That Feeling in Your Stomach

That Feeling in Your Stomach [Oneshot]

            “No one believed me,” said Hyukjae in a huffy fit.

            “I’m not that surprised,” Donghae said. Hyukjae was pacing inside Donghae’s room, probably wearing down a hole in his cerulean blue carpet.

            “Everyone kept asking me who was that amazing dancer with me during the talent show, and when I say your name, they just smile sympathetically at me like I’m crazy or something and nod. Then they say to each other: ‘ah, it’s probably someone from another school but he just doesn’t want to reveal who it is for some reason’,” Hyukjae said.

            “I love their imaginations.” Donghae smiled, and gently dragged Hyukjae back to his bed for some cuddle time. It was also partly because, really, Hyukjae was killing his precious carpet with his bare feet.

            Hyukjae leaned into him, pressing their foreheads together. “It’s weird, because I want everyone to know about how gorgeous you are, but then I feel selfish sometimes and I just want to keep all that gorgeousness to myself. Am I contradicting myself here?”

            “A little,” Donghae said, then kissed Hyukjae to shut him up and also because he could. All the days of helplessly pining for Hyukjae were, thankfully, finally over. When they pulled away from each other, panting, Donghae brushed his finger against Hyukjae’s lips, marveling at its soft texture. He noted the slight constipated, frustrated look on Hyukjae’s face, realizing that he was still bothered by no one believing that Donghae could actually be kind of hot if he wanted to. Donghae felt a small idea form in his head. A small evil smile formed on his curled lips.

            “How about we show them more evidence? I’m just going to do this to make you happy, fyi. Also, you should know that I belong to you anyways. No worries there,” Donghae said. Hyukjae the corner of Donghae’s mouth like a dog to show his happiness.

            “Now excuse me while I wash the cheesiness cliché of I just said and your saliva from my mouth,” Donghae said, but Hyukjae stopped him from going anywhere by flopping both of them on the bed.

            Needless to say, they were occupied for a long while before they headed outside for a date that was supposed to start hours ago.

 

~oWo~

Perspective of a Female Student:

 

            So.      

            You were walking to school, mind numb because only five hours of sleep made your whole body feel like soft cheese. There was a horribly tasteless feeling in your mouth. You waved cheerlessly to your friends, but perked up a little when you guys walked in through the entrance because school meant that the Lee Eunhyuk would be there.

            You mentally sighed as your mind automatically conjured up his drool-worthy face and felt a fangirl scream threatening to come out of your mouth. Too bad he was taken though, by some guy named Donghae whose fashion sense made you feel like cringing and jumping off a cliff in despair. At least his glasses weren’t taped anymore. You didn’t think they made a good match together, but as a loyal Eunhyuk fan club member (although, really, almost every girl in school was in that club), you had to grudgingly accept them because Eunhyuk was somehow happy with him. That still didn’t stop you from sniffing endlessly in melancholy and gorging on a few cartons of ice cream that day Eunhyuk asked Donghae out in the middle of class (you were there, and your jaw probably dropped several feet onto the ground when that happened).

            But all thought of that incident was rapidly wiped off your mind when you walked into the hallway. You could feel your close friends freeze besides you, mirroring your action. There was a ing gorgeous guy gracing the hallway with his presence, walking down it like it was some kind of catwalk. He had a grey cashmere sweater that hugged his muscles, and a V-neck white shirt underneath that showed some chest but still not enough to satisfy you. His legs sported what looked like to be freaking leather pants on. And don’t get you started on his face features. His dark brown eyes immediately all the attention to him and his hair was swept artfully across his forehead. He was quirking his lips up, as if amused at the reactions he was getting from every student and a few teachers in the hallway.

            You were very glad your nose wasn’t bleeding, but you checked just in case some fluid came out of your nose as you admired the view.

            “Who is that?” Your best friend whispered to your group of friends, including you. They were all fanning themselves, as if the hotness was too much for them. It was probably too much; your face was getting heated just by looking at him. You couldn’t respond to your friend, because you didn’t know the answer yourself and partly because the new guy had just struck you sort of speechless.

