Chapter 22- SPAO = Stupid Photographer's Annoying Obliviousness

Monkey Love Fishy

 

D POV

            “Wake up!” Leeteuk-hyung yelled. “We have a SPAO magazine spread to shoot!” I groaned. Great, more SNSD. I rolled out of the bed and quickly brushed my teeth. Grabbing a towel to dry my wet hair, I walked out of the showers and changed into jeans and a button down. When I came out of my room, the other members were all ready. My first gaze landed on Eunhyuk, salivating slightly as he rubbed at his wet hair. I shivered at how close he was to me and we piled into the van.
            “Yeeee! Oppas!” I cringed as squeals erupted from within the photo shoot studio. I saw a small streak of pink fly at Sungmin. It was Sunny and she was clearly happy to see us. The aegyo prince smiled and we walked in. I saw Jessica standing in the corner, talking with Tiffany. I shrugged, not bothering to go over and say hi. The image of her trying to seduce me that day was still burning in my mind.

            A cold hand slapped my shoulder. I didn’t need to turn to know that disgustingly sweet scent of cotton candy and maple sugar. I peered down at the perfectly manicured hand and shrugged it off. “What?” I spat out.

            “Stop being such a baby, Lee Donghae. You act as if you’ve never seen me without anything before. Goodness knows, there’s a reason why I’m in the condition I am now,” she hissed at me. I stiffened and bit my tongue to avoid lashing out at her. The tips of my ears burned and I stared straight ahead until Leeteuk-hyung came over.

            “Jessica,” he greeted her. “Come on, Donghae-shi. They want us to take our poses first.” He held up a black hoodie and told me to go change. I was grateful for the interference and dashed off to the changing room.

            When I walked into the room, I saw Eunhyuk standing there, already outfitted in his hoodie. Snap, I forgot this was the scene I shot with him. He glowered at me from underneath his hood. I forced myself not to stare at how deliciously gorgeous his swollen eyes looked and strolled over casually.

             “Great! Now Hyuk, you’re going to be in the first line, so I want you to lean into the camera, and Donghae I want to see your back.”

              The photographer motioned us closer together. We went through the motions until Kyuhyun and Sooyoung walked in. I bit my lips when I saw Sooyoung’s face light up as she came in and saw Eunhyuk. I kept my eyes on him to see his reaction. He only nodded in acknowledgement.  My heart sighed in relief. So maybe there wasn’t anything going on, at least on his side. We lined up in a row and began to pose again.

              The shoot dragged on, until it was time to shoot couple shots. I sighed, waiting for the inevitable. “Donghae, let’s see some pre-wedding poses from the lovely couple!” the sadistic photographer suggested. I approached her warily. “You’re going to be cute casual.” I was dressed in jeans and a form-fitting T-shirt. She had on an off-the-shoulder shirt.

               She put her arms around my neck and turned towards the camera. I rested my hands lightly on her waist and smiled, trying to get it done as soon as possible. “Another!” he cried. I stifled a sigh and stood still as she rested her head on my arm. “Go on! Show some love, Mr. Lee! Put your hands around her, or whatever. You're the romantic,” he ordered.

              I did as I was told and shut off my mind to keep from thinking. Finally, he looked up from behind his camera and said, “Pick her up, wedding style.” I bent and lifted her in my arms. She smiled at me, her eyes glowing. I beamed brightly at her and tried to keep my eyes as neutral as possible.

             “Whooo!!” the members all clapped and I set her down. I stalked away and went to change. “Next couple!” I heard the photographer shout. Kyuhyun laughed and said, “The two leaders!” Yesung-hyung snorted and countered with, “I wanna see Kyuna!” I smirked to myself, that maknae deserved to be knocked down a peg or two.

             I pulled off the shirt, and everything became muffled. I stepped out from behind the doors and heard, “Up next, Soohyuk!” I nearly gagged. Did I hear right? I saw Eunhyuk get up with Sooyoung and walk in front of the camera.

             “Your style will be flirty cute,” the photographer announced. Sooyoung put a hand on his arm and leaned towards the camera smiling. He put an arm around her waist and they looked like the perfect couple. Bile rose in my throat as I watched the shoot go on. They stood close together, once even staring into each other’s eyes. I turned away as to not see them.

              “Okay, final shot you idols. It will be with the classic couples together. So, there will be things like Kyumin, Eunhae, Yoonyul, and things like that.” Yoona and Yuri ran up there in their matching pink and yellow uniforms, already posing happily. The other members looked around nervously. At last Leeteuk-hyung motioned for us to go.

E POV

            The entire shoot, I was trying to keep composed and happy. When I posed with Sooyoung, I tried to not give her any indication that I felt anything, because I just couldn't hurt the poor girl. Now, the photographer announced he wanted Eunhae? WHAT???? WAS HE INSANE? ON CRACK? STUPID? ALL OF THE ABOVE?

            But when Leeteuk-hyung orders us to go, we have no choice but to obey. We stood facing towards each other and looked at the camera. Then they wanted one where we looked chummy together. I flared my nostrils in annoyance. What more did they want from us? So I tentatively placed an arm around his shoulder as he put bunny ears on me. Five more excruciatingly painful poses passed until we were finally done. I tore myself away from him and went down the hall to get water.

            “Hyukkie-oppa, you did good up there.” I turned around and saw Sooyoung standing shyly behind me, her hands clasped in front of her. She was the very picture of innocence. How could she ever know that she was the reason why I can’t talk to Donghae?

            I smiled at her, and wiped the water from my mouth. We began to pack our things. At the door, I saw Donghae walk in. On impulse, I drew her into me and gave her a hug. She smelled like lemons and almonds, a really comforting scent. I quickly pulled away when I heard her breath quicken. Crap, what have I done? Could I be possibly falling for this girl? 

 

 

Is it possible that our favorite Monkey has joined the dark side? XD Kidding~ But there's nothing wrong with Sooyoung... except that she's not Donghae. We'll see what happens.

I personally think Hyukkie looks super hot in the SPAO advertisements and I happy spazz over them all the time :D

Thank you to my loyal readers, I hope I continue to not disappoint. Awww, Stikboi, your comments made my day :D

MALIHA MY LOVE <3 PLEASE CONTINUE YOUR SPAZZING :D

Funnylittlefishy to be honest, reading your fanfic has inspired me to do better on this :D