Chapter 33- Partayy

Monkey Love Fishy

 

K POV

            Two weeks after Donghae was released from the hospital, Leeteuk pulled the other members into a room. “You guys, we need to plan a bachelor’s party for Donghae.”

            Heechul and I shared smirks. We had ideas up our sleeves. Heechul and I have been discussing this for a while. We came up with multiple plans, but what we needed now was a go ahead from Leeteuk. Our ideas were meant to be fun, none of the clichéd last hurrahs in bars or, worse, like those Americans and their inappropriate clubs.

            We were undecided over two ideas. One was to take Donghae to a paintball arena and just to let him have all his stress out. That was my idea. Heechul-hyung, being the ever observant hyung he was, knew about Eunhae. He wanted us to just throw those two in a room and have them get at it. But all joking aside, Heechul had the idea of having Donghae’s last week as a bachelor be spent doing anti-Jessica activities. He wanted us to go to archery and have the target be Jessica. I thought it was funny but Leeteuk would never approve.

            When we presented our ideas to Leeteuk-hyung, the leader rolled his eyes and shook his head. “We’re planning a series of activities for Donghae. Our Fishy Prince will be taken to a paintball arena, like Kyu suggested. We’re going to spend the day doing everything males like to do. We’re going to play basketball, and play at the beach. After dinner, we’re going to karaoke. I know it’s very lame, but Donghae likes simplicity. I feel this is the most we can do for him. As an idol, it’s difficult for him to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. So this is our gift to him.”

            I smiled brightly, happy that my idea was used. Heechul rolled his eyes and muttered things about not understanding romance, and the “heat of the moment.” I laughed out loud and we walked into my room to plan.

            I kept an eye on Eunhyuk to see how he was reacting to all these plans. He kept his smile on his face, but there was a glassy quality to his eyes. I sighed heavily. Somehow I had a feeling this bachelor’s party wasn’t going to end well. Not with him trying to act all noble. I mean, seriously. If you like the guy, admit it. But he wouldn’t, even if it means hurting himself. Gah, this is annoying. It’s not like he would be hurting anyone important. I mean, Jessica. Who cares about her feelings.

            We spend the whole day in the room, planning our various activities. Heechul threw a minor fit until Leeteuk decided to let him prepare the beach activity. I smirked at my evil Cinderella hyung. What was he up to? After planning the many activities, we called our managers and asked for more privacy and security measures. All our schedules have been cleared for this last week before the wedding.

            The next morning, Sungmin and I rolled happily out of bed and stormed down the hall, waking all the hyungs up. Sungmin poked Eunhyuk awake. But he rolled over, mumbling incoherently. Grinning wickedly, I leaned down and whispered, “Wake up, my Monkey. It’s Fishy,” I tried to make my voice breathy, like Donghae’s.

            I smirked with satisfaction as he jumped up and looked crestfallen when he saw it was me. “Wah, omo! It’s the big day.” Cackling evilly, Asia’s Anchovy kicked off the covers and ran to brush his teeth. Sungmin shook his head and we ran onto the next door.

            “Shh,” Sungmin cautioned. “We don’t want to catch umma and appa doing certain things.” He winked at me. I snorted and we turned the knob slowly, like children going to wake their parents on Christmas day. 

            I peered in and saw Leeteuk dressing. Sungmin poked me and pushed me into the room. “Wah!” We tumbled onto the floor and Kangin ran out of the bathroom with a toothbrush in his mouth. I smiled sheepishly and waved. “Good morning! We’ll be going now.”

            The next room was Hanchul’s. Sungmin left me to do the dirty work. I knew Hangeng-hung would be easy, but then comes our diva. I slammed the doors open and saw Heechul already up and gelling his hair. “Oh, you’re awake,” I said, very surprised. He smirked and stuck out his tongue as he gazed at his reflection.

            “It’s my Fishy’s big day, how can I forget the fun I planned for him?” he cackled and threw an arm around me. “Kyuhyun-shi we plan well.”

