Chapter 18- SNSD

Monkey Love Fishy

 

J POV

            “Jessica-unni! Come look! It’s Donghae-oppa!!” Yuri screamed from the television set. I looked down coolly and tried to look casual but my heart thudded as I watched my fiancé in front of the camera. There was a mumble of Chinese, and Hyoyeon whooped.

            “What is it?” I demanded. She shrugged, grinning maniacally and motioned at the screen. On screen, the camera went up to a close up of his handsome face. “Jessica Jung, I Love You. I will take care of you always and here’s my public proposal. Jessica, will you marry me?”

            The girls all squealed and gathered around me jumping up and down. I smiled, tears forming in my eyes. My sweet husband. This is why all the girls like Lee Donghae. He’s such a sweet talker, so romantic. I shivered with happiness. But when I opened my eyes I saw Yoona standing far away.

            This was strange. She was our group cheerleader, she was the one who always supported all of us. A nagging suspicion grew in my head. I remembered how  Eunhyuk always came looking for her. I knew Eunhyuk wanted to put a stop to our marriage. Is it possible Yoona may be in cahoots with him? I narrowed my eyes.

            “Ya, Im Yoona! Come over here, what are you doing? Are you not happy for me?” I glared at her. She startled and smiled weakly at me. She ran to join in the hug, but this was a delayed reaction. My suspicions grew.

Yoona POV

            Aish, these oppas are so confusing. Why would Donghae-oppa so publically propose to Jessica-unni if he didn’t want to marry her? Could it be possible that Eunhyuk-oppa was right? No, there must be more to this. Either way, I have seen his tears, and he has confessed to me his feelings. I was pretty sure this proposal was a ruse.

            “Ya, Im Yoona!” my head snapped up at the sound of name. I saw Jessica-unni glaring at me, her eyes narrowed and set like she was concentrating. “Come over here, what are you doing? Are you not happy for me?”

            I swallowed back my panic and smiled. “Unni, of course I am. I’m just a little shocked. Donghae-oppa is so romantic! Not a lot of guys are like that these days.” I put on my best aegyo smile and ran towards the hugging group of girls. I avoided her questioning gaze and buried my face in Yuri’s hair.

            When the hug ended, I quickly ran into my room to avoid Jessica. I stashed all the papers into my bag and stuck it in my traveling bag, and threw it underneath the bed. My heart thudded as I recalled Jessica’s narrow gaze. I was too obvious; she must have had some suspicion. I quickly walked out and sat with the rest of the members. Hyoyeon was still squealing about the proposal. I nodded and only contributed when it felt appropriate.

J POV

            I sent Yoona and Yuri out to buy groceries and I watched them disappear around the corner. Good. I stalked to their room and gingerly pushed it open. The room was spotless, surprising for the two scatterbrains.  I stepped lightly over to Yoona’s desk and flipped through the files. Random pictures smiled up at me. I opened up her drawers and saw a stack of envelopes as well as pieces of paper. Shifting through the pile, I went over to the garbage can. It was empty.

            I looked through her closets and even went through Yuri’s side of the room. There was no evidence of anything. Straightening, I let out a frustrated sigh. Could I be overthinking things or was she just super good at hiding the papers? Glancing down, I saw a yellow paper on the floor. I leaned down to grab it and saw that it was a slip of Donghae’s medical records. It was only a small part of it, but I knew what it was immediately.

            Cold sweat formed and I stared at the piece of paper in my hands. How did Yoona gain possession of this? I crumbled the paper in my fist and felt lightheaded. How could anyone have gotten hold of this paper? Grabbing the phone, I began dialing a number.

            “Yoboseyo?” a woman’s voice answered.

            “This is Jessica Jung. I need to speak to Mr. Choi. It’s regarding classified information.”

Y POV

            I knew there was something going on when Jessica-unni so casually told me and Yuri to leave the house. We never buy groceries, it was normally Seohyun’s job. I walked into my room and scanned it to make sure there was nothing suspicious. I had a feeling Jessica-unni would search our rooms. I kicked the suitcase further under the bed and ran out.

            While we were outside, Yuri tried to talk to me about the proposal. I smiled and nodded along, not really thinking straight. Deep down, I was going through our room in my mind, trying to see if there was anything I’d missed. When we went back to the dorms, I saw Jessica walk into her room, talking urgently on her phone. The door to our room was swinging carelessly. My heart skipped a beat. I ran into the room and saw that everything was in its place.

            As I was walking out, my eyes caught on a piece of crumpled yellow paper. I bent and picked it up. It was a fragmented piece of Donghae-oppa’s records. My hands shook as I tried to recall crumpling it. There was no way around this, Jessica must have seen it.

J POV

            When I walked out of my room, I heard someone crying in the bathroom. I knocked on the door. There was a muffled squeak of surprise and sniffling. I twisted the knob and saw that it was Sooyoung. I was shocked.

            “Sooyoung-ni, what happened? Why are you crying?” I leaned down to hug her.

            “Sica-unni. I was just thinking. You’re so lucky to have Donghae-oppa. I wish some guy will one day love me like he loves you,” she sniffled. My heart melted when she said that.

            “Shh, you will find the perfect guy one day. Don’t despair, my love.” I her smooth hair and rocked her gently.

            “Unni, do you think Eunhyuk-oppa likes me? He mentioned once that he thought I was prettiest. But, I don’t know if he has feelings for me,” she glanced up shyly to look at me.

            “Wei~ Eun-Eunhyuk?” I looked at her. She sniffed and nodded. “Do you like him a lot?”

            “That time when we went to the café, I was so happy that he came too. But, he left so early, and I thought it was my fault. Whenever I see him, he wouldn’t look at me twice. It really hurts so much.”

            An idea began to form in my mind. I smirked into her hair and said, “Sooyoung, don’t worry. I will find a way. After all, my fiancé is his best friend.”

            I definitely will try my hardest to push those two together. This was perfect. I needed Eunhyuk out of the way and this was the best way to do so. I was helping out my sister, and I was getting rid of an annoyance. Life could not have handed me better cards. We walked out of the bathroom and I went to my room to change. Alone in my room, I cackled in delight.

             As I walked into Super Junior’s dorms, I heard Donghae say, “Hyukkie-ah. Come. Today, I’m going to sneak out and we’re going to the zoo together.” I smirked. What better way to push them together than to take them out on a blind date? I laughed with pleasure. Donghae, you are just working with me today. I snuck back out the door and went to get Sooyoung.

 

 

 

Oooh, what naughty plan in Jessica cooking up now? The drama never ends.

Readers, I have a bunch more drama coming up, and Eunhae is going to hate each other... I think. Please don't get bored. I hope I'm not overdoing it ^-^ Monkey Icons Yoyo Please don't yawn like this Monkey. I promise, I will try my best to make the ending worth it.

Zoo!! Yayayayayayay! I agree with all those who said those two belong there :) Adorable Fishy and Monkey~ Monkey Emoticon