Chapter 38 - Preparations

Monkey Love Fishy

 

D POV

            Three days passed since I canceled the wedding. Jessica told everyone that it was because she was going to marry Tom, but needed to use me as a cover. I accepted the answer. I let her have the wedding she deserved. Over the days, I’ve had Yoona talk to me, and she was sincere about the fact that Jessica only did it because she loved me. I suppose it was true. I didn’t want to hurt her, and was glad that Tom was a generous enough person to take her back after all the pain she caused him. I didn’t even tell my mother the truth. The gentleman in me still wanted to protect Jessica’s reputation.

 It’s also been three days since I confessed to Eunhyuk. He’s been avoiding me, and I’ve seen him surrounded by Sungmin, Wookie and Kyu. They were always hustling about, hiding things from me. I shrugged it off, and tried to control my emotions whenever I was around him. It hurt so much to have to deal with his rejection. This was worse than not knowing. Not knowing, at least, meant I could dream. And now my dreams were shattered.

            In the morning while I was dressing, Leeteuk-hyung came into my room. “Donghae-ah, we’re going out.” He shook car keys and Yesung-hyung popped his head into the room. “We need to hang out,” he said. They dragged me out to the car and began to sing aimlessly. I sat in the back and was silent until Yesung-hyung turned and looked at me.

            “Ya! You quiet fish back there. Laugh a bit more!” He reached over and tugged on my cheeks. Even though he’s not immensely popular and is a little weird, four-dimensional, I still love this eccentric hyung. He makes me laugh in ways unimaginable. When I managed to laugh out loud, he smiled and said, “There you go! That’s the adorable Fishy Prince.”

            The car pulled up into a gray building. The smell of chlorine and shampoo wafted towards me. The pool? I looked at the hyungs and saw them taking off their clothes and emerging in swim trunks. “Tada! Super Junior will be filming a section of Crazy Dares in H2O.”

            My eyes widened as I saw the camera crew show up. How could we be filming a show without me being informed and without the others? Yesung-hyung shoved a pair of swim trunks at me and ran into the pool doing a cannon dive.

When we all were in the water, the PD came up to us and said, “You will have to accomplish different tasks in the water. You will be competing against one another. The first task is for you to swim under the pool and attempt to retrieve a bikini bottom from a swimmer. You will be giving her these,” and he pointed at a pair of bright pink ones, “as replacement. You are idols, so I don’t think I need to tell you to use appropriate methods.”

The hyungs and I looked at each other with our faces burning. “Aish, Teukie. When we said distracting the Fish I didn’t picture this.” I heard Yesung- hyung whisper. The PD pointed at a group of ladies swimming at the far end of the pool. “You must swim there and come back first to win the point.” He blew the whistle and we were off.

I swam as fast as I could to the group, but I stopped a little while away. Who should I go up to? There was a teenage girl, one about my age and a middle aged woman. I thought of going to the one my age, but that was too inappropriate. So I went for the middle aged woman, beating Leeteuk-hyung to her. I laughed silently as I saw him fight Yesung-hyung for the girl in her twenties.

Anyeonghaseyo. I am Super Junior’s Donghae. Er, noona, is it possible for me to,” I coughed and broke off, embarrassed. She smiled patiently at me. “Can I exchange your bikini bottoms for this one?” I held up the pink one we were supposed to trade with.

It was obvious the PD had warned them of this because she smiled and held up a pair of polka dotted ones. “You need to first perform your talent!”

I thought fast and began to do the wave in the water. She laughed and nodded, and we exchanged the items. I looked around and saw Leeteuk-hyung begging the teenager with his eyes closed. Using a floaty, I put hers on it and began to swim back. I was the first back and looked back to see the hyungs still suffering. It was several more minutes before Leeteuk-hyung finally had to dance Bonamana before completing his mission.

The day just continued until we were done filming. On the way home, I saw Leeteuk-hyung intently texting on his phone, looking up at me once in a while. My curiosity piqued and I wanted to know what was going on. I edged over my chair and tried to peek.

“Ya! Donghae! Shoo shoo,” Yesung-hyung blocked the screen with a piece of paper and fixed me with that intense glare of his. I pouted and shrank back in my seat. So they were hiding something from me.

E POV

            The moment I saw Donghae leave the house, I rang the bell for the others to come out. Sungmin and Ryeowook ran out enthusiastically, a long list already in their hands. Kyu followed them with a disgruntled look on his face as he carried boxes of goodness knows what. I watched as Heechul-hyung bounced out of his room, squealing.

            “Heenim in the house! I say Eunhae! Eunhae! E to the U to the N to the H to the A to the E is the masterpiece. Everyone scream!” he parodied his own part in U’s remix. I laughed at the enthusiasm of this normally biting hyung.

            Siwon and Shindong came in holding armfuls of groceries. “Ryeowook! Your time in the kitchen is now,” Shindong called, panting heavily as he dropped the bags on the floor.