            When I got out, I saw that Sungmin had successfully awakened everyone, but Donghae. That was fine. He was still taking medications and always slept late. We walked back to Sungmin’s room and dressed. I reached over to the bed stand and grabbed a black blindfold. We were planning on kidnapping Donghae. He was the type of guy who would not want us to go through all this trouble, especially for a wedding he didn’t want.    

            I chose Siwon and Eunhyuk to go with me, both of them being of the more muscular type. Donghae was going to put up a fight; I can feel it in my bones. I put Siwon and Eunhyuk in charge of holding him down while I put on the blindfold.

            We threw open the door and marched in. Donghae just woke up and looked sleepily at us. “Eh? Isn’t it too early for Eunsihae?” he asked drowsily. I snorted and motioned for them to get on both sides of him.

            “Bwo? What is this? Kyuhyun-shi, what are you doing?” his fishy face quickly turned into one of alarm.

            I approached him carefully and held up the blindfold. He saw and paled. “No!” he jumped out of bed. “Stop this, I don’t want a bachelor’s party! I thought I told you from the beginning. Let me go!” he wrenched his arm away from Eunhyuk’s grasp.

            I rolled my eyes and shook my head. “Stop being such a baby, Hae. We’re letting you have fun before…” I stopped myself. I was going to say before you are stuck with that monster. “Before you’re an old ahjusshi with a child.”

            I flashed a bright smile at him and said, “Hyung, get ready. Then when you come out, we’ll blindfold you to our first destination.”

            He glared at me and shook his head. I cackled. I saw the beginnings of tears form, and knew that despite his protests, Donghae-hyung was touched that we were willing to go through all this for him. I wanted to follow him into the bathroom just to see if he was secretly wiping away tears.

            When he came out, dressed in a new shirt and jeans, I tied the blindfold around him and we led him to the car. I ran back in to check that we had everything. Before I locked the door, I checked my phone. Sighing with frustration I turned it to vibrate and dropped it into my bag. There was nothing from Yoona.

Weeks has passed since I gave her the DNA sample, without a word from Yoona. Each day I would wait for something, but receiving no new information. And now, it was almost the day of the wedding. There was still no development. I bit my lips to avoid groaning out loud. We couldn’t wait much longer. I have to stop this wedding.

I was about to walk to the car when my phone vibrated. I grabbed it out eagerly and saw a new text from Yoona. I opened it and read it quickly.

Kyu, I’m still waiting for the genetics lab to get back to me. The doctor called me yesterday and told me that the results have come in; they just need two more days to confirm it. I know the wedding is in five more days, and we can’t wait much longer. So, have fun with Donghae-oppa today. We’re throwing a shower for Sica. I’ll keep an eye on her, and you… just make sure our Fishy oppa is happy arasso?

                                                            Yoona Bear~

I stifled a chuckle at her adorable signature. The results were in. My hopes began to soar higher. Pretty soon, we would be able to determine whether Jessica was truly lying or not. I was pretty confident this was the evidence we needed to end her evil once and for all.

“Kyuhyun-ah! Palli~ It’s going to be nighttime by the time we’re done if you continue at this rate!” Kangin-hyung yelled out the open window. I shoved the phone away and ran to the van.

I wedged myself next to the Fish, and watched in satisfaction as he squirmed, trying to see past the blindfold. “Donghae-ah, give up. Kyuhyun-shi made sure there was no way you would see where we went to first.” Eunhyuk .

At last we arrived at the paintball arena. We requested an alien versus undersea creatures theme especially for Donghae’s childhood interests. Leeteuk gently untied the blindfold and his eyes widened as he took in the dark room with the outer space designs on one side and the mysterious deep sea on the other. His eyes filmed over and he turned to us, already clenching his jaw to keep from crying.

“Aish, Donghae, don’t cry. You deserve all this. We love you,” Heechul told him. We hugged him before Kangin pulled away.

“Enough of that, we’re going to split into teams.”

