Chapter Eleven - Rockeeteer

Mischief and Love

 

Key's POV. (read the note at the bottom of the story if you're confused.)
 
 
He gazed into my eyes as we laid in silence; complete and utter silence. 
 
I could practically hear my own heart beat as his face inched closer and closer to mine, closing the steady gap between us; only to feel his soft, heaven-like lips against mine.
 
Of course, the first thing I do is probably mentally scream. Just scream, right into his face. All my anger, all my confusion, all my happiness and most of all; all my feelings for him. But since he can't hear it, I decide to pour it all down on the kiss, like an ice cream melting.
 
But this time, it's my feelings dripping from the kiss.
 
His breath hitches as he can feel my own lips move against his and it's like somebody slapped him across the face. 
 
Because he pulls back from the kiss, his eyes large and his lips wide apart. His cheeks flushed a cherry red; his breathing uneven.
 
I swallow, simply staring back at him. I'm too speechless, my heart throbbing with intense pain at the way he pulled back.. just as I kissed him back. "W-why did you do that?" He murmurs, looking down at the concrete below us, with eyes full of worry and confusion. "Kiss me back? Why?"
 
"I want to ask you the same thing." I croak, trying to calm my heart beat. Because I felt like I could faint and just break down right then and there. 
 
If.. if he kisses me back? Does that mean he likes me back? That all these years.. i've been wasting my time hiding under my shell?
 
"I kissed you out of curiousity."
 
Stabbed in the heart, just like that.
 
I try to fight back the intense tears slowly pricking my eyes as we lay in the same, eerie silence. That hurt. That hurt like a . Out of curiousity? Pure, curiosity? I swallow. My teeth slowly nibble on my lower lip, as those dripping words slowly climb up my throat.
 
Don't.. don't.. don'-"
 
This is the ing end of the world, my inner voice snaps, before my word vomit just spews itself at Jonghyun.
 
"I love you."
 
His breathe hitches.
 
I expect, I expect a love you back, thank you. Or maybe just a hug. A kiss on the cheek or lips would be extra nice. Oh. Oh, you don't want to do that?
 
Fine.
 
I watch as he gives me one hard glare, before spinning on his heel and slowly walking away, my presence probably too much for him.
 
That's it. I've ruined everything. Every, little bit of our friendship. The memories? They're shattered. Our laughter? They're sobbing now. The glances we had at eachother? They're turning into glares.
 
As his figure turns into a dark, silhouette, I can't help but a notice a cold tear slowly trickling down my cheek. 
 
I've been rejected.
 
It hurts.
 
*~*~*~*
"No, don't leave me!" The woman on the drama cries loudly, her hand shooting out to grab the hand of the lover, who was currently walking away.
 
I blink, my throat suddenly becoming very dry. Should I have done that? Stopped him from walking away?
 
He'd just reject you, again, my voice says once again. 
 
I swallow. True. He would.
 
"She should've ran after him." Onew mumbles, taking another bite out of a chicken drumstick, his cheeks all puffed out with chicken. 
 
Taemin, who was currently nested between Minho's legs frowns. "True.."
 
"You guys.." Minho sighs, rolling his eyes. "She's too heartbroken to run after him. She's been rejected, so she knows she'll be more depressed to be rejected twice."
 
Onew swallows his food. "But maybe that guy had mutual feelings. But-"
 
"Shhh." Taemin holds his finger up, his eyebrows knitted as he concentrates on the drama, a look of pure worry.
 
"Hyori, I must leave you." The man mumbles, his back turned to the sobbing girl. "We can not be. We are not the same, please understand that."
 
"But we can make it work!" She cries, more tears trickling down her cheeks. "Please, stay with me! I'll be by your side, forever!"
 
"Hyori.." He whispers, closing his eyes. "Please don't lie."
 
The woman freezes.
 
Well, all five of us on the sofa's freeze aswell, my eyes widening to the size of Minho's average ones.
 
