Happiness does need pain

Complication

Sooyoung's POV

I quickly grabbed Sunny and went to her house. I even didn't think about anything anymore. I didn't want something bad happened to Jessica. The others followed me behind. "Slowly, Sooyoung. Slowly..." protested Taeyeon. But I didn't want to slower my pace. I let Sunny go then, I , myself ran to Sunny's house while the others walked behind me.

Surely, I arrived first. "Annyeong haseyo Ms. Choi" the servant greeted me politely. "Where is Jessica's room?" I asked to the point, didn't even greet him back. The servant raised his brow. Maybe he was curious why the hell I asked him Jessica's room as soon as I stepped in the house.

But, he directed me to Jessica's room, right beside Sunny's. "Thanks" I said. "You're wel-" even before he finished his words, I already came in. 

Jessica was lying weakly on the bed. She looked very uneasy and sweating all over her face. I stood right beside her bed to get a better look. Her face was so pale and her eyes were swollen and red. "Jessica..." I whispered. She turned her attention to me.

"What are you doing sooyoung?" She managed to talk. "Have you taken your medicine?" I ignored her question. She nodded hesitantly. "Yah! Ahjussi! Why don't you call the doctor?" I yelled to the servant who was still standing in front of the door.

"I have done, Miss..." he looked rustrated with my impolite attitude. Don't blame me! I'm in a brink of hysteria, looking at my girlfriend, umm... ex-girlfriend who is I love the most like this! 

"The doctor told me that I just too weary and really need a good rest, and to not have any things that burden me" Sica explained. I looked at her. "Do I... burden you?" I asked sadly. She didn't answer. "I don't know, sooyoung. All these things like... killing me slowly. To not be with you is hurting me. And it's all because... I love you" She said.

My tears were going to fall again, but I tried to hold it. "Tell me... what can I do to make you feel better?" I asked softly. Before she could answer, my best friends had arrived and came in.

"Jessica! Are you okay?" Yuri asked as they walked toward Sica's bed. "You can see yuri~ She's not okay..." I answered. "Aissh... be responsible sooyoung! You make her like this" Sunny said. "Yeah.. you're true" I muttered. "Mwoya? Yah! I'm just kidding!" She said.

"Kidding or not, you're still right. I'm the one who cause Jessica like this..." I said sadly. Jessica touched my hand. "It's not all yours. It's mine too" She said softly. "We aren't playing whose-fault-is-it. Jessica does need a rest!" Taeyeon said. We all agreed then came out from her room.

"Sooyoung..." Sica called me when the others had already left. "Waeyo Sica?" I answered and walked back toward her. "I... My life is shattered when I broke up with you.. A half of my heart is still yours. But... I don't know..." I interrupted her. 

"Ssst... Sica... You need a rest now. We will think and talk about it later, okay? Know that you still love me, is enough for me. So, I'm not the one who thinks like that too" I gave her my sweetest smile. "I believe, happiness does need pain" I said to her. She nodded.

"Take care, Jessica Jung. You must get well soon" I said as I covered her with the blanket. She slowly drifted off to sleep. "Saranghae..." I whispered and kissed her forehead. Then, I came out from the room. I smiled to myself although the tears I had held was flowing down. At least, she still love me.

Author's POV

After that, Jessica and Sooyoung had never met each other for 2 months. Sooyoung was in her new school now. Jessica wasn't as bad as before, but she was still very sad and sometimes daydreamed in class. 

One day, the day that changed everything....

"Sooyoung! Finally you go home!" Mrs. Choi quickly said when her daughter came home. "Why umma?" Sooyoung asked, a little surprised to find her mother was in home. "Your grandfather is sick. He is dying. We have to go to his house right now!" She said, panicing.

"Mwo? Grandpa? Ne, I will change my clothes first" Sooyoung said as she quickly went to her room and changed her clothes. Then, they went to Sooyoung's grandfather's house, which was still in Seoul.

