Is Luhan a robot?

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Chen watched Luhan from the corner of his eye, the frown never leaving his face.

The moment he had gotten home from the Jeju trip, Chen had his laptop before even saying hi to his parents and went to that Robot Boyfriend site again. It was still under maintanence and Chen couldn't get more information from it.

So it took to notice Luhan instead.

His mind was wheeling from the possibility that there might be a robot amongst them and they didn't even notice. How could it be? Were they so blind?

Luhan was every bit human as they were. He was so real, so alive. How can someone like that be a robot?

But then again, Luhan wasn't your usual human either. From the first day he came, Luhan had stuck by Haejung's side. It was like he was on a mission, his robot boyfriend mission and Haejung was his client.

He was insanely cheerful all the time, totally unlike any other guy out there. Sure it could be his personality but what could you explain about how he didn't know about and stuff like that? He had so many things he didn't know and he was so gullible, you had to think he just arrived from his mother's womb.

He even believed when the boys told him that what a girl and guy do in a hotel room together was to eat cookies. Like seriously, eat cookies? What in the world....

And any hormonal twenty something would know what a girl and guy do in a hotel. Hell, a ten year old nowadays would know that already, perhaps not the details of course but they would know it's not eating cookies.

It's like Luhan had arrived on Earth from this enclosure in which he had never been exposed to anything out there.

"And don't forget." Chen whispered to himself. "Luhan hyung suddenly appeared from nowhere. He told us he was an orphan so that means he has no family whatsoever. He's living at Haejung's and he doesn't have a home. It's as if this robot just appeared in our lives."

Chen shook his head and rubbed his temples. This thinking was making him mad.

"Hey what are you thinking about?" Lay nudged him. "Stop distracting me with your frequent sighs and pouts. It's not only distracting to me, but it's distracting to the rest of the girls in class too."

Chen blinked and looked around the class, only to realise most of the girls were looking at him as he puffed his cheeks and pouted while he thought about things. He quickly straightened his expression and looked down at his books and he heard the girls shuffling back to their seats. "Aww that expression of Chen's was so cute!" he heard them saying.

Chen his lip carefully as the Professor came into the classroom then. His eyes trailed over to Haejung and Luhan again and he watched the interaction between them.

Luhan NEVER paid any attention in class.

He just sat and stared at Haejung for God knows how long and smiled dreamily. Chen knew that the girls in class would do anything to have Luhan look at them like that, but then again Chen would do anything for Luhan to look at ANOTHER girl like that instead of Haejung.

He watched as Haejung lightly slapped Luhan's shoulder and made him look at the front. The Professor chuckled. He too knew that Luhan never paid attention in his class but it didn't bother any of the lecturers or professors. For a simple reason:

"Luhan, you've scored the perfect score once again!" The Professor smiled as he passed Luhan his test script. "I really wonder how you do it, Luhan. You don't even seem to be listening in class and you always get your A's. Its like all the information in stored in your head."

Luhan grinned sheepishly and took his test paper back. An inhumane score of 100/100.

Haejung got hers back and it was only a 92/100 and mind you, Haejung had been the top scorer in their class before Luhan came in. She had been the edge of human intelligence and one of the top scorers in the whole university.

Luhan easily broke her record without even trying.

"Information stored in his head..." Chen murmured, his frown deepening.

"Yah!" Xiumin hissed and poked Chen on the back. "Your turn!"

Chen quickly straightened and went to get his test paper. A 73/100. Scraped an A though. But still, far from the perfect score of 100 right?

Chen looked at Luhan and the frown deepeened. *Luhan hyung doesn't listen in class. He goes to the eatery to help out until late at night and I've never once seen him read his notes like Haejung does in her spare time. He never studies but how in the world does he get all that high scores?* he wondered.

---------

Later, the EXO-M boys were chatting while waiting for the next professor to arrive.

"Hey you know, I heard SNSD is going to have a concert!" Xiumin told the rest of the boys. "I think I'm going to get a ticket! You guys want one too? I think if you buy more than three at a time they will give you 5% off!" he said excitedly.

"SNSD? Count me in!" Tao exclaimed delightedly.

Kris raised his brows and looked at the maknae. "Since when did you like girls, maknae?" he blurted.