            He nodded smilingly and looked at me. “Hyuk, what does Hae like to eat? He likes jajeongmeun I know that. What else? I’ll make seafood kimbap, although you don’t like seafood, right now you’re not important. What else? I’ll make chocolate covered strawberries, a big salad, and his favorite shrimp and cheese pasta. Shindong did you buy French bread?”

            “Neh,” the comedian responded, already helping to take out the foods.

            I was touched at the enthusiasm of our members.  I stood there, feeling useless until Sungmin came over. “Ya, Eunhyuk-shi, don’t think you’re useless,” he read my mind. “Right now, you’re to relax and think of your little speech. Occasionally you can come help me and Kyu set up okay?” he beamed happily. I nodded at the Bunny and walked into my room.

            Littered all over the floor were crumpled pieces of paper. I was up all night trying to write my apology speech to Donghae. It was true what Super Junior said. They would always support us, and ELFs would always support us. What was left was for me to confess to Donghae and pray he doesn’t hate me.

            I sat down on my desk and put my pen to the paper.

            Donghae,

            You’re the best friend I ever had. You were always there for me regardless of what I did and I have to say I could not have gone through my trainee days without you always being on my side. These past months, I couldn’t help but feel like I’ve lost you forever. But when you broke it off with Jessica and confessed to me, I acted stupid. I wasn’t thinking and may have risked losing the love of my life. I love you,

                                                                                    Yours Forever,

                                                                                    Hyuk Jae

            I read over what I wrote and crumpled it up, throwing it away again. Gah, this was so cheesy and didn’t express what I really wanted to say. I thought carefully. Maybe I needed to remind him of the memories we shared. Nah, that’s not it. Grumbling, I wandered back down to see if I could help.

K POV

            The hyungs were busy setting up the roof for Eunhyuk. They decided to let them make up there because it was “romantic” as Hangeng suggested. Personally, I think that’s so overrated and the hyungs will probably fall over the roof in their mad dash of love. I shook my head. Those two hyungs. I swear they’re constantly going back and forth. First it was Jessica, and now it’s stubborn pigheadedness. I swear I was going to have to forcibly drag them and tie them together to get anywhere. Hey, that’s not a bad idea…

            “Kyuhyun! Come help me hang this against the railing!” Sungmin called. I glared at him. Gosh, for such a cute guy he sure was bossy.
            I leaned precariously against the railing to hang the banner he held out to me. I prayed there was no wind. I did not want to fall to my untimely death. With much effort, I finally got the banner hanging. It was a deep sapphire blue and there was a monkey and a fish on both sides. Then in the words Haeppy Eunhae~ Hwaiting! The words were fancily written and had hearts and sapphire balloons everywhere.

            I walked over to my laptop and opened up a video file. I laughed when I saw the video clips of all the Eunhae moments we all contributed. There were hugs, shirt lifting and even random smiles at each other. My personal favorite was Sungmin’s contribution. His was the interview about Donghae and skin ship. I remembered when it aired. We all made fun of him. I looked at the next clip and nearly died. It was when we were filming the mini dramas and those two were doing their bed and bathroom scene. I looked at the contributor and wasn’t surprised to see that it was Heechul-hyung.

            I set up the entire video and put the classic Eunhae song as the background. I changed my mind and set it to I Wanna Love You. The classic song can wait. After I set up the slideshow, I wandered into the kitchen to see if I could find anything good to eat.

            “Wookie, is there anything for us to eat? I’m hungry,” I whined. He whirled around and presented me with freshly rolled kimbap. I opened my mouth and took a big bite, savoring the burst of cooked salmon and stuffed kimchi. I loved when this talented hyung made improvisations to the food he made.

            Eunhyuk came in with an apron. “Okay, Wookie, teach me how to bake cookies.”

            I raised an eyebrow as I watched him begin to knead the dough, his fingers clumsy from inexperience. They kneaded the dough until it was soft and began to add various ingredients. I had to say, I was impressed by the effort this Monkey put in. He was dedicated.

            When he finally popped the cookies into the oven, he went onto the roof and found Sungmin and Hangeng scattering plushies and beanbag chairs. I flopped onto one and watched as the hyungs set up a large table, complete with candles and flowers. I sniggered. Watching them fuss over Eunhyuk like bossy ahjummas was so fascinating.

            At last everything was set up and we texted Leeteuk-hyung.

            We’ll be back in fifteen minutes~ kekeke ^^ Eunhae Hwaiting!

            I smiled and we all went to our designated locations, leaving Eunhyuk alone at the dorm to wait for them to come back. Here we go~

 

The date is totally mooched off of my favorite author, ifallelsefails. It's inspired from her story, Checkmate

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. It was fun to write. One more left you guys. 

Then it's sequel time XD But not quite...

Yes! Lia, you totally read that rap :D

Monkey Winks KEKEKEKE