Forgotten

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

"I don't believe it. Luhan hyung...I mean...he's a robot?" Tao gasped, not daring to believe what he heard.

The EXO-M boys were huddled around a table in the eatery the next morning. Chen had notified the other members of what happened and they were all shocked and concerned.

They arrived at the eatery in which Mrs Yoo didn't have the heart to open. They were all reveberating in the aftermath of the revelation from last night.

The Luhan they knew was a robot.

Mrs Yoo couldn't believe it either, and she kept wiping the tables and dusting the eatery using a rag. She knew the person who got hit by this incident with the greatest impact was Haejung. And being a mother who wanted to comfort her, she knew no words to do so.

How could you comfort someone who fell for a robot? There were no words.

"I don't..I.." Kris stuttered. The duizhang never once stuttered and this was the first time ever. "I can't believe. Are you serious, Haejung? Luhan was a robot? But he was breathing and...he seemed so alive and everything.."

Haejung whimpered, a sob escaping her. She couldn't sleep a tiny bit the previous night. The bed seemed empty and cold even when she wrapped herself with the blanket like a cocoon and almost suffocated from the heat.

He wasn't there with her. That's what made it different.

She had gotten up in the middle of the night at some point to try out that darn URL again. And walah~ It was working at such a darn time.

She read the entire site, every single word, and finally found what the two men had been talking about. She wasn't supposed to fall for Luhan. The words refreshed the cold reality of what happened and she hugged her knees, sobbing.

Why? Why did the most perfect guy in the world, her other half, her one and only...why did he have to be a robot?

"Haejung are you oka-" Lay quickly stopped himself and shook his head. What was he talking about, of course she wasn't okay. "Haejung, can you please explain this whole situation to us?"

The boys nodded. All they knew from Chen was that Luhan was a robot and he was taken away. They didn't have much of an idea what had actually happened.

Chen watched Haejung from the corner of his eye. *What actually transpired? How..how can she fall for a robot?I don't understand. I don't.*

Haejung sniffled. "It happened after Yoon Doojoon dumped me." she choked. "I ran into this middle aged man who called himseld Dr Yang. He passed me a card and told me to visit this website, I did."

"There were few questions, and I answered them, thinking this was just a stupid joke." Haejung recalled. "And I didn't know what to expect until Luhan suddenly popped up in my life." Another sob escaped her at Luhan's name and Xiumin patted her shoulder comfortingly.

"He appeared all of a sudden and introduced himself as my boyfriend." Haejung whispered. "I was frightened. I thought he was a stalker." she wanted to laugh when she thought about it. How she wanted him to disappear at that time, but now she really wanted him back.

Haejung played with the hem of her shirt. "But somehow, he managed to get into the same class as me. He got Umma to hire him as an extra helper in the eatery and he stayed with us at our house. It wasn't until some days later that I realized he was a robot."

"Hyung..he really is a robot?" Tao whispered in awe.

Haejung nodded. "I guess. He let me listen to his chest and there wasn't a heart beat, there was this consistent buzz like a generator was working or something." she mumbled. "And he always had these recharging pills he had to eat everyday. He could go without food if he had the recharging pills but other than that, he was perfectly human."

The boys nodded. Perfectly human. So like human, none of them had doubts.

"But why did they send Luhan to you then?" Kris asked curiously. "Like out of the blue?"

Haejung sighed. "Luhan said I was his first client and he was on trial period, something like testing out the new products. In this case the new product was him." she mumbled. "And his mission while at my side was to help me get Yoon Doojoon's heart."

They boys blinked in surprise. "Yoon Doojoon?" Xiumin blinked.

"Yeah. I was stupid, I liked him." Haejung grumbled. Had she fallen for Luhan from the start they wouldn't have wasted so much time.

"But you changed your heart." Chen looked at her. "You fell for Luhan. For real."

Haejung swallowed, nodding. "But I don't mind! Luhan's not just a robot, he's my boyfriend! I love him, I really do. I don't understand how those RB people knew about it and they just captured him away-"

"I told them." Chen spoke up. The boys gasped, Haejung's eyes widened. "I overheard you and Luhan talking and he said he was a robot. I found the site, I read the rules. I thought you didn't know he was a robot and you were being cheated of your feelings. I didn't know you really-"

"You?" Haejung burst up from her seat. "You were the one?"

She closed her eyes momentarily and looked at him again few seconds later, trembling. "Do you understand the magnitude of what you had done? Do you understand?" she shrieked, clutching her heart.

Chen flinched and tried to take her hand. "No Haejung you have to snap out of it, Luhan is a robot and-"

"I LOVE HIM!" Haejung screamed. She sobbed loudly, sniffling and not caring how she looked. Chen's heart cringed at her face, he didn't want to see her in this way. "You sent him away! You took him away! I hate you! I hate you Chen!" she cried and ran out of the eatery.

