Chapter 35 - You Break Me With Your Eyes

Monkey Love Fishy

 

E POV

The wedding began to take over our lives. The tailors, planners and designers swarmed our dorm and the church where the wedding was to take place. Since Jessica wanted it to be near the Han River, we had to help them set up. I have been avoiding Donghae, or rather, we’ve been avoiding each other since the bachelor’s party.

            Leeteuk-hyung came up to us and said, “As Super Junior members, I think it is up to us to prepare a concert for our Fishy Prince. It is his big day, and even though the situation is not as positive as we like it to be, we need to make him as happy as possible. SJ hwaiting! Donghae hwaiting!”

            Four days before the wedding was the rehearsal. I dressed in my black suit and stood in front of the floor length mirror, staring at my reflection. I sighed heavily. In four more days, I was about to lose my one true love. Be strong, Hyuk Jae, it’s going to be okay. You’ll remain friends, I told myself. I looked up and saw Donghae walk in.  He was already dressed and came up to me.

            He stared at me from the mirror, and I looked into his deep brown eyes. His eyes have always been a point of weakness for me. They’re so beautiful, and so sad. Whenever I look deep into his eyes, I can see hints of grief; sadness over his father’s passing away. Every time I want to be mad at him, I look into those eyes and my heart breaks. When he smiles, the sadness lingers, when he’s sad, the melancholy shines through. His eyes were deep and a shade of brown that can never hide his feelings. It’s what’s most arresting, and most beautiful about Lee Donghae.

          “Eunhyuk-shi. We haven’t talked in so long. I’ve really missed you. You’ve been so quiet throughout these weeks,” he slipped an arm around my waist and buried his head in my shoulder. Immediately I felt a tingle of sensation where his arm was. My mouth went dry and thoughts flashed through my head. All the resolve in me crumbled and I groaned inwardly.

“Donghae-ah, you’re getting married. It’s going to be different now. We can’t be this close brothers anymore. I was just giving you some space,” my neck was heating up from where he was breathing on it. I wanted him off, but I wanted him to stay. I wanted him to touch me and to… kiss me.

               Without warning, my Fishy began to cry. All desirous feelings vanished, only to be replaced by concern and panic. “Donghae!” I held him away from me, alarmed. Tears were pouring down his face and he was blubbering, his arms reaching for me. I carried him to the bed and sat next to him. “Aish, Donghae. Don’t cry, please don’t cry. I want you to smile, come on, show me that dorky fishy smile that I- we love. Hae!” He wrapped his arms around me and sobbed loudly into my neck.

             “Hyu-Hyukkie, life is so unfair. I don’t want to get married to her, why are you always reminding me? It hurts me, and- and, I don’t know how long I can carry on. I don’t have any strength left,” he lifted his head from my neck to direct a gaze at me.

              The look in his eyes was reflecting of so many emotions. Despair, anguish, dear, anger. It was enough to break me. My heart cracked, and a million shards of it came out through the form of my own tears. I reached a trembling hand out and cupped his cheek. “Lee Donghae, don’t you ever cry in front of me. It breaks my heart every time,” I whispered. He bit his lips and a wracking sob overtook him. His eyes were cast towards the bed, and immediately a torrent of tears slid down one after the other, landing on the mattress.

               My heart began to pound and I felt panic. I grabbed him to me and began to sing lyrics from our song, Happiness. I patted his back comfortingly. We were in the position for a good ten minutes until he began to hiccup slightly, falling asleep on top of me. There was a knock on the door, and I placed Donghae gently down on the bed. I opened the door and saw Sungmin standing outside.

               He looked at Donghae, saw the tears on my face and immediately his arm came around me. I stood there in his embrace before motioning him inside. “Sungmin-ah, I don’t know what to do. Donghae started crying. I really think Jessica is making a mistake by forcing him to marry her. He’s been so upset and he just broke down. I’m going to call them and tell them Donghae’s sick. I know it’s his rehearsal, but they’re going to postpone it to tomorrow.”

               Sungmin nodded and took out his phone, calling the others who were already on their way. “Hyung, Donghae is violently sick. He’s been throwing up all over the place. Can we cancel the rehearsal until tomorrow? Mmm, I will talk to his mom. Wei? Ah, Donghae-umma! Donghae-shi’s really sick right now. Is it okay if we please postpone the rehearsal until tomorrow? Oh no, you don’t need to come, Eunhyuk-shi and I have it under control. Mmm, don’t worry. I’m sure Jessica wouldn’t mind. Mmm, araso. Anyeong.” He snapped his phone shut and looked at Donghae with a concerned frown.

                I got up and changed out of my suit. Sungmin tugged Donghae’s suit jacket off of him and helped him into a T-shirt. He closed the door quietly. We sat on the bed, looking down at him until Sungmin spoke up.

             “Eunhyuk-shi, I have a question and would love it if you were honest. Do you love Donghae?” he looked at me.

               I hung my head and played with Donghae’s fingers. “Neh, I do. I don’t want to, but I do.”

             He nodded and we were silent until the other members came back.

             “How is he?” Leeteuk asked.

             Sungmin nodded at the door. “He’s sleeping now, poor baby prince.”

               Leeteuk sighed in relief and Heechul exhaled. I cast one more glance at him before walking out the door. 

 

 

I do so love Donghae's eyes~ Icon Monkey Yoyo