"W-what?" She whispers, her voice shaky as her hands begin to tremble.
 
The man opens his eyes. "You have never loved me. Please, just because of a kiss, don't lie."
 
"Please, believe me! I have always loved you! I was too shy and nervous to tell you all those times. Please, love me back! I am not lying!" She continues to scream, her eyes becoming red, along with her puffy, wet red cheeks.
 
The man stays silent,
before walking away.
 
Taemin sniffles. "T-that was sad."
 
Instead of chuckling, Minho nods, his eyes slightly watery. "Why didn't he believe her? He's so stupid.."
 
"That stupid woman!" Onew mumbles, his voice shaky. Just by the poor, agitated tone of his, we can tell he's also been deeply affected by the drama. "She should've proved it to her!"
 
"Exactly. Why would the man ever believe her if she did not prove it?" Jonghyun mutters, quite loudly to my attention.
 
I bite my lip. 
 
Should.. should I also prove it to him? Is that what he wants?
 
But why wont he believe me?
 
"I'm going out." I murmur quietly, before lazily standing up from the sofa and leaving the living room.
 
"Where?" Taemin shouts out from the living room. "Want us to come?"
 
"I don't know, i'm just going to walk around!" I yell back. "I want to be alone!"
 
After throwing a jacket on, grabbing my wallet, my phone and a can of soda, I head out, my mind only concentrated on one person; Jonghyun.
 
There's so many thoughts buzzing around my mind, I don't know what to do next.
 
I finally understand how much pain Taemin has to go through; every ing day of his life. While he miserably cries in a corner, his lover is off with some y girl who doesn't give a about him.
 
Yet, does Taemin give up?
 
No. Even through all the pain, he just gets right back up and tries to fix the current, ugly situation he is in.
 
He's so young.. but so smart and determined for Minho's love.
 
"Jonghyun.." I whisper in the air.
 
"Yeah?"
 
"What the ing ?!" I scream at the sudden arrival of his voice, almost jumping in my ing skin. My heart pounds as I gain my composure, staring widly at Jonghyun, who's sheepishly (and very foolishly I may add) standing near me, a simple, tiny smile on his lips. "What the are you doing here?! Oh my god you scared me so ing much!"
 
He chuckles awkwardly. "I also wanted to come out. You were daydreaming half of the time soo.."
 
Instead of laughing at his awkwardness and simply teasing him, I throw a rock hard glare at him. "Go away."
 
"Wha?"
 
"Go away!" I mutter. "I said I wanted to be alone, you piece of-"
 
"Calm down!" He shouts nervously, his eyes flickering here and there. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"
 
"I have to ask you the same thing!" I scream, shoving his chest with one hand, a look of pure outrage etched on my angry face. "Just leave me the alone! I want to be alone! What part of that don't you understand?!"
 
"Everything!" He snaps, making me mentally go 'woah'. "You've been.." He trails off. "Distant to everybody."
 
"Oh and why do you ing care?" I mumble, feeling my throat becoming dry, once again. This only means one thing; tears are about to visit. But I have to hold them in. I can't cry in front of this , no way in hell.
 
"Because.. you're my friend!"
 
Ouch, that hurt.
 
Friend..
 
That's all I am.
 
"I want to be alone." I repeat, trying to block the tears as I storm off.
 
(A/N): Alright I updated so quickly because this chapter does not have 2min in it, but simply JongKey. As you can tell from the other chapter, has happened between the two so I decided i'd do a Key POV, to show you guys the problems he's dealing with and everything. I'm sorry if you don't ship Jongkey, I just thought it would be better to display this chapter because I didn't want Key randomly announcing to the world that he's marrying Jonghyun out of nowhere. XD. So this is obviously a side of Jongkey, trust me, there WILL be 2min. Key needs love in this story tooo~
 
Oh and a little question: who is your bias in SHINee?