All Lee's family were gathering in Mr. Lee's room, where he was lying weakly on the bed. Sooyoung occasionally threw glances to Jessica, and so did Jessica. Sunny giggled at how her cousins acted.

So, there they were. The huge family of Lee. Lee Hye Ji (fictional), Sooyoung's mother, and her daughter, Choi Sooyoung. Lee Soo Man, Song Yoo Hae (fictional), and their daughter, Lee Soon Kyu. Then, Jung Soo yeon, wo was alone because her parents were in America.

"I think... my time is so close now" Mr. Lee said, which made all of them surprised. "Grandpaaa don't say that... I know you will get well soon" Sunny said as she hugged her grandfather. She was the closest grandddaughter to him. 

"I have been living for 78 years. I'm tired" Mr. Lee said, smiling. "but appa..." Sooyoung's mother tried to say, but couldn't continue her words. "please listen to me. I have important things to be told" Mr. Lee said.

All of them stopped what they were doing. Sooyoung's mother stopped keeping Sooyoung's away from Jessica. Sooyoung stopped arguing her mom. Jessica stopped staring at sooyoung. And Sunny stopped hugging her grandp. They listened carefully.

"Too bad, my last daughter and her husband can't be here. So, I will tell to Jessica then" He started. All of them looked at Jessica. Jessica was startled. "I'm so sorry. jeongmal jeongmal mianhaeyo" Mr. Lee continued then coughed a little.

"Jessica, your umma... is not... my real daughter. I picked her from my best friends, who told me to take care of her But, I love her as I love my own daughter and son. And I love you as big as I love Sunkyu and Sooyoung" He stated and started coughing hard again.

All of them were dazed and didn't know what to talk. Until, Mr. Lee suddenly coughed very hard and there was red blood in his mouth. "Grandpa!!" Sunny squeaked hysterically. Then, he was unconscious. All of them were worried. Soo Man called ambulance, while the others tried to wake him up. 

The ambulance arrived 10 minutes later and took Mr. Lee to the hospital. All of them followed by their own vehicles. Mr. Lee was treated in emergency room, and they were forbidden to come in. None of them spoke any words until the doctor came out from the emergency room.

"How is it doc?" asked Sooyoung's mother, as the eldest daughter. The doctor shook his head. "Sorry. We have tried our best. But... God wants the different. Mr. Lee has... passed away" the doctor announced sadly. Sunny and Jessica squealed in disbelief.

"No way!!!" Sooyoung's mother screamed hysterically. Sooyoung tried to calm her mother. All of them were crying. "Grandpaaaa" Sunny cried while Jessica hugged her. Even the stern Lee Soo Man was crying also and his wife tried to cam her husband. Jessica quickly called her parents to tell them the news. But she felt weak and the phone slipped from her hand, slammed the floor hard.

What must I say?  Is it a SAD , because their grandpa is died?

Or is it HAPPY, because SooSica isn't cousin?

anybody is confused with the family?  Let me explain ^^

Mr. Lee, is the grandfather, from Sooyoung's mother's side.

Sooyoung's mother (Lee Hye Ji ) married to Choi Jung Nam (Sooyoung's father)

That's why, Sooyoung is 'Choi', not Lee.

Next, Lee Soo Man is the 2nd son, and married to Song Yoo Hae (fictional)

That's why Sunny is 'Lee'

The last, Jessica's mother, is Lee Soon Hee (fictional), who is actually not the real daughter.

She married to Jung Tae Sun (fictional )

That's why Jessica is 'Jung', not Lee.

And that's why 3 of them are cousin. 

At the first story, Sooyoung knows she has another cousin except Sunny , but she doesn't know who she is because Jessica is in America ,so Jessica  isn't close to any of her cousin, before she goes to Korea,

Very detail right? >w< 

If you have something you don't understand, feel free to ask, by commenting or posting in my wall ^^

And feel free also to criticize me , since I know I still have a bunch of mistake ^^