Chapter Sixteen - Too Far

Mischief and Love

Key was oddly suspicious at how close Minho and I were in the pool. He raised his eyebrow at every action we did that included touching, and his eyes widened when my hands were placed on his chest, as he teasingly backed me up against the swimming pool wall. It felt so awkward, being watched like this, but I wanted to show proof to Key, that maybe the plan was working after all. We hadn't even done much, yet it seems like Minho is suddenly much closer to me, but in two different ways. One, we're the casual best friends as usual and two, our makeout sessions aren't normal.

"You do know that Key is at the corner of the pool, watching our every move, right," I mumble quietly, as he contiounsly walks foward, making me take light steps back. We were edging closer and closer to the wall, to my excitement. 

Minho smirks slyly. "I know. Does he know.. about.."

"No." I lie.

Minho simply nods, suddenly seeming quite relieved. I felt guilty lying to him, obviously, but if Minho knew that all three of them knew, he'd probably have a freak out and would be awkward to ever touch me again, knowing i'd tell the others. It felt bad doing this to him, but this was my only option if I wanted the plan to reach success.

I can finally feel my back hit the wall gently, and I giggle quietly as Minho places his hands on my small waist. "Aishh," I mumble, with another girly giggle. "You don't expect us to make out right here, right? In public?"

"Of course I do." He smirks again. "Why? Are-"

"Taemin! Taemin!"

I wanted to mentally groan, and maybe even slap the living life out of the caller. This moment was just getting good. Why.. why is there ers everywhere?!

But when I look up, to meet a mop of messy black hair and a childish grin, I laugh lightly, pushing Minho away instantly and swimming towards Kai. I didn't expect him to be here, really. I mean yeah, Yuri said there'd be a lot of people coming, including his group, but I didn't expect to meet him here, at the swimming pool, in front of Minho.

I feel hesitant, to do the next step right here. Now that i've become so much closer to Minho, making him jealous and annoyed would probably annoy me, too. But it would be fun.. to see his jealousy strike up, and plus, the way Key was swimming towards me with all his might, was obvious that he agreed with me. 

"Kai!" I grin widely, kicking my feet in the water a little too much. "I didn't expect to see you here! Oh i'm so glad you came though! Everything is going to be so much more fun~"

I could hear Key snicker behind me, probably from Minho. But I didn't want to turn around; that would make it obvious that I wanted him to be jealous. 

Kai smirks, giving me a look which had 'i-know-what-you're-up-to' all over it. I smirk in reply, and he simply laughs quietly before saying, "I'm glad I came too, Taeminnie. I've missed you too much."

And again, I wanted to turn around, just to see Minho's reaction. It was irritating to stay in this position and continue to flirt with Kai, without even taking a glimpse of the frog-eyed boy behind me, hopefully fuming. 

"Me too! Quick, I have so much to talk to you about! Help me get up, Kai." 

His smirk widens slightly, before he bends down and reaches out a hand to help me get out of the swimming pool. With a loud giggle, I place my hand in his and let him pull me up, before I do a slight push. In no time, i'm standing up from my seated position on the floor and shaking my wet hair and body, getting the water droplets off.

I look at Key, "Umma, i'll be back, okay?"

"Of course. You and Kai always talk so much, it wont be a surprise if you don't come back by tomorrow. Or never." He adds in, to my amusement.

I stiffle an evil laugh and turn back to Minho, who had the expression of a wall. And that, was good. When Minho showed no emotion; it was often because he didn't want people to see how he felt at the moment. It was just how he was. So seeing him, with a blank look, made my evilness rise higher and higher.

"Hyung, i'll be back, okay? I have so much to talk about with Kai to, you know?" I smile sweetly. He does nothing but a small nod, before looking away and swimming to the other side of the wall. I shoot a grin at Key and Kai, before letting the younger lead me to god knows where.

 

*~*~*~*

"Oh my god, did you see his face, Taemin?" Kai bursts out into laughter as soon as we're a distance away from the pool. He claps his hands as I begin to laugh with him, both our laughter filling up lobby room as we enter the building. "He really looked like he was going to k-kill me!" He squeaks, followed by another loud laugh.