Tao puffed his cheeks and scoffed. "Excuse me, if you haven't noticed I'm a guy. Of course I like girls!" he declared. "More like you, hyung. You don't look that straight. Tell me, you're gay aren't you?" he leaned closer.

Kris rolled his eyes and whacked the maknae on the head. Tao winced and rubbed his head but he high-fived Lay who was smiling widely in amusement. "Totally worth it." Tao grinned.

Lay chuckled at Kris and shook his head. "You should have phrased it this way." he told him. "Hey Tao, you've stopped your meditation, come down your mountain and stopped practicing your kungfu skills long enough to realize that there is another gender on this planet?"

The EXO-M boys burst into laughter as Tao pouted and threw a pen at Lay. "Hyung!!! I thought you were on my side!" he whined.

Lay grinned. "Sorry but I don't take sides. All of you are against me." he winked.

While all this was going on, Haejung was half-listening and half reading a book. Luhan watched as she did, his eyes twinkling with affection and love. "Will you stop looking at her like that? She's going to get the scare of her life when she suddenly lifts her head and sees you." Xiumin whispered to Luhan.

Luhan pouted and made a face. He reached for his bag and took out a small tin bottle containing orange coloured pills. They looked somewhat like vitamin pills but in a shape that Chen had never seen before.

Luhan had been taking these pills ever since he came to Kyunghee University. Chen recalled that he took one everyday until recently. Luhan had been eating more recently and Chen realized that when Luhan ate, he didn't take the pill that much.

"Better take my pill, haven't eaten it for five days." Luhan muttered under his breath.

Chen leaned closer to take a look. "Hyung, what are those?" he asked innocently.

Luhan stiffened and clutched the tin box. "Oh these?.....V-vitamin pills." he smiled awkwardly and quickly swallowed one. Chen narrowed his eyes. There it was, the hesitation. Luhan had never been good at lying and Chen was thankful for that.

"Oh vitamin pills? Can I have one too, hyung?" Chen asked sweetly.

Luhan paled, his face devoid of all colors. He swallowed visibly and bit his lip. "Uh....."

At that point, the Professor came into the room and Luhan quickly chucked the tin box into his bag again. "Ahehe maybe next time. Lesson's starting." he quickly turned away anxiously.

Chen returned to his seat, his eyes fixated on Luhan's back. Something was wrong with his hyung. And Chen was going to find out.

 

 

 

"A...Ah...AHHCHOOO!!" Haejung let out a huge sneeze and sniffed.

Luhan frowned and looked at her as she entered the bedroom. "What's wrong Jungie? Are you falling sick?" he reached for her arm and pulled her down to sit beside him as he felt her forehead.

"Maybe a little." Haejung confessed. "We shouldn't have spent so long out there by the sea last night at Jeju. Must be the sea breeze."

Luhan nodded. She didn't feel too hot yet, but the fever usually took place after a rest and Haejung hadn't had hers yet.

"You should have worn that baseball jacket yesterday, Jungie." Luhan pushed her foreheaed, chiding. "You wouldn't have caught a cold then."

Haejung stuck out her tongue. "Yeah but that jacket was Doojoon's remember?" she retorted. "I don't want to wear it any more than I need to. I returned it to him the first thing when I saw him today morning."

She let out another sneeze and shuddered. "I'm going to sleep. Too tired for homework." her voice sounded stuffy as she shuffled back to her own bed.

Haejung buried herself under the covers and heard Luhan turn off the lights, leaving one table lamp on. She felt someone sit on her bed and her blankets being lifted, as hands wrapped around her waist.

She opened one eye tiredly. "Luhan?"

"Yeah?" Luhan pulled her towards him and held her tighter, pressing a kiss against her temple. He rubbed her back soothingly and Haejung found it hard to stay away.

"You should sleep at your own bed tonight." Haejung murmured. "You might catch the cold too."

Luhan chuckled softly, his chest vibrating against her. "Babo. I'm a robot remember? I won't get sick." he whispered. "Now don't worry and go to sleep. I'll be here."

Haejung smiled softly and closed her eyes, settling into his embrace. And it seemed her cold seemed instantly better with him by her side.