Chapter 13 - I Give In

Monkey Love Fishy

 

E POV

            Ten days. I only had ten days to help my Hae. I ran back in and told Kyuhyun about this new development. He nodded and began to furiously type into the search engine, Lee Suyeob. Ten thousand hits popped up and I clicked on the first one.

Lee SuYeob, attorney at law, DNA scientist.

            I shared a glance with Kyu and we downloaded his address and information. I called Yoona and asked her to keep an eye on Jessica and maybe find out more information about this person. She agreed and we had nothing to do but wait. Besides, it was Super Junior M’s Comeback, so we had to go to China for three days. I casually asked Donghae if he could convince his mother to make the wedding in two weeks, because it wouldn’t be fair to prepare without him. They agreed. I now had fourteen days, well eleven to help my Fishy.

            The day before we were leaving for the airport, I went to SNSD dorms to check out the status with Yoona. When I was walking to her room, I heard Jessica say my name. Pausing, I stayed in front of her door. I heard derisive laughter and a sinking feeling overtook me.

            “Yeah! I’m so excited about the wedding. Hmm? How does the fiancé feel? Hahaha, he loves it! He’s totally thrilled.”

            I smirked to myself. Way to go Jessica, sarcasm. You and I both know Donghae hates this marriage.  I continued listening.

            “Does he know about what? That? No! And he’s never going to find out…” her tone dropped ominously. There was silence for a while before she responded. “Oh, that stupid boy? Donghae is only pretending to be unhappy. Because we all know Lee Hyuk Jae is terribly protective of my Donghae. Lately, he’s been a drama queen about everything and is avoiding Hae. But being the friends they are, Donghae is trying to act unhappy to get his sympathy.” She laughed cruelly.

            My mouth went dry and a throbbing pulse appeared in my head. My hands began to shake as I took in what Jessica said next. “Donghae knows the dancer is close to him and would help in times of need. So he’s just toying with his affections.”

            The delicately-structured glass wall I had built against my heart shattered. Donghae was only pretending to be in pain so I would be his friend again. You babo. How could you possibly think that Donghae would be upset about marrying Jessica Jung, the girl of his dreams? And Lee Donghae, you evil freak. How could you possibly think of toying with me like that? I sighed heavily. This is the sad story of my life.

            “Oppa?” I whirled around and saw Yoona standing in front of me. “Oppa! You're here! Great, come on, let’s go to my room.” She pulled me down the corridor.

            When we got there, she closed her door and took out the documents I gave her. “Oppa, I’m going to keep scanning and trying to match the authenticity of this. I might even try and meet this Lee SuYeob person. All I’m going to say is, oppa. Be confident, have fun in China and hwaiting! Leave this up to me.” She smiled winningly.

            I shook my head. “Yoona, we’re just wasting our time. Donghae wants this marriage. He isn’t in pain. He wants to be with Jessica. It’s okay. Just forget it.”

            Yoona looked at me with her eyes bulging. “Oppa! You’ve been so convinced, and Donghae-oppa isn’t going to lie to you! Have you not seen the tears he shed?”

            I smiled ironically. “He’s been in a drama, he can act. Maybe he just wanted me to talk to him again. That’s why he’s pretending. Yoona, I don’t wish to be in his way anymore. If he wants to be with Jessica, let him be. He deserves this happiness.”

            The smaller girl pouted at me. “Oppa, just because you give up doesn’t mean I am. I have Kyu to help me too!”

            I looked sadly at her eagerness. “Sorry, Yoona, but I’m sure Kyuhyun will agree with me too.” I walked out of the bedroom. As I passed Jessica’s room, I saw her coming out, snapping her phone shut with a knowing smile on her face.

Jessica POV

             I can't stand Lee Hyuk Jae. He's always in my way, he's always THERE. I don't understand why he has to be in love with Donghae. It's obvious that he is. I just don't want to tell Donghae, because I know my prince will get over emotional, and I do not need that two weeks before my wedding day. I need him focused and not thinking about the happiness of that ape. 

           I've always been in love with Lee Donghae. It's his happy smile and handsome reassured looks that inspire confidence in me. Back when we were trainees, I took every opportunity to talk to him. When we first went out, I was over the moon. But then he broke up with me once he joined SJM. He was "busy." But, now, he's back.

          I have so many anti-fans because of this, but what they don't understand is that the love I feel for Donghae is beyond anything they can ever feel. He inspires desire, happiness and a light-headed giddiness that makes me go crazy. I love staring into his chocolate eyes and his perfect symmetrical lips make me smile.

          But, Eunhae hurts me. I know it's not true... at least on my Donghae's part. So, I don't worry about it. Unfortunately, Donghae and him are best friends. So whenever that damn boy throws a fit and ignores him, he goes running back to comfort him. It's ridiculous to be jealous because my straight fiance will never like this twisted person. But, I still feel envious of their closeness. Like that day at the cafe. What right did he have to be mad at me? What right did he have to throw a fit and yell at Donghae for having PDA? It's obvious we're a happy couple in love. But when he stormed out, there was a hurt in Donghae's eyes that made me want to cry. So, I hate Eunhyuk.

         I couldn't help myself. When I overheard Yoona saying that he would arrive at our dorms, I staged a fake phone call with my sister. We both had scripts, and I knew exactly what to say. Because, I know he was trying to sabotage our marriage, and there was no way I was letting Hae go. I said things that I don't regret. I knew what I said would make Eunhyuk back off, and that's exactly what I wanted.

         When I walked out, I saw his despondent expression. I smirked and closed my phone shut.

        Mission Accomplished.

E POV

            When I got home, I pulled the maknae aside and told him what I heard from Jessica. He looked at me once and burst out into laughter. “Aish, hyung, do you really believe that? She obviously was lying. Any idiot can know Donghae-hyung doesn’t want to be with her. You are giving up too early. What type of friend are you? I’m disappointed.”

            I pushed him against the wall. “What did you say to me you insolent maknae? Are you not aware of the pain I feel right now? He lied to me! And I still love him. He’s going to marry another and I still look out for him. Do you know how deeply disturbed I am about this? I will willingly give up anything for him. How dare you accuse me of giving up? I’ve finally let him be!”

            Kyuhyun gave me a face of understanding. “Ah, hyung.” He uncharacteristically put his arms around me. “Hyung, I didn’t know. Ah, hyung. I’m not going to give up okay? I still think Jessica’s a fraud. Don’t cry. Shhh,” he soothed my back.

            I made sad little whimpers and shook my head furiously. “Believe what you want, but I think this time, I’m going to let him go. He needs his happiness and I can’t keep being an obstacle. Do what you want Kyuhyun-shi. But I think you’re wasting your time.”

            I, Lee Hyuk Jae, the one who never gives up, has finally given in.

            

 

That's it. Eunhyuk has given up. There really is no point in helping someone who was only pretending to be upset. That would make you the bad guy, trying to prevent happiness. Monkey Emoticons

Ooh, this chapter makes me sad. When my Monkey is sad, I am sad. And this giving up... aish.

I also have Jessica's point of view. EunhaeLove felt that it was important for me to let my readers have a connection with what Jessica was thinking. Thank you for your suggestion! I want to know what you guys think of Jessica's voice. I know some of you might think I made her too harsh, but Ice Princess she is!

So we're off to China~