Queenka?

Why Don't You Just Jump?

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSb_PkI77UQ


I was a zombie for the remainder of the week until school closed. I just couldn’t believe it. If someone had told me they had seen JunHong kissing HyoSung I wouldn’t have believed them but I saw it with my own two eyes. I felt like there was nothing left to do with my life, I didn’t want to go back to the way things were without JunHong. It was ridiculous how happy he had made me. Even my parents had noticed the change. Normally when JongUp went out with his friends I would just shut myself in my room but when JunHong was around I had someone else to be with that made me happy.

After avoiding JunHong for the rest of the week I was finally at home looking forward to my Christmas vacation without looking around corners. I slumped facedown into the couch in the living room. I don’t know for how many days I repeated the practice of laying in the couch for the whole day but one day I heard JongUp humming as he came into the living room. He saw me and sighed.

“Saya, why don’t we go do something?” he asked for the hundredth time.

“I told you. I’m not going outside unnecessarily.”

“You can’t hide from him forever.”

“Watch me.”

“Saya, please just try to get over him!”

“How can you be so insensitive? Do you know how I feel when I see his face?”

“No, I don’t know but you can’t sulk around like the world is over. You had a life before JunHong.”

“No, I didn’t. Everything before I meet him…and don’t say his name.”

“Everything ?”

“Not you…”

“Right. You need to get out of that couch and do something.

“Leave me alone…”

“Shisus…”JongUp muttered and walked away.

I didn’t care. He needed to understand that I needed time. My phone started ringing but I didn’t even look at it. I knew who it was. He wouldn’t stop calling me, leaving messages, texting me, throwing rocks at my window…you name it. Did he really think he could have me and HyoSung? I scoffed into the couch. I heard footsteps.

“Oppa I told you to leave me alone.”

“If you would turn your lazy self over you would see that this is your umma.”

I grumbled.

“Saya, we’ve invited Ms. Choi over for Christmas dinner.”

“WHAT?”

“And you know that tomorrow is Christmas Day right?”

How…? I vaguely recalled my parents pulling me out to go Christmas shopping but this whole vacation was a blur.

“If you would talk to anyone in this house you would know that.” She left in a huff and I reluctantly turned myself over. I obviously wasn`t going to get any peace in this room so I shuffled up to my room.

 

(JunHong`s POV)

I was literally pulling my hair out. Saya was acting like I didn't exist and never had. She was driving me crazy but I was kind of pissed too. Why wouldn’t she hear me out? Did she have that little faith in me? Didn’t she know I would never cheat on her? Hadn’t she seen the shock on my face when HyoSung kissed me? Worse yet, I was joining Saya’s family for Christmas dinner. I had no idea how she would act. I dialled her number again. No luck. I left another heartfelt message in her inbox.

 

(Saya’s POV)

I reluctantly pulled on a pretty red and white party dress and my sparkling red heels. My mom was forcing me to look bright and pretty so I didn’t bring down the mood at the party. Honestly, I didn’t want to go but she demanded that I did. I was setting the table when I heard the doorbell ring. I gritted my teeth as my mom hustled to answer the door. Soon everyone entered the kitchen and we all sat. I kept my head down as the happy chatter of my parents, Ms. Choi and JongUp started up. I felt like this dinner would never end. I didn’t want to be here. I politely asked to be excused and went outside to get some fresh air. Lost in my thoughts, I didn’t hear JunHong coming up behind me.

“Saya…”

I jumped about a foot high then turned around to see him. I tried to walk around him but he gripped my arm.

“Saya, please, won’t you even hear what I have to say?”

I angrily ripped my arm out of his grasp.

“Are you serious? Listen to you? Why? What could you possibly say? I SAW YOU KISSING HER!”

“She kissed me! I didn’t kiss her!”

“I’m shy, not stupid, JunHong.”

“How could you have such little faith in me? Do you really think I would want to be with anyone besides you?”

“I wouldn’t have thought that but I saw you! Just stop lying!”

“Shisus, Saya, how could you think I’m like that? I would never cheat on you!”

I was starting to get really angry. Angrier than I had ever been.

“You’re really pissing me off, JunHong! If you think you can have two girls then you’re –”

“Well, you’re pissing me off too! I thought you knew me!”

“I thought I did too but obviously we were both wrong! Just – just stay away from me? Okay?” I quickly ran back inside before he could say anything or hold me back. I hurried up to my room and shut and locked the door.

*************************************************************************************

When school began again I went back to shuffling around the school with my head down. I ate with JongUp or on my own. To my disgust, JunHong got more and more popular. Girls offered him gifts and confessed to him every day. They were out of luck though because HyoSung was always stuck to his side. It irked me to the highest degree that despite what he had done to me he continued to be liked by more and more people. I wasn’t the only person that was pissed though. Just two weeks after school had reopened HimChan plopped down next to me while I was eating alone.

“You better go away before my brother catches you with me.”

He shrugged without looking at me and bitterly stabbed his salad with his fork. Ok……I didn’t ask what was wrong because I knew he would tell me anyway.

“I freaking hate that Zelo kid.”

I looked up. Was JunHong permanently going by Zelo now? Whatever. What did that matter to me? I looked back down to my food.

“Do you know what people are saying? They think he should be the kingka instead of me!”

“Why are you telling all of this to me HimChan?”

“Who else am I supposed to tell? You’re the only that can help me.”

I stayed silent.

“Everyone knows what happened with you and JunHong.”

“What’s your point?” I asked through gritted teeth.

“I want you to help me and after he cheated on you this will help you too.”

“You’re not making any sense!” I was too on edge these days to sit through this kind of cryptic conversation.

“Listen everyone wants Zelo to be the kingka and I think that automatically makes HyoSung the queenka since she’s like a leech on him. The thing is right now they have no competition. I can’t take them both on, even with my good looks. I need you, Saya. I need you to become the queenka and be with me. Then I’m sure there’s no way JunHong will become the kingka.”

“So you want to use me?”

“No, I don’t. Like I said, this isn’t just for me. I…I think you need this. Ever since you and Zelo stopped being together you’re even worse than you were before. When you were alone before you still seemed content; now you just look downright miserable, even when you’re with JongUp.”

I ignored his accurate observation. “But since when did you start to care about my well-being? After you tried to force yourself on me?”

“Actually, yes.”

I held my head in my hands. What? I was too stressed these days.

HimChan reached across the table and took my hand. “I realize that I was wrong and I promise I won’t ever try that with you again. I thought I was over you but when I saw you with Zelo I realized I still had feelings for you. And…I know it sounds pathetic but being the kingka is all I have and this title actually means a lot to me. Even if you won’t really be my girlfriend at least pretend and help me get my title back.”

I looked at HimChan. He actually looked desperate. But why should I help him? He had never done anything for me…had he? I had been happy with him until he tried to have with me. He had a funny, cute, charming side but he also had a dark and dangerous side. I thought about JunHong or Zelo or whatever he was calling himself these days. It upset me to see him still flourishing when I was pining away. Actually, it made me insanely angry. Maybe I had some kind of problem.

 If I became the queenka I could show him what he had passed up on. I would be pretty, confident, popular and I would have HimChan by my side. If I was JunHong I’d get pretty pissed if the girl I cheated on became the queenka. And that was what I wanted right now: to see JunHong feeling just as dejected as I was.

I took a deep breath. “Kim HimChan, I will be your queenka.”