Chapter Twenty Six - Cold

Mischief and Love

Luckily, Eunhyuk had managed to save the day before Donghae could go on rambling all about the (probably) crazy stories of their relationship and I was relieved, and also quite surprised. How can such a dumb guy be smart at the same time?

Somewhere between the protests and whining, the TV had gotten again and Eunhyuk was searching for food in their mini fridge. It was just Donghae and I and the envious feeling swayed inside me again. Their relationship was just so perfect-- not in that awfully cliche way with butterfly kisses and flowers everyday, but with smiles and hearts that trusted eachother with every speck of their love. They had a strange relationship, one where you could communicate without words-- just touches and emotions was enough. I guess it just dragged off from how long they had known eachother.

Minho and I knew eachother for a while aswell. When he was shy and quiet on the first few days our group had formed, I was the one who actually became close to him. He was someone who was difficult to understand, yet easy to hang out with. He didn't portray his emotions well and that led to a lot of accusations and arguments. But I guess that's how we got closer.

I don't know what we are, now. Are we still friends? But friends can't keep on a good friendship with lingering feels left behind, right?

I was so lost in my scattering thoughts that I didn't realize Donghae was staring at me, a playful smile on his lips and eyes warm and welcoming. "So.. I assume today was a bad day, hm?"

"A bad day is an understatement." I mutter, blinking my sore eyes a few times. I was a mess. I'm pretty sure I looked pretty homeless right now, judging from the fashionable bags under my wet red eyes, slightly pale lips and messed up hair that could be mistaken for a birds nest. It was surprising how I managed to look like this in such a short period of time. But I guess love does many wonders. 

Donghae's smile falters slightly. "M..Minho, right?"

I blink in surprise. "H-how..?"

"I would tell you, but.. I don't think it's in my place to do so and I don't want to accidentally ruin things." He laughs, but it's a little sadly. He was pitying me. I was all too used to that and sighed, looking away.

"Hae, you finished all the original-flavored chips, you fatty!"

Donghae gasps, offended, shooting a glare at Eunhyuk who was still rummaging through the fridge, noisily. "We shared them, you liar!"

"Okay, we shared at least like three," Eunhyuk is scoffing now, "but there was like two packets we didn't open!"

A deep blush fills Donghae's cheeks. "I was hungry, okay,"

"Fatty." Comes the reply.

Donghae rolls his eyes, his attention diverting to me when I began to stand up again. "I.. I should get going." I explain quietly, not wanting to disturb them any longer. Donghae doesn't ask me to stay, but he sends me a knowing smile with his warm eyes and says his goodbye with Eunhyuk who was waving.

*~*~*~*

I honestly didn't know where else to go. Eunhyuk and Donghae were literally the only two people I felt comfortable around anymore. Jonghyun, Key and Minho were outraged with me, and Onew.. was just Onew. But I didn't want to go and bother him. I know he felt extremely upset with how SHINee was completely teared apart, and ranting out my frustrations on him wasn't going to make him feel any better either. Even though he smiled at me and told me he was always there for me-- he didn't want to be involved in the mess I had created.

So I decided to take a walk on the beach. I had no fear in meeting anyone anymore. What was going to get worse?

It would've been calming if this was any other day. With the crashing waves softly in the background, and the faint noise of talking and music in the background from a nearby party, it gave me a relaxing sensation, something I really needed. Sure, my thoughts were still buzzing gloomily around my mind but it was nice to just let everything go once in a while.

Let.. everything go.

Yeah. Let everything go.

I swallow the forming lump in my throat and stop in my tracks. Like I said earlier, what could get worse? Nothing.

That's probably why i'm running towards the shore.

I flinch when I feel the water touch my feet. With a swift motion, I remove my slippers and toss them carelessly aside, walking deeper into the water. It was awfully windy for a calm night, and my hair flew around my face disastrously. The waves lapped against my legs and the same relaxing feeling settled over me. Before I knew it, I was walking deeper into the water, not caring that my trunks were getting soaked.

I find myself doing something stupid. With every person I had hurt, I take two steps foward.

Kai.

I could feel the water touch my stomach and I cringe at the cold, uncomfortable feeling.

Kyungsoo.

Two more steps. I let out a shaky breath.

Yuri.

I find myself laughing humouressly when the waves get stronger and more fierce. They crash against me and some of the water gets into my eyes. I pathetically rub my eye. It stings, so I squeeze my eyes shut.

Jonghyun.

Why don't I feel any fear?

Key.

Oh, maybe it's because I ed everything up and there's nothing to be afraid of anymore. I feel the water seep through the top of my shirt. It doesn't faze me.

Onew.

I can also feel my feet pad through the soft sand below. My body turns colder with each wave slamming against me. A strong, particular wave almost knocks me off my feet, and makes me takes a few unsettling steps back. And just for that, I take five more steps foward. It's only fair, right?

Minho.

Due to my eyes squeezed shut, I can't see anything. But I can definitely feel the powerful, enduring wave roughly slam into me, this time making my balance waver and my feet slip from under the sand. I can't feel the cool wind slapping my face anymore, just the frigid cool water as my head plunges inside.

Minho.

My eyes snap open in fear, only to be closed again when they start to burn. Frantically, I try to swim upwards, try to grab on to anything, anyone, but there's nothing but the fierce waves surrounding me, making me gasp and have water sink into my throat. I can't even feel the sand below my feet anymore. It feels like the water is endless. I'm kicking my legs desperately and trying to push myself up, but I just can't.

Minho.

I feel my body weaken, and when I open my eyes again, all I see are black spots covering my vision. My whole body feels numb and the only noise I can hear anymore is my heart slamming painfully against my chest.

Minho..

Minho..

I don't want to die.

All I remember is one single name and everything going black.

*~*~*~*~*

a/n: well.. nothing to say here..

/silently walks into the shadows