Chapter Twenty Five - Assumptions

Mischief and Love

"So I guess it's safe to say that we're both dealing with ?" Key's voice is plain and pretty observing. 

I don't know why i'm suddenly irritated at the simple sound of his voice. Maybe it's because I had always been pitying him all along, when in fact Jonghyun had it worse or maybe it's because i've gone through too much to even bother talking to anyone right now. 

Nonetheless, I stay silent, hoping he would leave. I missed the silence. Honestly, it was like silence was my only best friend anymore. I had the space to think and sort things right in my brain, while in reality everything was a jumbled up mess. Key wasn't helping either.

"It's always," Key begins, voice flat and tired. "The good guys that get hurt. Like us."

I felt my blood boiling slowly. Every single word that spewed from his lips irritated me further. 

"You know, we deserve more." He's continuing, and I have to resist the urge to leave and slam the door in his face. "Better people. Better love lives. Actually, better everyth--"

"No we don't." I couldn't help but mumble. I was even surprised my voice wasn't wavering with anger. I was trying to keep calm and not yell at him-- lose another friend.

There's a scoff and the proceeding noise of pages flipping. He was still going through that stupid fashion magazine he would mock and laugh at their outrageous outfits that weren't even supposed to be called 'fashion'. It seemed like every action of his ticked me off further, and I bit my lip to hold back a small frustrated groan. "What do you mean? We've both been ditched by two insane s and had our hearts broken. We definitely deserve better."

My eyes fly open. It's hard to continue listening and not throw an object against the wall, hard. "No we don't." I don't care if the irritation is in my voice, I don't care about anything at this point. I sit up straight, and look at him in his blank eyes that soon fill with silent surprise-- probably at the look of annoyance on my face. "We don't." I repeat, voice low.

"What is wrong with you?" There's another scoff, and he's rolling his eyes again before flipping through the magazine again. "Do you want to continuously live in this gloomy life forever?"

"It's only gloomy because we made it." I snap, and i'm even surprising myself. Sure, I had gotten angry with Key many times in the past, but most were childish fights over him complaining that i'm too messy or that I laugh too loud with Minho. They never mattered, of course. They were simple arguments ("I can't help it that Minho's eyes are large." or "I can't be bothered organizing my stuff, ugh,") and they would slide on further. 

But this was something different, and both Key and I knew that by the uncomfortable, stiff presence in the now-stuffy hotel room. "Gloomy because we made it?" His voice is unreadable, but I know he's definitely confused. It irks me when he does yet another scoff and proceeds to go through the magazine again. "I have no idea what you're s--"

"Have you ever thought, maybe, you're not the only one with a broken heart?" I begin, my eyes narrowing a little.

He doesn't look up from his magazine. "Of course, you have one too." His tone is blank.

"No, Jonghyun has it too." I watch as his hands freeze mid-way in turning a page. "You always think that you're the only one weeping and moping in your relationship, but what about Jonghyun? You think he doesn't care what happened?" Key, you're not the only one who's been affected by what happened."

"Honestly, Taemin, stop talking now." He sounds a little annoyed now.

"I'm not." I snap, loudly, silencing his coming protest. "Jonghyun loves you. I don't know whether it's in a friendly way or something more, but keep that in mind. He still has you in his heart everyday and all he wishes is to be on good-terms on you!"

"Well," He's snapping loudly too now. "It would've been okay if he was apologizing to me."

"Oh my ing god," I groan frustratedly, resisting the urge to rip my own hair out. "He has! This whole ing time, he has been trying to apologize! You're the one insulting him, snapping at him and pushing him away each time! We all know he's not somebody to apologize easily, Key. Haven't you been noticing the simple actions he does? That's his way at apologizing."

Key's face is flushed and furious. "Well it would've been easier if he just said sorry straight to my face then!"

I stand up, eyes blazing. "Not everything can be perfect, Key! You can't expect him to get down on his knees and say sorry!" I'm yelling so loud that he almost flinches, but he's glaring back at me. "Stop being such a ing drama-queen and do something about it!" I almost regret what I said by his shocked expression, but his next sentence takes all my previous thoughts away.

"You're saying all this about Jonghyun and I, it's not like you and Minho are being all perfect, either!" He screams back at me, eyes wet and furious. Heck, by this point I think i'm almost crying too.

"Well," My emotions are confirmed when my voice trembles slightly. "Watch me make it all perfect then." My voice is breathy at the end, and I don't think he even understood what I said, but i'm already storming away, feeling my heart crack when I hear him cry quietly.

*~*~*~*

Of course, just when I have puffy red, wet eyes and trembling lips and pretty much in a terrible state, I bump into Minho.

