The Dance - Part 2

Why Don't You Just Jump?

 

When I stomped back inside to my table DaeHyun was still there now with a cute guy with fluffy blond hair. He looked familiar…

“Where have you been?” HimChan asked.

“I just needed some air,” I said, sitting down. Then I remembered where I knew that guy from. His name was Yoo YoungJae and he had asked me out more than once. Of course, I said no.

“I see you’ve been doing well, Suzy.”

I smiled tightly and Youngjae proceeded to converse with DaeHyun.

“You’ve missed so many popular kids,” HimChan whispered. “What took you so long? Everyone wanted to meet you.”

I shrugged.

“Are you ok?”

Before I could answer, a large group of people appeared at our table. I sighed. This was going to be a long night.

***********************************************************************************

By midnight I was exhausted. I hadn’t done any dancing but talking to all these different people was tiring, especially when most of them had horrible personalities. The DJ for the dance announced the last song and everyone got up from the table.

“See you on Monday!” They chorused. I smiled weakly and waved. I started to head for the door when HimChan held my hand.

“Let’s dance.”

He pulled me onto the dance floor. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist. I was tired so I rested my head on his chest. We moved around slowly in circles. I spotted JongUp with a pretty, black-haired girl held securely in his arms. I smiled to myself. Had my picky oppa finally found a girl? HimChan stopped moving and I looked up at him to see why. He was staring at me with those eyes that could be both beautiful and frightening. He started to lean his face down to mine.

My brain told me to push him away, that I couldn’t trust him, that I should get away from him while I still could, but I didn’t listen. I let HimChan kiss me. He was my first kiss and still the only person I had ever kissed. The way his lips moved was still familiar to me and I automatically kissed him the way I remembered he liked. We broke apart when the emcee announced that the dance was over. I automatically looked over to where I remembered JongUp was. He wasn’t paying any attention to me though. He only had eyes for the pretty girl still holding onto him. I breathed a sigh of relief. HimChan turned my face back to him.

“How was that?” he asked me.

I bit my lip and looked away. I couldn’t lie, it was a great kiss. HimChan smirked.

“It’s ok. I know you liked it. Can I take you home?”

“Oh…uh…JongUp is taking me home.”

“Why don’t you let him spend some time with his date? I’ll take you home.”

I looked over at JongUp again. He was laughing with the girl as they walked to the exit. He didn’t seem ready to leave her yet and I didn’t want to be the one to make my oppa leave his date.

“Ok, I’ll just let him know…”

We walked out into the cool night air. I cautiously walked over to where JongUp was talking with his date.

“Ah, Saya! Minzy, this is my little sister, Saya.”

She bowed and I did as well. “It’s nice to finally meet you,” Minzy said, “JongUp always talks about you.”

“Mianhe~” JongUp said to both of us and we laughed.

“Are you ready to go home?” JongUp asked.

“It’s ok. You can stay with Minzy unnie, HimChan will take me home.”

JongUp started laughing. “Yeah, right. I’m not letting him take you home.”

“But I don’t want to take you away from Minzy unnie!”

“No, it’s fine!” Minzy said, “I totally understand. Go ahead, JongUp-ah.”

JongUp smiled thankfully at her. “I’ll call you when I get home.”

Minzy smiled and nodded. “Annyeong!” She waved and she was off.

“Let’s go,” JongUp said.

“Well at least let me tell HimChan you’re taking me home.”

JongUp shrugged and I walked back over to HimChan.

“I’m sorry but JongUp won’t let you take me home.”

“Figures,” HimChan muttered then he suddenly brightened. “Wait, can I take you home if he’s with us?”

“Wouldn’t that be kind of awkward?”

“I don’t care. I want to take you home.”

He took my hand and we walked back over to JongUp.

“Listen, PunkChan,” JongUp started, “I said you can’t –”

“Relax~ let’s all go together!” HimChan said brightly.

“Are you serious?”

“Yup! Gaja!”

JongUp rolled his eyes. He walked behind HimChan and me all the way home and I could feel his eyes boring into our backs. He may have accepted that HimChan was helping me but he still didn’t trust him. I was even more relieved he hadn’t seen us kiss. Unfortunately when we got home my mother was waiting on the doorstep.

“Omo!!!  Saya, is this your new boyfriend?!” She squealed. Before I could make HimChan leave she hustled down the steps and came running our way. “He’s so handsome! You chose well dear!”

HimChan bowed continuously, thanking my mother for the compliments.

“But how are you getting home HimChan-ah?” my mom asked.

“I’ll just call my parents –”

“Nonsense! Let me drive you home! And Suzy will join us! Just let me get my keys!” My mother jogged back inside. JongUp snickered as he went inside.

“I like your umma,” HimChan said.

I rolled my eyes. “You love anyone that flatters you, HimChan.”

“Hey, I think it’s about time we got nicknames for each other ^^”

“PunkChan isn’t good enough for you?”

HimChan’s face fell. “No. I’m going to call you…tokki! Because you used to run away from people just like one, and your front teeth, they’re really cute, just like a rabbit’s.”

I consciously touched my front teeth. JongUp and I had inherited them from our dad.

“So what are you going to call me?”

“Hmm, how about –”

“Alright~ Let’s go~” My mom sang happily.

HimChan happily skipped to the car while I trudged reluctantly behind him and my overexcited mother.

The ride to HimChan’s house mainly consisted of HimChan and my mom discussing the latest fashion and makeup trends. To my horror, HimChan invited my mom to join his mom in her “fashion discussion nights”. My mom all too happily obliged. Great. 


Thank you all for commenting so much :D It makes me so happy! XD and next chapter we'll find out exactly why Saya and HimChan broke up in the past :3