There were fifteen of us. Well, fourteen if you counted Zhou Mi out. I rolled my eyes at the tall Chinese guy. He was afraid of getting dirty even though this place included a shower afterwards. He insisted on sitting out, only wanting to film and take pictures of us.

I calculated quickly before saying, “Old ahjusshis versus the young generation!” I called out. “That means I get, Ryeowook, Kibum, Donghae, Henry, Siwon and Eunhyuk!”

“Ya~ who are you calling ahjusshi maknae?” Leeteuk glowered over. I giggled. He was always sensitive about that phrase.

“That’s not fair,” Sungmin complained. “I get stuck with all the ones who have stiff joints. Aish, I say we play Rock, Paper , Scissors.”

But it was Siwon who presented to us the wisdom of Shisus. “Donghae-shi should pick. It’s his team.”

Donghae pulled a face and said, “Araso. Nobody get offended okay? I choose Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun, Siwon, Yesung, Henry, and Sungmin. We’re team East Sea!”

The older members converged and said, “We’re team Eternal Galaxy,” Heechul announced. I burst out laughing. What a lame team name. We all put on our gear and grabbed the paint guns. The two teams stood in line formation as Zhou Mi called out, “Hanna du set!”

At the signal we all ran around the large spatial field, trying to hit targets.

D POV

            I laughed hysterically once the game started. It was funny watching the members run around the field, trying to hit each other. We established the rules as three hits and you’re out. The first to get hit was Ryeowook. He jumped in surprise before tearing down the field hitting a very surprised Siwon.

            The two hours passed by quickly and when the buzzer sounded, we all yanked off our masks, looking around at the damage we did. The walls were all covered with paint. There were splatters of it all over, covering the themes. We looked over at the death zone and saw a disgruntled Kyuhyun sitting there. Kyu, our king of games, was hit three times by Heechul, Leeteuk and Hangeng. The only ones left on the field were me, Eunhyuk, Yesung, Shindong and Leeteuk. I whooped and cheered.       

            “East Sea wins!” Zhou Mi announced, getting up from his chair. We ran around celebrating before marching off to the showers. When we came out, Leeteuk-hyung held up the blindfold.  I groaned. Not again.

            The drive was pretty short, and when we got out of the car, I saw that we were in the middle of a park. I looked around confused. “Donghae-shi, I know that this isn’t much, but we felt that you just need time being around us, being with your brothers before we send you off to married life. So, we planned very simple activities for you. Please don’t be disappointed.” Leeteuk-hyung took my confused look for one of disappointment.

            I shook my head. “No, hyung. I love this. I don’t want you to take me to an extravagant place. I like this just fine. It’s what suits me.” I hugged our beloved leader tightly. He smiled and motioned over.

            “We’re going to play basketball. This time we’re choosing with age order.”

            After basketball, we sat down to have a picnic. I sat there, staring out at the pond. Super Junior went through so much effort to make sure I was happy. The least I can do for them is to have fun and then enjoy my wedding. No more of this moping around business, I decided. For them, I will be happily married.

            I sneaked a look over at Eunhyuk. His strong profile was turned towards me and he too was staring out to space. There was a serious expression in his normally playful eyes. There was a pang in my heart and I got up to sit next to him.

            “Ya~ Eunhyuk-shi, why are you not eating?” I put a banana to his face. He turned and looked at me. The wells in his eyes were deep and they threatened to drown me in there. I hated seeing him so pensive, especially when we should all be happy. I reached out with my hands and tugged at his lips. “Smile for me, Hyuk Jae.”

            He blinked and a slow smile began spreading across his face. The gums of his teeth began to show and that brought on a fierce smile of my own. I tackled him to the ground and we started rolling and laughing.

            Everyone watched and shook their heads in amusement. I clung onto him and held him tight to me as we rolled down the hill. I dug my head into his chest and breathed in the scent of lemony soap and Monkey. When the momentum ceased and we began to stop rolling, I pulled myself off of him and we raced each other back to the van. It was still early, and I began to wonder what other plans these crazy boys had in store for me.

