Chapter Nine - Tickling turns into Love?

Mischief and Love

"Taemin?"

I inhale through my nose and close my eyes. Damnit. I knew he'd wake up soon. "Hyung." I say softly, before turning around and walking back towards the bed, with a soft smile. "Go back to sleep, okay?"

Minho peers up from the blankets, his eyes dull. "Why?"

"You.. um, still might have a headace. We slept late and um.. yeah just go to sleep, okay?" I sigh, rubbing my hand on my face tiredly. "It's quite early anyway, you shouldn't even be awake."

"So why are you awake then?" He mutters, bringing his hands up to brush his hair away from his face.

I shrug lightly, nervousness slowly starting to build inside of me as I continue the act, completely innocent. "I couldn't sleep, that's all."

"I'm just going to go make myself some coffee, okay?" He mumbles, before sitting up straight, pushing the thick blankets off the bed. I watch as the blankets slide down his bed like a waterfall, before he scrambles off the bed and makes his way lazily and slowly towards the half-open door.

A gasp escapes my lips and before I know it, i'm rushing to the door in a swift movement. Minho raises his eyebrow as I stare, completely shocked at him as I block him from opening the door and going out into the living room.

We settle into an awkward silence, with me breathing heavily, until he speaks. "Taemin."

"Minho." I breathe.

"Taemin.." He squints his eyes, scanning my face with a suspicious and confused look.

"Minho." I squeak in a girly manner as he reaches out for the door knob. But with me there, he can't as I instantly scoot over to the door knob side, blocking the exit completely.

"Taemin." He mutters, crossing his arms against his chest in an impatient manner. "Why are you blocking the door? I want to go out."

"I-um, seriously I could just get the coffee for y-you!" I make up quickly and very nervously. "I-I mean, you don't-t need to g-"

"Taemin, i'm not a child now move over." He growls, placing his hands on my shoulders as he tries to move me aside.

For the very first time in my life and probably the last, I say a straight out "No."

"What?" 

"I said no!" I snap, taking one hand from the door knob nervously and placing it over the hand he has on my shoulder. With a blank expression, I pull his hand off. 

Minho's lips part. "Taemin what the hell is wrong with you? Let me just go out! You're being so annoying!"

"And so are you!" I shoot right back, my eyes pretty much burning holes through his head. "When I want to do something for you, let me, okay?"

That's it, looks like i've reached his anger limit.

"Oh my god, Taemin!" He snaps, taking a step closer and towering angrily over me, making me seem much like a mouse; a scared mouse to be exact. "When I say something, I ing mean it!" He yells, before pushing out his hands and shoving me to the side, all my confidence pretty much vanishing in thin air.

With an angry motion, he opens the door knob and goes out into the living room.

There goes every speck of love he had for me.

There goes my own life.

I'm dead.

Tears well in my eyes as I touch my arm, where he had shoved me. 

Never in history has Minho even pushed me like that and it hurt to know that that just happened. He shoved me. He did. He didn't care. 

I bite my lip as my throat dries up, knowing what's about to come next.

Why am I so ing stupid?!

I can hear voices in the living room and before I know it, Minho's back in the bedroom. 

This time, it wasn't a simple blank expression. He was outraged. "Taemin!" He snaps, coming over to me, making me effortlessly backing up against the wall. "Why the  didn't you tell me Yuri was out there?"

I'm basically speechless.

"And why the didn't you tell me she was crying because of me?!" He yells, practically fuming with rage.. all because of me. "Do you want us to break up or something, you ?!"

A tear leaks out of my eye.

"N-no!" I whisper, my head shaking quickly on it's own. "I don't want you to break up." I lie.

"So why the hell, didn't you let me go out?!" He snaps again, his eyes shooting daggers at me violently.

Because you'd be with her the entire day, I want to say desperately. "I-I'm sorry! I-I thought you were tired!" I make up quickly, raising my arms to protect myself. "I'm sorry hyung, i'm sorry okay! Please! Please don't hit me!" I shield myself as more tears slowly roll down my cheeks.

I've got that pain again; where it basically feels like my heart is crumbling into a million pieces. Not only does it emotionally hurt, it physically hurts somehow.

"T-taemin!" He sighs, bringing my arms down from my face. "Why on.. why on earth would you think i'd hit you?"

I blink my watery eyes. "I-I made a mistake." I whisper shakily, placing my hands nervously on his chest.

"But i'd never hit you, okay?" He mutters. "It makes me angry for you to think i'd even go close to doing that."

With that, he walks out of the room, back to Yuri.

*~*~*~*

The entire day, i've been like a snail. Slowly walking around for nothing, hiding under my shell everytime somebody comes to talk to me. I didn't want to talk to Key, Jonghyun nor Onew. Not even Kai, Kyuhyun or the SNSD ladies. I didn't even want to talk to relatives, managers, basically anybody. I wanted to solve my problems myself, because I am the source of all these problems.

Really, I never knew love was so complicated.

It hurts, really bad being one-sided on loving somebody. Really, really badly. 

If only Minho knew the pain I had burried beneath me, i'm sure he'd at least aknowledge me or whatever. 

Sigh..

It's a little late at night and i'm back in the kitchen, my hands on the counter as I stare out at the window. 

The others are alseep but I can hear the front door opening.

Minho's back, I mutter in my head.

Even though a part of me wants to instantly turn around and go back to my room, locking myself up to never speak to Minho again, I want to apologize once again for my stupid acts.

So I wait.

It takes a while for him to come, but he finally does and sighs when he sees me. But I make no time to think through it and instantly turn around, running up to him and wrapping my arms around him. It's a quite similar event to yesterday, but this time, he's sober.

"Taemin." He chuckles, returning the embrace by wrapping his own arms around me. 

"Minho, i'm-"

"Don't apologize." He says softly, before backing me up against the counter with a playful look, which makes me smile softly. "If you apologize one more time, i'm going to attack you."

I smirk slinging my arms around his neck. 

If somebody had seen us from distance, we'd look like one damn flirty couple right here.

"How?" I raise an eyebrow.

He chuckles. "I'd tickle you like there's no tomorrow."

I gasp, widening my eyes into an act. "Hyung, you know I hate it when people tickle me."

"So don't apologize, again." He replies smugly.

"I'm sorry."

Funny, because right after that, I didn't know what happened.

I'm suddenly running away from Minho, laughter escaping my lips as he rushes after me, an evil and shocked look on his perfect face. But then I can remember, not being fast enough (I mean come on, he's a bloody athlete!) and i'm suddenly on the sofa, with him on top of me.

"Hyung, stop!" I manage to choke out between fits of massive laughter, my hands going out to wherever his hands go.

He laughs along, tickling my sides endlessly. "That's what you get when you don't listen."

"Okay, i'll listen from now on!" I chuckle, tears leaking out of my eyes as he stops.

Suddenly, i'm sitting up straight. We're both looking into eachothers eyes and I wonder why he's doing so. 

Instead of mumbling colorful words under his breath and walking away, he suddenly, does the unexpected.

He kisses me.

 

CLIFFHANGER. MUAHAHAHAHAHA.