Chen took a step forward to follow her and Kris held him back. He shook his head. "She needs time. A lot of time."

Chen lowered himself onto a chair, shaking. He felt guilty and frustrated at the same time. Guilty because he took Luhan away from her. Frustrated because it was the right thing to do wasn't it?

"!" Chen buried his face in his hands.

 

 

 

"It's here Ahjusshi! Thank you!" Haejung paid the cabbie money and got out of the taxi. She stared at the large intimidating building in front of her. Her Luhan was in there.

She had managed to find where the company was located through a long process of asking and searching, and she was finally there. She her lips nervously and shuffled over to the entrance, eying the two security guards who were growling at her.

"H-Hi." Haejung smiled at them hesitantly. "Uh I want to find my boyfriend in there."

"This place is not for humans, Agashi." One guard told her sternly. Haejung let out an "eep!"

She frowned and looked at them pleadingly. "Please let me in?" She begged. "My boyfriend is in there. He's Luhan, you know him? Oh, also known as System 5.0. Can you please please let me in? They took him away and I didn't have a chance to say goodbye!"

The guards stared in front of them and ignored her.

Haejung frowned at the ground and an idea lit. "I haven't paid for his services yet you know!" Haejung blurted. "I have to pay uh..the fees! I don't like to be in debt you know, and you're not letting me hand money over to your company!"

The guards looked at each other. "Fine." one nodded. "Don't be too long, Agashi." He opened the door for her.

Haejung's face lit up and she burst inside. "Thank you!" She looked around the strange cold place inside nad found no one inside. There wasn't even a receptionist or anything of the likes and it seemed this place was seriously not for humans.

Cautiously treading, Haejung walked up to the top floor where she thought where the CEO of the company must be. And she hoped to find Dr Yang. She wondered around until she found a door with DR YANG engraved on it.

Her heart leaped. She knocked.

There came a few second of shuffling and she heard a familiar man's voice. "Come in."

Haejung burst through the door and she finally saw the familiar odd-looking guy that had handed her the card that had resulted in all this mess in the first place. Dressed in a total red tux and messy hair, Dr Yang looked up at her and his eyes widened in surprise. "Client number one, Yoo Haejung."

Haejung nodded, her heart thumping fast. "Hi. I know I'm not supposed to do this, but can I please get Luhan back? I'll owe the company debt for the rest of my life and I don't mind paying all my wages to you in the future but could you just-"

"No." Dr Yang looked at her. "This is a company built on a very romantic and idealistic concept, yes. But the rule applies for every company and it is the same with this one. We are profit driven. Can you imagine the losses we'll make if you hah sell System 5.0 to you?"

"I told you I'll pay!" Haejung pleaded.

"And you think I'll believe a girl like you who's a mere daughter of a woman manning an eatery would be able to pay a thousand billion won worth of debt?" Dr Yang raised a brow. "No. It's out of question. You shouldn't have fallen in love with him in the first place, he is a robot."

Haejung swallowed, drying instantly and feeling faint. "But please.. He's not a robot. He's my life. I love him, I can't just let him go-"

"It's too late." Dr Yang smirked at her. "His memory card has been erased."

Haejung's eyes widened. "No." she gasped. Dr Yang snickered and stood up. The originally quirky and mysterious character suddenly appearing evil and sinister. "You don't believe me? Come."

Haejung followed Dr Yang out of the office, her steps uneven and unsteady. Luhan couldn't have forgotten her right? He said so himself, even if they erase his memories he would remember! He would!

They walked down to the end of the long corridor and Dr Yang opened a door,. The room contained seven perfect looking boys, reading books on human psychology and geography, things about the human race.

And on the far end was him. Luhan.

Luhan looked up from his book when he heard the door open. His eyes met Haejung's and didn't flinch. Instead, he looked over to Dr Yang. "Dr Yang, who is that?"

Haejung nearly crashed to the ground. "No..." she whimpered. "No Luhan you can't forget me. I'm Haejung! Your Jungie, don't you rememb-" Dr Yang closed the door as the other robots turned to Haejung curiously.

Haejung collasped to the ground, sobbing loudly. Dr Yang clicked his fingers and the guards came running, carrying Haejung out. She was too shocked to care.

He didn't remember her. Everything they had together, he didn't remember.

----------

Inside the room, Luhan stared at the door.

"Jungie?" he mumbled to himself. He looked over at another robot. "Sehun, do you know a Jungie?"

Sehun shook his head. "What's that? Sweets?"

Luhan frowned to himself. "Jungie..." he whispered. "Why does this word sound so familiar?"