E POV

            After basketball, we prepared to head to the beach. I had suspicions that the beach would be… interesting, given how Heechul-hyung was the one who planned it.  When we drove up to the beach and changed into the correct attire, Heechul led us to a beach volleyball court. He grinned wickedly and clapped his hands.

            Immediately, we were surrounded by members from various other idol groups. I saw SHINee, f(x), Big Bang, B2st, U-Kiss, BoA, Kara as well as TVXQ and JYJ. Heechul-hyung was really amazing. He turned what was a small party into a big one, with Donghae’s friends. Amber came up to Donghae and hugged him.

            “Congratulations, oppa. And if you have any problems, call me,” she winked at him before presenting him with a gift.

            He smiled brightly and when everyone paid their respects he turned to look at us. “Kamsahae,” he whispered, his voice thickening. I beamed and felt a slow spreading of happiness when he came to me and hugged me.

            “Ya~ Hyung, no more crying, we’re going to play volleyball now,” Onew smiled at him.

Donghae wiped his eyes and ran onto the ball court.

            After being severely sunburned, Leeteuk-hyung led us to the car. “Guys, this is our last stop. It’s already seven. This place, we’ll be able to stay until midnight.”

            Donghae hopped up and down, excited, just like a little kid. I tugged at his hand and pulled him out of the car. The sky was turning dark and the pink of the sunset bled into the orange of the horizon. The swirls of light blue turning purple at spots. I put on a happy smile and led Donghae into karaoke.

            We went into a large room and sprawled on top of the couches. Kyuhyun grabbed the remote and began flipping through the songs. He landed on one and smirked evilly. “I want to dedicate this song to Donghae-hyung.”

            He began to sing to One Love. Now tears threatened to slide from my eyes. This was too much. What was this maknae doing? He knows this song makes me sad. But, Yesung and Ryeowook only joined in, and encouraged me to join.

            When we were done, Kangin-hyung took out the soju and we began to celebrate. I stayed away from the alcohol but watched as the others slowly got drunk. We piled into the car and went home. Everyone sobered up and washed before going to bed. The only one left was Donghae. I was about to sleep when Donghae came into the room, singing aimlessly. He came up to me and whispered, “Hyukkie, why are you sitting here all alone?”

            I smiled at him, but wrinkling my nose at the alcohol on his breath. “Ya~ You’re drunk, go away,” I pushed him gently away from me.

            He burst into tears, “Hyu-Hyukkie doesn’t want me. He wants me to go away, he wants me to marry Jessica, he doesn’t want Fishy to be with him anymore,” he rambled and slurred. I bit my lips and avoided looking at him. All the things he said hurt and they weren’t true at all.

            He looked up in the middle of his ramblings and shot me a look that chilled me to my core. “Hyukkie hates Donghae, Hyukkie never loved Donghae,” he said, his voice not shaky at all. The look on his face was direct and serious. The pain on his face filled me with a deep melancholy.

            I led him gently to his room and knocked on Kyuhyun’s door. “Come in,” he called.

When I walked in, Kyu had a cup of tea in his hands and Sungmin was fretting about him. I looked at Kyu before casting an uneasy glance at Sungmin. The Aegyo Bunny saw and tactfully walked out to “fetch Kyuhyun some more water.”

            “Kyu, you’re right. I need to stop this wedding. How far along have you guys gotten along on this? I’m so sorry for this. But I realized I was stupid.  You’re right. I need to make Donghae happy. And I need to stop this wedding.”

            The maknae smirked at me. “Finally hyung, we’ve gotten pretty far. In fact, you’re a bit late, but sit down, I’ll fill you in,” he patted the spot next to him.

            

 

Wow, severely long chapter of basic bs. I'm so sorry I made you all wait and read this long stupid chapter. This chapter is the worst chapter of the entire story and this is because tomorrow is my AP, and I'm super nervous. But the story is coming to a close soon, and I have a few more bam bam (I hope so at least) chapters left to go~

So stay tight~

Monkey Icons Yoyo