Adrienne: Multinational Independent Super Star

You Make Me Tingle

YO!!!!!! Okay, so next chapters up :D The BGM will be Lady Gaga - Poker Face

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I woke to my mum vacuuming. I groaned and looked at my clock, my audition was in three hours. I climbed out of bed and headed to the bathroom for a shower.
 
I was relaxed once I was out of the shower. I decided to dry my hair and pin it up, it's only get in my way. Once done, I picked out my clothes. Skinny black jeans, boots in Gray, a nice modest but not to masculine t-shirt and a Grey, fake leather jacket. I was ready. I wondered down into the living room. My dad sat reading the paper and my mum was dishing out breakfast. I wasn't hungry. "Adrienne, you must eat." She warned.
"If I eat, I'll throw up." I admitted.
I was really nervous. I smiled timidly and sat to watch TV.
 
My mum and dad drove me to the audition and waited with me. I was glad they were their, I go stir crazy waiting on my own. They were just as nervous as I was. My dad squeezed my hand as my turn drew closer. There were two more people before me and then I'd be in. They were two girls, I'd heard them rehearsing, one couldn't sing a not in tune, she was just there because she could dance. The other could sing, and couldn't dance. That wasn't good, U-Kiss were an all singing, all dancing boy band if you couldn't what point was there to auditioning and if you couldn't dance, take some lessons and come back. The dancer went in and a new set of butterflies grew in my stomach, my knees started bouncing. I started to breathe in and out to calm myself down, it was working very well.
 
A couple of minutes went by and the singer was called in. That dancer had come out looking disappointed. Do they tell you if you're picked here and then? Or was it that she got no reaction from the manager and producers. Either way, she didn't look hopeful. I took a deep breath to help calm myself, I was getting wound up. "Relax, akachan, you'll be fine." soothed my mum.
I smiled.
 
The singer came out, I couldn't tell what she was feeling. She hid her face, not usually a good sign. "Choi Adrienne." called the organizer.
I stood and took a deep breath, I smiled at my family and walked with the organizer woman to the room. She gave me and encouraging smile before leaving me to enter the room. I took another deep breath and pressed on the door handle, the room inside was well lit and bright, three people were sat at a desk writing noted on a clip board. They looked up as I entered. The man on the left introduced himself. "Hello, I'm the producer of U-Kiss. Could you please tell me your name?" He smiled.
"Choi Adrienne." I bowed.
"And how old are you Choi?" he asked, while writing on the board.
"I'm 20." I smiled.
"Good. What is your nationality, you seem to have a European stance and Asian features." I was curious.
"Well, I'm a mixture. I have Chinese, Korean and Japanese in me. But my father was actually born in Italy and myself was born in England." I smiled.
"Impressive.So how many languages can you speak?" He smiled.
"Six. Five of which I am fluent." I replied politely.
"And these are?" He was still writing on the clip board.
"English, Korean, Italian, French and Japanese." It seemed to be going well.
"Very good. We've heard all we need to her. Can we have your first song please and its name?" Smiled the second man in the room.
"Of course, my first song is in English and it will be Poker Face by Lady Gaga." and I began my song.
 
I was so pleased when I left the audition room and got home. I hadn't told my parents the great news, but now we were home, I could tell them freely. "Okay, so what happened?" Asked my mum.
"The U-Kiss manager told me I wasn't getting into U-Kiss, instead they all decided to give me a solo project. I will have the same manager as U-Kiss and he told me I will more than likely be sharing a dorm with them or will be next door to them. They already have my stage name picked out." I was on cloud nine.
"Sweet heart! I'm so proud of you! What's your stage name?" My mum beamed.
"A:MISS. It's an abbreviation of Adrienne: Multinational Independent Super Star." I clapped.
"Akachan!" Squealed my mum.
I was so happy. Being a musician had always been a dream of mine. I'd reached that dream and I wasn't about to let it slip away because of a few technicalities. I hadn't take music for two years in college and spent my last one on Performing arts, just to lose this opportunity to the fact that I was not playing with a live band and that I was solo.
 
I was going to like it here in South Korea after all. As long as I reached mu ultimate dream, to become known in my home country. That was what I longed for. And I would do it.