Chapter 28- Meeting Tom

Monkey Love Fishy

 

E POV

            When we got to the amusement park, Sooyoung immediately grabbed me to line up at the Death Coaster. I smiled up at her and began to . “You see that huge loop over there? What if, the coaster stopped right there and you were hanging upside down?”

            She looked at me and smirked, “Oppa, you would be right there with me. Besides, I’m not a scaredy-cat.”

            I laughed out loud and chuckled at her wit. She was so adorable. I slid behind her and poked her in the small of her back. She jumped and pouted when she saw it was me. “See? And you were saying you weren’t scared.”

            When we got on the coaster, she linked her arm through mine. “Oppa, I think I’m going to scream.” I hugged her closer to me and we took off. The entire ride, we were screaming and I was laughing at her fear. When we got off, she clung to me and kept whispering “Mianhe, mianhe.” I realized I was having a lot of fun with Sooyoung.

            She was fun to be around, and wasn’t a lot of pressure. It was clear why so many guys would be in love with her. We spent the next two hours walking around, daring each other to get on rides. When I got onto a pink unicorn at the merry-go-round, she roared with laughter and snapped pictures with her Blackberry.

            After we settled down to eat, my phone rang. It was Kyuhyun. Hmmph, this was unusual. “Yeboseyo Kyuhyun-shi?”

            “Hyung, come back. Donghae-hyung, he overdosed and we’re at the hospital. I called the other hyungs and they’re all coming. Hyung! I think he needs you right now. The doctors are pumping his stomach right now.”

            My hands shook and I dropped my phone. Sooyoung reached over in concern. “Hyung? Hyung?” Kyuhyun’s voice still tittered through the phone’s speakers. Sooyoung grabbed my phone and answered, “He’s in shock, we’ll be going back now.”

            She put her arms around me and whispered, “What happened?? Hyuk Jae, tell me!” But I could only shake my head and pointed with trembling fingers at my heart. “Your heart? Oppa, tell me what’s wrong?” she began to scream hysterically.

            “Donghae, he’s in the hospital. Drug overdose,” I whispered. She turned pale and immediately pulled me up.

            “Let’s go, we’re going to the hospital.” She climbed into the driver seat and we sped off to Seoul Medical Hospital. She asked the secretary for his room and we rushed up there. I watched her take control of the situation and only watched, dazed. Donghae-ah, how could you do this?

K POV

            The doors slammed open and we looked up to see Sooyoung run in with a pale looking Eunhyuk behind her. Leeteuk stood up and thanked Sooyoung for coming and pulled Eunhyuk into an embrace. Yesung was comforting Ryeowook and Sungmin as they sobbed next to Donghae’s bed. Heechul was standing with Shindong, off to the side, both with shell-shocked expressions. My phone began to ring and I walked outside to answer it.

            “What?”

            “Kyuhyun?” it was Yoona. “Kyu, I have something for you. Jessica is on the move, I think she’s going now to meet that Tom person I talked to. She got into her car and is driving towards the airport. I heard their phone call. Can you come pick me up and we go together? Kyu? Kyuhyun???”

            I snarled. Why, of all days, did she have to make a move? “I’m at the hospital right now. Donghae overdosed a few hours ago. They just finished pumping his stomach and he’s in critical condition. I’ll go pick you up. I’m so sick of this. It’s because of that witch that he’s in this condition.”

            “Oh, Kyuhyun. Are you sure? I can go myself,” she softened her voice. I knew that she loved Donghae a lot too.

            “No, sit tight. I want revenge.” I was furious at that blonde. “Hyung, I’m going out for a while, clear my head. Update me, araso?” Leeteuk nodded and motioned for me to go.

            I drove like a mad man and screeched to a stop in front of their dorm. Yoona was standing out front and she hopped in. “Let’s go! She wrote down the terminal and the gate, and I managed to see it before she left.” We drove in silence until she spoke up.

            “Kyuhyun? I’m really sorry to hear about Donghae-oppa. Is he okay right now? I really want to stop this wedding. I saw what this whole mess did to him. Kyuhyun, we have to work hard for Eunhae.”

            I nodded and blinked away the tears that threatened to spill. When we got to the airport, I asked her for the gate and terminal. “It’s terminal 1, gate 5.” I veered in and we saw Jessica’s white Subaru sitting in front of the doors. I eased into the spot behind her and we waited. At last she came out with a tall man.

            “That’s him,” Yoona whispered. I watched them get into the car and we slowly followed him. They drove to a secluded hotel, and I parked a few blocks away. I got out of the car, and grabbed a tape recorder. I melted into the shadows and watched them.

            “Jessica, it’s been a while since I’ve seen you. I miss you,” he whispered. Yoona slipped next to me and we both listened intently.

            Jessica looked up at him. “Tom, I have something to tell you. It’s really important.”

            We tensed and waited for his response.

            “ What is it?”

            Then the ice queen did something I never expected her to. She looked up at this Tom with a look so filled with mushy love, I almost felt bad for her. “Tom, I love you. I hope you know that. But the thing is, I’m pregnant. And it’s hard for me, especially in this industry. Tom, I wanted to tell you before you hear it from the gossips. I’m engaged.”

            I winced at  the look on Tom’s face. He looked like the air has been out of him and his facial expression sagged.

Y POV

            I watched and felt sympathy towards Tom when I heard Jessica-unni tell him she was engaged. “Jess, is that why you avoided my questions about our future? Who is he? I’m not going to let you go this easily! Jessica, tell me!” he roared.

            Jessica began to cry. “It’s no use. I love you Tom, I really do. But we will never work out. This guy, my fiancé, he’s the love of my life. I love you, you were great to me. But I can’t leave him for you. I never could.”

            I bit my lips to avoid crying at Tom’s pain. Kyuhyun elbowed me and glared. “Shh, stop crying for the bad guy.”

            Tom let out a strangled cry. “I can’t let you go, Jessica. Give me one chance to prove to you, anything. I’ll do anything for you.”

            She put a finger up to his lips. “Shh, it’s not use, I’ve decided.” She rose on her tiptoes and gave him one final kiss. They held on like that and I watched with tears filmy in my eyes. Kyuhyun snapped a picture and dragged me back to the car.

            “Let’s go. I’ll be back to visit him. Right now, Donghae-hyung needs me.”

                       

This chapter was supposed to be something else, but I needed to put this part in, and this part took longer than I thought. The next chapter will probably make my Eunhae readers happy.  Awww, doesn't this make you like Jessica a bit more? I'm sorry this was such a short chapter. The next two chapters may be short as well... but hopefully it will have a lot of impact.

I don't know when I might update because I have a major AP Euro exam coming up and I need to study. Failure is not an option, not even Asian fail D:

So wish me luck and saranghaeyeo~Monkey Emoticons