Love?

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Haejung waved goodbye to the EXO-M boys and tried to smile. Somehow, she had wanted Doojoon to include her in his life. But when he finally tried to get close to her now, she found that she didn't exactly want it.

Tao sulked. "Noona, why must you spend the day with that horrible guy and his friends?" he asked, pouting. "I promise not to go meditating, don't go." he pleaded.

Haejung bit her lip. Her gaze automatically shifted to Luhan and found that his gaze was empty with no emotions.

*Is it because he's hoping for me to get together with Doojoon soon so that his mission can be completed?* she thought sadly.

The thought that he wanted her to end up with someone else made her heart cringe madly. She quickly looked away and met Chen's eyes. His were the most expressive out of the boys as he gazed at her, hoping she didn't go.

Why did he look at her like that, while her precious robot boyfriend didn't seem to care?

Haejung tore her gaze away from the boys and looked at the ground. "I spend my time with you guys all the time." she reasoned. "And it's not like I'm not coming back. I'll make sure to keep the late afternoon free for you guys okay! Gotta go bye!" she quickly ran away to find Doojoon and his friends, not wanting to cast a look back.

Luhan watched as she went, the horrible feeling in his gut churning and making his insides scream in agony. His eyes were listless.

The robot him had needed more sleep recently, but last night he didn't get a single wink. He stared up at Haejung's top bunk, wanting to join her in bed but couldn't in case Chen saw.

The horrible feeling of being replaced. It was vibrating through his every atom.

"I guess....now that she's gone." Kris shrugged. "We find something to amuse ourselves till she comes back?"

Xiumin nodded and he thumped both Luhan and Chen on the back. "Aww don't be so sad! She's right you know, she's going to come back!" he cheered. "Now let's go before all that Jeju food is eaten up by someone else!"

He ushered the group towards the village to look for pleasant eatables and delicacies. But Luhan wasn't in the mood.

Which was then he realized, he would never be in the mood for anything without Haejung.

She was his life.

 

----------

 

"Aww come on!" Kris finally slammed his chopsticks down and frowned at Luhan. They were eating (again) because Xiumin insisted to try every single store in Jeju by the end of the day.

The duizhang had been tolerating Luhan's sulks and grumpiness for the entire day and he wanted to strangle the latter to wake him up, even though he was supposed to be the younger one.

Kris frowned at Luhan. "Will you just cheer up? Your girlfriend's just friends with that Doojoon. Maybe not even friends yet. So why are you sulking so much?"

Luhan bit his lip. "I...."

"If Haejung accepted to be your girlfriend," Lay continued for Kris. "It means she loves you right? You should trust that love she has for you of you love her."

Luhan looked at them. "Love?" he asked as if it was something completely foreign.

Tao rolled his eyes. "Yes love, hyung." he mused. "Never heard of it before?"

Luhan looked at his bowl of seafood soup. Love....? He heard it once or twice but never had enough curiosity to determine what it really was.

He remembered singing the "I love you you love me we are one big family" song together with Haejung and Masen in the beginning of his stay.

Haejung had chosen that song and she said it represented friendship and family.

But if that was what love was, then he didn't love Haejung right? Because what he felt for her exceeded the limits of what a person should feel for a friend.

She was his life for goodness sake.

"I don't love her." Luhan blurted. "I love you guys. I love Masen. But the feelings I feel for her are different from the ones I feel for you guys." he pointed out.

Chen mentally smacked his mind. How did this hyung-the hyung who didn't even know what love was- how did he get the girl of his dreams again?

"Hyung, there are different types of love." Chen explained. "The ones you feel for us are friendship love. For Masen it's fatherly love. For Haejung, that's a different type of love. It's the romantic type, the need the desire and the want. That is the type of love."

Luhan looked at Chen, urging for him to go on.

Chen sighed. "You see," he played with his rice absent-mindedly. "When you love someone in the romantic sense, when you're IN LOVE with her, you want to be with her every second of the day. It isn't a want, it's a need. You don't get satisfied when it's you and her in a large group, you want her for yourself. It's that sense of possessiveness."

Chen looked at Luhan. "It sounds bad, yes. But love can be selfish and love can be selfless at the same time. Will you succumb to your own selfish wants or will you be selfless enough to let her do what she wants?"