"I didn't see his reaction before though!" I pout, knudging his shoulder. "What did he do?"

"When you swam away from him when you saw him, his jaw dropped and he looked hurt, though." He mumbles in a low tone. "That's the only thing I felt sorry for him, you know? He's always been so arrogant and annoying..-"

"Aishh," I whine, giving a knudge to his side, making him yelp. "Why do you dislike him so much? On the phone when I asked you to do the plan, you didn't want to hurt him. Now you're saying crap about him!"

Kai looks down at the floor. "Taemin.." He says, before a small silence. "Why.. why do you love Minho so much? What's so special about him?"

As soon as the question slipped from his lips, I stared at him, completely in shock. Why on earth would he ask a question? Couldn't he see for himself? Minho was the definition of perfect, yet, yet.. he dares to ask such a question. "What's so special about him?" I scoff at the retarded question, rolling my eyes as I take a step ahead of him. It was crazy how defensive I got whenever Minho was the subject. "Why would you ask such a question, Kai?!"

"It's just.. I don't see anything about him that's so amazing!" Kai suddenly yells, with slight anger. "Sure Taemin, he's good looking, he has a great voice, he's charming, charamastic, etc, etc. That's just the outside of him! What about the inside?! Are you only falling for the outside of Minho? Not knowing the truth?"

"The only truth is," I begin, narrowing my eyes at him as we stomp down the hallway. "Is that he's perfect, okay? Face the reality, Kai! He's sweet, he's caring, he's kind! I know this because i've been here with him much longer than you have. So don't make assumptions, just because you judge him to be arrogant."

Kai scoffs. "So don't come running back to me when he breaks your heart."

I freeze.

Instantly turning around, I step right up to him, my eyes shooting daggers at him. I grab his collar roughly, even though we were pretty much the same size, and height. This made no difference, but I could see that shock and slight fear were in his eyes. "Whats. Your. Problem?"

He swallows thickly. 

"When I say Minho is perfect, I mean it." I mutter, with a harsh tone. "If you can't see that, I don't understand what's wrong with you, Kai."

"I'm sorry."

My eyes soften; finally realizing that I shouldn't be this over-protective over Minho. I should let people think whatever the hell they want, because at least I, myself know the truth. I let go off his collar and sigh heavily. "Kai, I should be the one apologizing. I'm asking so much help from you, yet I.. I do this to you. I'm so selfish, really. If you want, you don't have to help me any-"

"No, it's fine." He says, with a slight edge to his voice that I couldn't put my finger on. "I'll help. I was being childish, asking a question like that when you're obviously wrapped around Minho's finger like a-"

I shoot him a look, and his words trail off.

"I mean, I shouldn't of have asked a question like that when you're obviously in love with Minho."

I nod. That was much better. "Okay, enough with our arguement, lets go back okay?"

A smile cracks onto his lips, to my relief. "Okay."

*~*~*~*

Minho and Key finally arrive to the room right as Kai and I's conversation about life stopped. It was true though, Kai and I did talk a lot. It was interesting to talk to him, and quite easy too; so I felt guilty for doing such a thing to him at the hallway. I tried to forget the way I had grabbed his collar, and the way his eyes flashed fear, but it just wouldn't wash off my mind so easily. 

We watch as Minho and Key enter the room, towels over the shoulders. Key as always, was wearing shades inside the room, and a sly smirk creeped onto his lips as he saw the sight of Kai and I, chatting like school girls on the bed.

Minho on the other hand, had the same blank look. He acted like didn't even notice me, and continued to ruffle his wet hair, looking out the window.

"Well," Kai coughs loudly. "I should be going back. Luhan and the others might be wondering where I went, you know?"

I nod, and climb off the bed with him. I walk him to the door, and just like that; I could feel Minho's eyes burning through the back of my head. It seemed like Kai noticed this too, so he did the most shocking thing that I probably will never ever forget. He kisses my cheek.

"See you tomorrow, Taemin." He says, before strolling off like nothing happened.

And when I turn around, Minho and both Key have their jaws on the floor, along with mine.

Okay.. maybe that just went a little too far?