Beautiful voice

Best place

 

"Morning hyungs!" Taemin said when he entered the living room after he took a shower and saw his hyungs sitting on the sofa or on the floor, like always.

"Morning, Taem", Key said. "You look happy. What happened?"

"Nothing, I just feel good today." He walked to the kitchen to drink water and thought about last night.

Flashback.

Taemin threw himself on the sofa. He was exhausted after the dance. His eyes felt heavy so he closed them and was half asleep when he felt strong arms lifting him up and carrying him bride style. He opened one eye a little and saw Minho. He could hear Minho's heartbeat and feel his warmth.

Minho put Taemin in his bed and Taemin pretended to be asleep. Minho put a cover over him and Taemin waited for him to go out so he could get comfortable when he felt something soft against his lips and realized it was Minho's lips. Taemin could feel his face heat up but he didn't dare to move. Then he heard Minho walk out, turn the light off and close the door. And Taemin feel asleep with a smile on his face.

End of flashback.

"Hey what are you doing spacing out?"

Taemin jumped and almost dropped his glass when he heard Key's voice from behind him.

"Hyung, you scared me", Taemin said and placed a hand on his heart.

"I can see that", Key chuckled. "What where you thinking about?"

"Nothing", Taemin said and placed the glass in the sink.

Key sighed. "Help me set the breakfast on the table." Key made soup and Taemin set the plates and glasses on the table.

When the breakfast was ready was ready everyone sat around the table and began to eat. Taemin felt Minho glancing at him from time to time but pretended he didn't notice.

"You fell asleep so fast that we didn't get a chance to talk about yesterday", Onew said.

"Yeah, you where great yesterday Taemin. But when did you become so dirty?" Jonghyun said with soup in his mouth. Key hit him on the back of his head.

"Yah! I told you to swallow before you talk."

Taemin looked at him like he didn't understand so Jonghyun continued after he swallowed his soup. "First you go around shirtless and then you screw the stage."

Yep, Jonghyun could be dirty sometimes. "Shut up", Taemin said. "It was part of the dance." If he could then he would have thrown a plate in Jonghyun's head.

"But why didn't you tell us that you where gonna dance?" Minho said but didn't look at Taemin. That made Taemin feel like he done something wrong.

"I wanted to see you faces", Taemin smirked. "You should have seen yourselves, you looked really surprised."

"I didn't know you could dance. Your really talented, plus you can sing too", Key said smiling.

"You can sing too?" Minho looked surprised at Taemin. What more doesn't he know? Next might be that he is a prince cause he really looked like one.

"No! I really can't sing", Taemin said and became embarrassed that Key heard him that day.

"He's really good", Key said and ignored Taemin's protests.

"Can't you sing for us?" Onew asked.

"No way!"

"Please, just this once", Minho said in a soft voice that Taemin couldn't resist.

"Fine, just this once, after breakfast." Taemin finally gave up, or else he would have got a headache from all the nagging.

When they finished breakfast and Key washed the dishes they all sat in the living room on the floor to hear Taemin sing. Taemin picked one of his favourite songs, 'E.R with 'Dalmatian'. It was quiet. He searched for a karaoke version on his phone and played it. He closed his eyes out of nervousness and started to sing:

'My coldly abandoned heart is trapped in a black tunnel. Where do I have to go? I'm paused at this signal. When you coming back - I wait a day or two. But there's no answer, just another echo. I can't bear this scar that opened up again and became bigger. I stay up all night calling out your name. Whenever I see you I want you to stay, stay, stay. I hate myself for letting you go. Come back to me, back to me, chokin' now, I told you back to me. I'll be waiting, I'll be there. At that place, I'll be there. This pain, these painful tears, I can hold it all back. As I dance I'll be there. As I smile, I'll be there. I'll be waiting for you at that street where you smiled for the last time. Emergency, emergency. Emergency, I'll be there for you.'

Taemin's eyes started to water but he kept it all in. In this song they sing about losing the person you love. And it felt like he didn't have anyone to trust.

He never even told Kai about what happened, he was afraid he would lose his only friend.

After the song ended he was shaking slightly and was holding back his tears. He had to be strong.

He felt the same strong arms from yesterday wrapped around him.

"It's ok. Relax." Minho kept saying those calming things.

After Taemin stopped shaking he just sat there with Minho's arms around him. It felt nice and at the same time safe.

"Taemin, your voice is beautiful", Minho whispered to Taemin.

After a long silence Jonghyun broke the silence.

"I know what we can do! We can go to the beach!" He almost shout, making everyone jump.

"Yes, then we can buy ice-cream!" Onew said.

They all agreed to go to the beach and got their swimming trunks. Taemin didn't have any so Key gave him. The also got towels and packed everything in bags.

Minho drove, like always. They talked about lots of things and tried to get Taemin in conversations but he was in his own world, listening to music on his phone and looking out the window.

When they arrived half an hour later they walked into changing rooms to change to swimming trunks. When Taemin walked out he froze as soon as he saw Minho's bare chest. Thank God he was talking to Key and didn't notice Taemin staring at his abs.

                                        **************************************************************************

Hey, again. I tink I'll be updating once a week, every weekend. don't know :P