I know it's wrong of me to think this way, that maybe he'll feel apologetic and welcome me into his arms again-- but I can't help but whimper softly when our eyes lock. My heart clenches painfully when I see that his expression is unreadable.

He opens his mouth to say something and closes it again. I hesitantly reach out to his brush my fingers against his cheek.

Even though it's just a few seconds, I feel at peace. Just being in the presence of him relaxes my heart, even with all the troubles and painful background around me. 

I feel all the hope I had left crush when his eyes fly open, eyes still unreadable as he then pushes past me, body stiff. It makes me stumble a bit, and I don't even turn around because I can already hear his footsteps fading into the distance.

All the determination I had just a few minutes ago from the fight Key and I had-- vanished. And of course, I find myself crying even harder against the hallway wall.

*~*~*~*

 

"--kill it, it's so big, oh my god!" 

"Donghae, chill, it's just a-- OH MY GOD IT'S FLYING, HOLY --"

"KILL IT, HYUKJAE, KILL IT, OH MY F--"

"OKAY, WAIT-- wait-- I think I-- hold on-- I think I got it--"

"--I think you d-did too--"

"OH MY F--"

"GET ME THE OUT OF HERE!"

I watch in complete shock as the door bursts open and Donghae and Eunhyuk stumble out in a tangled mess, faces flushed and eyes wide with fear. "You idiot!" I then proceed to watch as Donghae removes his slipper and hits Eunhyuk on the head with it, shrieking, "You gave me a heart attack there!"

Eunhyuk flinches with each smack. "Ow--ow, okay, stop, i'm sorry--"

I can't believe they hadn't even noticed me here, right outside their hotel room. 

"It was like," Donghae is now doing insane hand gestures, eyes still wide. "It even flew, did you see that?"

"Oh my god, I know right," Eunhyuk breathes, almost looking amazed. "It was like--" cue the obnoxious sound effects from his lips.

"Eww, you're spitting on me, stop it, Jesus-- OH MY F--" When Donghae's eyes lock with mine, I watch in fear as he suddenly goes pale, trembling hand pointing at me.

"Hae?" Eunhyuk looks extremely concerned because his boyfriend really looks like a vampire right now. "Hae?" He then follows Donghae's line of sight, and when our eyes lock, he lets out a very unmanly shriek. "THE IS THAT, OH MY GOD, IS THAT A GHOST?"

"I THINK IT IS, OH MY GOD--"

By now I would've stepped creepily out of the shadows, just to calm them down, but my mood was really ty and this couple was very amusing. I decided to continue being in the darkness. I even raised my hands, watched as they flinched, and did creepy -grabbing hand gestures.

Eunhyuk, even with the fright, cracked up, gummy smile showing and all. "Look, look-- I think it's a funny ghost."

"Hyuk, the ghost kinda looks like.. Taemin?" Donghae's eyebrows are furrowing and i'm almost disappointed they found out already.

Eunhyuk takes a closer peek, eyes squinted. "Oh my god, yeah it does--"

I almost make a move to step out of the shadows when Donghae speaks again. "Oh my god," He whispers, voice shaking. "Do you think Taemin is dead?"

Nevermind.

"Holy , you may be right--"

"Guys." I step out of the shadows.

Cue the very unmanly screaming for literally seven seconds. All I do is watch with blank eyes as they scream their lungs off, arms grabbing eachother.

Then they calm down, realize what just happened, and then burst out into laughter. For literally seventeen seconds. I watch this with blank eyes too. I'm almost envious of their stupid relationship.

"That was a good one, Tae," Eunhyuk grins, now cheery as he and Donghae approach me, still amused. "Good one, good one." He pats my back, Donghae grinning brightly.

*~*~*~*

And that, my friends, is how I find myself squished between them, on their bed and watching some cheesy, cliche romance show on the TV. "That girl is really bad at acting." Eunhyuk literally voices out every thought of his, and i'm surprised Donghae doesn't punch him in the face for how annoying that is. "Like-- oh my god, look at her crying, it's like she has tears coming out of her eyes but she's got a poker face on, the .."

I don't even know how I managed to be in this position. Everything had just happened so fast. Donghae had seen my messed up state and invited me over and I thought, what could be the harm in that, right? Well I was wrong, very wrong. 

Besides me, Eunhyuk was being a chatterbox I really wanted to ship to China right now, and on the other side, Donghae was sniffling and feeling pity for literally every character on the screen. 

And it makes me wonder,

How on Earth do these two stick together like this?

I don't even realize I voiced my thought out loud when Donghae suddenly takes a deep breath, turns the TV off and gazes intensely at me.

"Well, it all started when--"

I got myself into deep .

a/n: yay. some humor! SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATE /bangs my head on the table. hope you enjoy this though <3 eunhae is the best, yo.