            Then Eunhyuk brushed past you, and you were glad you didn’t faint. Because two really hot guys appearing in less than a few minutes was a bit too much for you to take. To your utter shock, he approached the hot stranger with his trademark gummy smile and sparkling eyes. The way he hugged him was familiar and jogged a piece of your memory. It was akin to how Eunhyuk treated Donghae, your subconscious provided to you.

            What really took the cake was when Eunhyuk cupped the face of the new hot guy and pressed their lips together.

            You think that maybe you and your friends have stopped breathing.

            What. The. . Had. Just. Happened?

            Your racing mind first thought that perhaps Eunhyuk had broken up with Donghae or something during the weekend and had gotten together with this guy, because obviously, who wouldn’t jump this hottie’s bones? But then Eunhyuk brushed a strand of hair behind the other’s ears (which was an action you have seen him do before, only with one other person). With one look at his loving eyes, you almost bit your tongue out in shock and realization.

            “Is that… Lee Donghae?” Your shaking voice was heard by your friends. They stared at you incredulously. Your best friend whipped her head back to the couple to examine who you were now convinced was actually Donghae.

            “He does look familiar,” she allowed after some more staring. Some of your friends laughed in a disbelieving manner.

            “You look beautiful today, Hae,” Eunhyuk’s voice almost echoed in the hallway because with that one statement, in a very rare occurrence in the school’s history, no one else was speaking. You thought you heard a pen dropping in the silence.

            Donghae smiled brightly back at his boyfriend and they tangled their hands together. When they finally disappeared from your sight, you turned to your friends.

            “I told you so,” you couldn’t help yourself form smugly saying. Many people were still standing there in a shell-shocked manner in the middle of the hallway.

            You actually started humming a little as you walked to your first class.

            After all, you had just found a new couple to ship.

 

~oWo~

           

            “You look like you’re going to be devoured alive by lions, Hyukkie,” Donghae said, slight amusement radiating off of him.

             “I think that sounds like a better prospect than what I’m going to go through next,” Hyukjae said, trying to get rid of the wrinkles in his clothes.

            Donghae was looking gorgeous, as usual. It didn’t really matter to Hyukjae what he was wearing anymore. After awhile, he knew he would take a few seconds to realize that there was a difference between glasses-Hae and no-glasses-Hae. The frenzied shock their school went through when Donghae showed up in a very snug-alicious attire made Hyukjae’s day though. When Donghae had reverted back to his normal fashions, a lot of the students had squinted at him, as if trying to determine if the hot version of Donghae had been a hallucination or a reality.

            “Earth to Hyukjaeeeee,” Donghae said.

            “Sorry. I’m trying not to think about my imminent doom.”

            “This can’t be worse than meeting my parents, Hyuk.”

            “Your parents,” Hyukjae said, “were very nice people.”

            “I think they liked you more than they liked me,” Donghae muttered. Hyukjae ignored him and continued on.

            “But just the thought of meeting your old friends scares the pants out of me.”

            “Really.” Donghae’s eyes practically twinkled and he waggled his eyebrows a bit (which creepily reminded Hyukjae of their student president). “Your pants, hmm?”

            “We’re in a public area, Hae.”

            “Heechul’s not that bad. Really!”

            Hyukjae just paled at the mere mention of that name.

            “I’ve heard rumors about him. Last time someone pissed him off, I heard that he painted that person’s boxers pink and hung him upside down on the flagpole,” Hyukjae hissed.

            “That was an exaggeration,” Donghae said. Hyukjae brightened slightly, but then Donghae kept going. “He only hung him upside down on that statue in front of our school. The flagpole was way too high to reach.”

            Hyukjae slouched back down with a hopeless expression on his face. “I’m going to die. I’m going to be tortured for dating his favorite dongseang. I think I’ll be drowned in the deepest pits of hell just for loving you.”

            Donghae’s back suddenly shot straight up. “Say what?”

            Hyukjae retraced his thoughts. What had he said? He was ranting about being tortured, and then…

            “Erm,” Hyukjae said, because he had just put his heart out on the line and he wasn’t sure if he could get it back.

            “Really?” Donghae breathed.

            Hyukjae just kind of nodded helplessly. There were a few painful seconds while Donghae opened and closed his mouth like a fish.