"From what I see, hyung," Chen sighed softly. "You do love Haejung. I don't know how much but I can tell its there. You would never have let her go with Doojoon if you didn't love her. It's because you love her, that's why you respect her. That's why you were willing to dive into the water for her. That's why you are feeling miserable now letting her go even though it was partly your choice, because you love her and that inner beast within you wants to possess Haejung so much but you can't."

*Just like what I'm feeling, hyung.* Chen finished in his mind. *And the turmoil is killing me.*

The EXO-M boys were silent after Chen's little speech. Kris looked at Chen, an unreadable expression on his face as the duizhang guessed his dongsaeng's feelings. "You seem to know a lot, Chen."

Chen reddened and he shrugged. "Books." he murmured, chucking a kimbap into his mouth.

Kris bit his lip and internally shook his head. This was bad. It seemed Chen had fallen for Haejung as well.

Luhan on the other hand stared off into space. What Chen described, he had felt every one of them.

Was that it? He didn't just love Haejung, he was in love with her?

The vastness of this feeling, he didn't think it could be described in a few simple words of the human language. It was so large, so deep and profound, he could hardly understand himself.

But Chen's little speech made him understand part of it. He knew, at least he knew now even if it was too late.

*Im in love with Jungie.* Luhan realized. *And I think I've been, for a long time.*

 

 

 

"Where are we going, Doojoon sshi?" Haejung frowned and she looked back at the rest of his friends. "Why aren't we joining them for the barbecue?"

Doojoon held on to Haejung's wrist tightly and tugged her along. "I have some things I want to tell you and it's not for their ears."

Haejung nodded and followed.

She felt oddly uncomfortable the whole time. Doojoon's friends were very different from the EXO-M boys. The EXO-M boys were childish most of the times and were like angels with innocent smiles.

Doojoon's friends weren't exactly the other side of the spectrum but they were different. They cussed a lot even though Haejung could see they were trying not to do so in front of her. They didn't fool around in innocent games, they bet on who could score another girl.

They were genuinely trying to accept Haejung into their group, but how could a swan fit in with a bunch of wolves?

Doojoon let her to the railings where it overlooked the sea. He looked at her while she gazed out into the sea, her eyes lost as she thought about where Luhan was at the moment.

"Haejung." Doojoon nudged her.

Haejung blinked. "Yes Doojoon sshi?"

Doojoon frowned. "I thought I told you not to call me that. Call me Doojoon oppa, that's what you called me last time wasn't it?"

Haejung stared at the ground. But she wasn't the Haejung from the past, she wanted to say.

"I'll...try. I can't help it if i can't change though." Haejung shrugged.

Doojoon seemed satisfied with the answer and he took of his baseball jacket, wounding it around her shoulders. Haejung frowned and looked at him.

These sort of affection and sensitive actions were Luhan's specialty, not Doojoon's. Why was he trying to behave like her robot boyfriend?

"Ever wondered why Haneul isn't here?" Doojoon probed.

Haejung blinked. "Oh...she's with her friends?" To be honest that was the first time that question occurred to her. Her mind had been on Luhan the whole time.

"I broke up with her, silly." Doojoon looked at her intensely. "I thought we didn't work out."

"Oh." Haejung looked on the ground, not knowing what to say.

Doojoon reached out to take her hand and Haejung immediately stiffened, looking panicky around.

"Haejung, I know I've hurt you when I made that bet with my friends." Doojoon told her. "I'm sorry."

*Yeah but Luhan would never hurt me.* Haejung thought to herself.

"I didn't know what a gem you were then, I was foolish." Doojoon continued. "But now I know you're beautiful, Haejung."

*Luhan thought I was beautiful from the beginning.* Haejung commented. *And he knew I was beautiful from the inside not out.*

"I hope you'll give me a chance, Haejung." Doojoon looked at her. "To prove that I'm better than that kid boyfriend of yours."

*He's not a kid.* Haejung frowned. *And you'll never be better than him so-*

Haejung's thoughts were cut off as Doojoon tugged her closer and leaned down. He thought he had her, she hadn't said anything the whole time. And silence meant consent right?

Which was why he pulled her up by the nape of her neck and settled his lips on hers.

 

-----

Hey my lovely readers!

Today's my 2nd Anniversary on AFF and I wrote you guys a letter. [CLICK]

Thank you so much for your continuous support! :D