Chapter 4 - Missing!

Monkey Love Fishy

D POV

             We stumbled into the sitting room and gasped for breath. Around us were the other members and they looked at us curiously. “Paparazzi,” I choked out.

            Leeteuk-hyung’s face hardened and he sighed. “Tomorrow we have to brace ourselves for a media field day. Remember, we only nod and deny everything. Did they catch the others?”

            “No. Kyu and Hyuk left and so did the others,” I replied.

            “WHAT?” Leeteuk jumped to his feet. “When did Hyuk Jae leave?”

            “He left twenty minutes before the media arrived, why?”

            “He’s not here! We thought he was with you! Did he tell you where he was going? We have a performance in six hours!” Leeteuk began to pace around the room, calling desperately on his iPhone. He put it on speaker and we all heard, “Hello?” “Eunhyuk!” Leeteuk screamed. But then we heard, “HAHAHAHAHA, you all fell for it! I’m unavailable at the moment, so leave a message. Saranghaeyeo! Keke~” BEEP.

            We all groaned. That stupid message of his. Leeteuk stood in the middle of the room and called order. “Okay, Donghae, I want you to stay here with Jessica, and Ryeowookie, you stay too. Yesung, go with Sungmin and search for Eunhyuk in all the shops. Siwon, I want you to go with Heechul and Kyu and search all transportation outlets. I will go with Kangin and search the rest of Seoul.” He slipped on his jacket and left without a word.

            The others filed out and I groaned in frustration. Where was that Monkey? Jessica looked at me with concern and Ryeowook was constantly calling him. Hours passed and nothing happened. Yesung-hyung and Sungmin came in empty-handed. We continued to look up hopefully as the others came back. But, still no Eunhyuk. Jessica left and Ryeowook and I depleted our batteries texting and calling him.

            We looked at one another, our eyes dark with concern. It wasn’t like Eunhyuk to forget a performance. What were we supposed to do? If we went, our manager would know he’s mssing, if we didn’t go… well that would be bad.

            Leeteuk sighed wearily and motioned for us to follow him to the van. During the performance, I kept my eyes out hoping to catch the Monkey running in. But all we saw was the sea of Sapphire Blue. When we had a break, Jessica came up to me but I shook her off, heading into the dressing room to call Eunhyuk. Nothing happened.

            I leaned against the wall outside the building and felt tears stream down my face. My breath became shallow and I repeatedly hit the brick wall. Soft footsteps came up to me. A felt a hand on my shoulders and I peered down at the concerned face of Yoona.

            “Oppa, do you want to tell me what’s going on? The rest of the members are pacing and where’s Eunhyuk-oppa? Aw,” she reached up and wiped away some of my tears.

            I looked at this sweet concerned girl in front of me and began to pour my heart out. “Yoona, Eunhyuk-shi’s missing. We can’t find him anywhere. He won’t answer his phone and now I think it’s my fault. He probably doesn’t like Jessica, but I made him come with me to the Café anyway. Maybe he felt annoyed by her and thought it was disgusting the way we were flirting. I don’t know.”

            Yoona looked at me. She shook her head. “Oppa, did Jessica-unni say anything to upset him?” I shook my head. “Well, what was he mad about?”

            “He just said it was disgusting how we were flirting around. Oh Yoona, you have no idea how much I love him. I know he doesn’t love me back, but it hurts me to see him mad. It hurts me so much. When I found out he was missing, I thought if anything happened to him, I would die.” I sobbed loudly into her hair.

            She patted my back soothingly and murmured, “Shh, shh.” We stood there silently until an announcement came up. “Super Junior to be performing in ten.” We walked back into the building.

The performances ended at ten. But there was still no sign of Hyukkie. By the time we got back to the dorm Sungmin and Ryeowook were close to tears.

            When everyone else had trudged off to bed, Leeteuk-hyung came up to me. He closed his eyes and breathed. “Donghae-ah, did something happen when you guys were out? Did anyone say anything to upset him?”

            “I don’t know. He was acting really strange. He wouldn’t talk to anyone and didn’t touch his shake at all. He acted as if he was mad at the world. I really don’t know what’s wrong with him. He seemed to be angriest at Jessica. That was the weird part. She didn’t do anything to upset him at all.”

            Leeteuk-hyung’s eyes widened when I said the last part. I saw the gears in his mind spin into motion and I waited, wanting to hear what he thought. Instead, he muttered, “Oh no. Please no. Gosh no. Please let me be wrong.”

            “What? Hyung, you’re scaring me. What??” I searched anxiously in his face for something familiar, something I could go with.

            But he seemed to have come out of the trance and looked at me dazed. “Lee Donghae, you have no clue do you?” He shook his head and walked to his room.

            What did he mean?

 

Haha, so Hyukkie's message is courtesy of Lia :D Remember our first phone call ever?? We were discussing it!!! <3