Another Trip to the RB

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

"Haejung, please will you just talk to me.." Chen tried, touching Haejung on her shoulder.

Haejung shook his hand off and glared at him. "Don't. Touch. Me." she hissed.

She grabbed her books from the locker and slammed it shut, glaring at him. The students in the hallway jumped at the noise and watched as their goddess-like Haejung stomped away to catch up with the other EXO-M boys, ignoring Chen.

Chen watched her with a sinking heart. What was he to do to make her talk to him again?

Xiumin patted Chen on the back. "Be patient. It's a big blow to her." he comforted.

Chen grabbed his hair, not minding how he looked. "Yes it is but...do you know how ridiculous it is?" he asked. "Luhan is a robot. The Luhan we knew is just a fruit of the advancement of technology. It's as if she's getting heartbroken over a laptop or a hair dryer. Can you see how ridiculous this is?"

Xiumin's eyes dimmed. "Yes. It is ridiculous. But it's hard for her to see Luhan as a robot. It's hard for us too."

Xiumin sighed and looked at Chen. "Give her some time to get used to this. We are all affected by the loss, especially her. She's the one who spent the most time with Luhan and she fell for him, Chen. She fell. You can't imagine how that's going to hurt."

Chen closed his eyes. "Yes I can. I've been feeling it for a long time." he muttered.

"What?" Xiumin blinked.

Chen shook his head. "Nothing." he mumbled. He followed after the other members, his eyes fixed on Haejung's figure. Her lethargic, sad and solemn figure.

He hated how she looked right then. He hated it.

He fell in love with the Haejung who laughed and smiled, the Haejung whose eyes glittered when she giggled, the Haejung whose face was an exact mirror to what she was feeling.

That Haejung was nowhere to be seen.

He wanted to get angry with Luhan for doing this to her. If Luhan didn't appear and Haejung didn't fall for him, this wouldn't have happened.

But he was the one who had tipped the RB company off. He was the cause of her misery.

The Chen who would do anything to make Haejung smile, this Chen had caused her to cry.

This was what made it worse for him to bear. He wanted to hate Luhan but he couldn't deny that he had formed brotherly attachments with that robot.

And it was Luhan who brought Haejung to them. It was Luhan who had tied the bonds between them.

Chen wanted to shout. Why was this so complicating?



--------



Chen kept his eyes on Haejung's figure. The boys decided to send Xiumin to take Luhan's original seat so that Haejung didn't feel as lonely.

The other students were curious why Luhan wasn't there that day and why the atmosphere seemed tense between the EXO-M members. But when asked, none of the boys said anything.

Xiumin tried his best to be funny and did everything he could to be as comical as he could. He did his bun expressions a zillion times but Haejung never laughed like she usually did anymore.

She sighed after some time. "Xiumin, you don't need to do this." she muttered. "Thanks for trying but you can stop."

Xiumin stopped in the middle of his bun face and pouted. "Haejung..."

Haejung faked a smile. "I'm fine really." she assured. "So let's just pay attention to the lesson huh? You don't want to fail right?"

She turned towards the screen again and appeared to be listening to the lesson again. But Chen knew better.

When Haejung listened, she wrote notes furiously, her hands would never stop. Haejung didn't even hold her pen in her hands right then. She was just staring into space.

Chen couldn't take it any longer.

He found the chance to talk to her during break. The rest of the boys were at the cafeteria having lunch when Haejung went to the restroom.

Lay was talking about treating the rest of them drinks when Tao blurted how it had always been Luhan who did that. Haejung's face immediately fell and her bottom lip wobbled, obviously on the verge of crying.

Chen followed her to the restroom and waited outside. She appeared a few moments later, her eyes red and sniffling.

She was startled when she saw Chen waiting out there and she glared at him, turning up her nose and turning to leave.

Chen grabbed her arm. "Haejung, we have to talk." his voice sounded pained.

Haejung stared up at him, biting her lips. She slowly nodded, staring at the ground. Chen felt a sudden relief that she would talk to him, and he led her to the school garden.

She sat down on the wooden bench and stared at the grass. "What do you want to talk about?"