            Hyukjae was finally saved when Donghae grinned. “I love you, too, pabo.”

            “Aish, you didn’t need to add the pabo after that!” Hyukjae said, but he kissed his boyfriend gratefully anyway. The scent of Donghae assaulted his senses, and he got lost in him. Donghae’s arms had wound themselves around Hyukjae’s neck.

            “Now, now, isn’t this just a wonderful way to start our reunion?” A bitingly sarcastic voice broke them apart.

            “Heechul hyung!” Donghae flushed but looked deliriously happy nevertheless.

            “It’s been awhile, Donghae. Jump into my welcome arms, my daughter!” The pretty looking guy who had just interrupted their make out fest was throwing his arms open. Donghae flung himself at who Hyukjae assumed was Heechul.

            “Where’s Hankyung hyung?” Donghae asked after Heechul had squeezed him to death.

            “He got distracted with some street dancers along the way,” Heechul grumbled.

            Donghae smiled thoughtfully. “I think I know where that is. I’ll go get him.” He said to Hyukjae: “I’ll be right back!”

Donghae left before Hyukjae could flash him the save-me-I’m-going-to-die expression. Heechul turned his laser-beam attention onto the hapless Hyukjae. Heechul sneered in a manner that was obviously practiced in front of a mirror many times.

            “So you are Hyukjae, hmm?” Heechul said.

            Hyukjae tried to look like he wasn’t quivering like a cowardly Jell-O on the inside. “It’s nice to meet you, Heechul-ssi. Donghae speaks highly of you.”

            “He better.” Heechul raised a fine eyebrow and clamped his hand kind of painfully on Hyukjae’s shoulder. He lowered his voice. “If I find out that you make him cry one tear, made him feel pain in any way, or do anything I wouldn’t approve to him, I will personally hunt you down like a wolf. And believe me, I have very excellent sources.”       

            Hyukjae boneless-ly nodded. Heechul smirked and took a step away from him, and Hyukjae thanked the gods that he was still alive. For now.

            “You haven’t been threatening my Hyukjae, have you, Heechul hyung?” Donghae said when he returned towing an Asian man behind him.

            “I think it’s obvious that he did,” the newcomer said with a quirk of his brow.

            “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Heechul said, wandering to stand next to the Asian guy. “I’m innocent.”

            “This is Hankyung,” Donghae introduced. “Hankyung, Hyukjae. Hyukjae, Hankyuuung.”

            Hyukjae smiled at Hankyung, relieved because he didn’t seem as scary as Heechul.

            “Time to go shopping for some food,” Heechul announced, dragging Hankyung by the hand to a nearby food cart. Hyukjae and Donghae trailed behind.

           

            Hyukjae leaned on Donghae’s head, which was being supported by Hyukjae’s shoulder. After saying goodbye to the Hanchul couple, the two had sat down in a train station to await their ride home.

            “Donghae-ssi?” A couple of girls suddenly stopped in front of them. They giggled and one of them clapped very excitedly. “I can’t believe you’re here!”

            Donghae blinked his eyes open from the tiny nap he was taking. “Oh. Ah. It has been awhile.”

            “We missed you at our school,” one slightly blushing girl said while brushing away invisible dust from her skirt.

            Another girl immediately squealed, cutting the other girl off. Hyukjae had a deja-vu moment to the fangirls back at his school. “Oppa, you look great with those glasses!”

            Donghae smiled self-consciously but confidently. “Thanks.”

            “Is that your friend?” A girl with blond highlights asked.

            “Hyukjae’s my boyfriend,” Donghae smiled with a tint of pride while intertwining their fingers together.

            A few of the girls blinked in shock. The girl who had clapped excitedly before smirked and said, “You two look pretty good together.”

            Donghae and Hyukjae politely accepted the compliment. Donghae laughed into his hand when they had boarded the train.

            “Mr. Popularity,” Hyukjae . Donghae bit his bottom lip, and Hyukjae held himself back from French kissing him in the middle of a crowded train compartment.

            “I could say the same to you,” Donghae shot back. They both smiled, knowing that all that popularity didn’t really matter as long as they had each other.