ok, I understand. I’m hanging up.”

Perks of dating an idol.

---

After a long flight from Australia back to South Korea, I got off the plane alone, feeling a sense of grogginess as I did not manage to get a good sleep on the plane. I fished out my cellphone from my pocket, texted Jinki that I had arrived and asked for the address of his workplace, in hopes that I could meet him. Fortunately, he said he was available currently at his company, resting in the practice room along with his fellow members and asked me to come right away to give them a surprise.

I took the taxi alone, a smile plastered across my face as I glance out the window. How I missed my hometown here. Three long years, I’m finally back to where I belong. I arrived at the company without any trouble, but was stopped by the guards patrolling around the company, asking for my ID card and stuffs. I panicked a little, handing him my identity card before the guards took it and examined for a while.

Lucky for me, it was a pass. Jinki must have informed them about my visit.

The smile on my face unknowingly grew bigger as I stepped in the company, fascinated by all the things I could find in there. It was then I noticed how large and spacey the building was, telling me that the company must be really rich to afford this building. I was so into the decorations and sculptures, which soon enough I accidentally bumped into someone and my things fell to the floor.

“Ah.. Sorry.”

I apologized immediately after picking up my stuffs, to which I then find out it was a guy. Based on his looks, it must be one of the idols.

“Annyeonghaseyo, you must be EunMin, am I right?”

He greeted me politely with a vibrant smile on his face. I bowed back quickly to his greeting, feeling a little shocked as to how he knew my name but I do not know his.

“You can call me Jung-soo, or even my stage name Leeteuk oppa. Jinki has asked me to you to the practice room in case you get lost in this building.” He said, never losing his smile while patting me lightly on my shoulder.

“Oh, okay. Annyeonghaseyo, Jung-soo oppa.” I nodded in return, feeling shy around a friend of Jinki, who was still a stranger to me.

We walked side by side each other, while he constantly threw me questions about the relationship between Jinki and I as we head towards the practice room. Keeping in mind about the game Jinki mentioned to me, I did not reveal much about our story and only answered briefly.

“Jinki, your special someone is here.”

Leeteuk called the guy standing outside a room, seemingly the so called practice room, the guy whom I longed for these whole three years. His back was still facing us when Leeteuk finished his sentence, and it looked like he didn’t hear it.

“Jinki.”

I called, slowly approaching him as he finally heard us, jumping in surprise as he turned around.

“EunMin-ah…” He smiled cheekily. “Thanks, hyung.”

He quickly bowed upon noticing Leeteuk behind me, to which Leeteuk bowed back and gave a chuckle.

“No problem, now, I’ll take my leave.”

He said, nodding at the both of us and turned to the other side of the path. Seeing him leave, I took a glance at the face I seemed to miss for a long time now and flash him a smile, a smile that is only for him. He mirrored back my action.

“I missed you, Jinki-ah.”

I throw myself into his arms like a little child, and he hugged back gently, rubbing my back and pushing my head closer to his chest.

“Me too, EunMin. Me too.”

There were moments of silence following after that, but we continued to hug without a word. A hug is already enough to express our feelings, our longingness for each other and to replace all the words we needed to say. Just a few seconds later, the door was opened, revealing another guy whom I had not seen for the past four years as well.

“EunMin noona?” He called, his jaw dropped as the both of us broke the hug and I giggled.

“Taeminnnie!” I answered, hurriedly moved to his side to give him a welcome hug.

The other members followed to the noise they heard outside the room, then joined the hug with excitement and happiness.

“Oh my god, why didn’t you tell us you’re coming!” Kibum asked.

“Jinki told me to give you guys a surprise.”

“Come on, let’s go for a nice breakfast down at the cafeteria!”

Minho suggested, his smile brighter than ever. The others agreed. However, Jonghyun did not spill a word upon my surprise visit, and I caught him eyeing Jinki weirdly.

“Jonghyun-ah, I miss you, our dino.”

I hurriedly went over to put an arm around his shoulder, greeting him warmly as if I had seen nothing. Only then, he smiled at me and swung his left arm to place it on my shoulder before all of us walked merrily towards the cafeteria.

----------------------------------------

That's all for the first chapter, thank you for reading and do leave a comment below. ^^