Chen sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "Haejung, I know you're mad at me for telling the RB company about the two of you, but you've got to understand. I thought you didn't know he was a robot."

"What's wrong with a robot?" Haejung hissed defensively.

Chen quickly touched her arm and she tugged her hand away. "Haejung, I thought you fell in love with a guy and you didn't know he wasn't human. I was trying to protect you."

Haejung stared at the ground. True. But still.

"What I'm trying to say I that," Chen sighed. "You've got to try to move on, Haejung. There are other better guys around. Other better...human guys."

"Like me." he whispered.

Haejung's head snapped up and she looked at him in surprise, wondering if she heard wrong. Chen bit his lip. "I like you, Haejung. I didn't act on my feelings because I thought Luhan Hyung liked you. But that was before I knew he was a robot. If I had known he was just wasting your time-"

"Luhan wasn't a waste of time." Haejung immediately defended.

Chen frowned. "Haejung I understand if you can't accept me this quickly. But why just you torture yourself over a robot? If they just erase his database, he'll not remember you."

"He already doesn't." Haejung whispered.

Chen's eyes widened. "What?" Haejung swallowed. "I went to the RB company yesterday. They erased his memory. He doesn't know who I am."

Chen flinched and wrapped his arms around her. "Oh Haejung."

Haejung struggled not to cry but it was getting harder and harder. The tears were cascading down and she couldn't stop them. "He doesn't remember me, Chen. He forgot all about us. I can't...I can't..."

Chen rubbed her arms soothingly. "But Haejung, you've got to get used to the fact that Luhan hyung's a robot and when he says he loves you, it's not true."

Haejung tore away from him, viciously wiping away her tears. "I don't believe he's a robot."

Chen frowned. "But he is! He's from that darn company and he knows it himself and-"

"But that's the thing that has been bothering me." Haejung frowned at him. "Can you honestly say you believe Luhan is a robot? I believe in our technology but a robot do flawlessly human like Luhan? I don't believe it."

"But Haejung if you'll just stop fooling yourself-"

"You don't know about it don't you." Haejung cut him off. "Luhan fell sick a few days ago. He caught my cold and fever. Can a robot fall sick? I don't believe so. I don't believe the guy who told me do earnestly that he loves me, I don't believe that guy is a robot. I don't know what kind of sorcery this is, but I don't believe this."

She got up from the seat. "If you refuse to believe in my views, don't talk to me."







Chen his lips nervously as he pushed the rubbish cart.

He was at the RB company. He thought about Haejung's words for a long time and he kind of agreed.

Luhan was too flawlessly human. Human technology can never be able to replicate human nature that closely at current standards.

Which was why he found where the company was located and tried to sneak in when his attempts to go in by the front failed.

The guards let him in as he dressed up in a cleaner's costume and he tread around carefully. The place was like a ghost town.

Chen went around every level to check and he found several labs and scientists. But he didn't see any robots.

Chen finally got to the top level and he opened a door. There were six boys in there, familiar faces.

Chen's eyes widened. He recognized those faces from the RB website. "Suho, Chanyeol, D.O., Kai, Sehun, Baekhyun." he gasped, memorizing the robot's names.

He quickly closed the door and gulped. He found them. So where was Luhan.

Searching the entire floor, he didn't find Luhan in any other unlocked rooms. Chen frowned. What now?

At this point, a man in a red tux came out of a room made of metal door. Once the door opened, Chen heard shouts and screams from inside.

His eyes widened and he stifled a gasp as he angled his head for a better view.

He saw Luhan trapped in a cell, shouting and banging against the bars. "Let me go! I need to go back to Jungie! Let me go!"

The man in the red suit closed the door after another fellow scientist followed him out. Luhan's screams were shut off again.

"Feed him that memory pill again." the man in the red suit instructed. "I don't know how in the world he still remembers her when his memories are already supposed to be erased. Make sure there shouldn't be any remains of that girl left."

The scientist bowed. "Yes Dr Yang."

The two walked off and Chen came out of his hiding place. "Luhan hyung remembers Haejung." he gasped.