Date

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000


"Woah look look!!! I think I see a shark!!" Tao pointed.

The EXO-M boys and Haejung were sitting on top of one of the caravans as they stared out into the sea in a daze. It was a wonder how one single caravan didn't topple over with the seven of their weights, but it didn't.

Xiumin narrowed his eyes and squinted at where Tao was pointing at. "Are you serious? A shark?"

Kris rolled his eyes and whacked the two members on their heads. "Retards. There aren't sharks here." he frowned at the triangular shaped thing protruding from the water surface.

"Oh man how dumb can you two be? Those are the water cone things to show how far the boats can go into sea to fish." Lay told them knowledgeably.

Tao pouted and sidled closer to Haejung. "Noona. Hyung's are mean."

Haejung laughed and ruffled his hair. "They're mean but you need to get glasses soon panda bear." she sang. "And look at those dark circles. Oh man!" she gasped dramatically.

Tao's eyes widened and his hands flew to his face. "Are they that obvious?" he gasped. "Omo OMO I need eye cream!"

"Anyway," Kris continued, ignoring the maknae's hysterical squeals. "The professors say that tomorrow's going to be a free day off."

"Man we totally need that." Xiumin nodded. "Do I look like I'm interested in temples? Why do they bring us to a dozen different temples as tourist sites? Im going to eat all round Jeju tomorrow!" he punched his fists in the air.

"Hey Haejung, what are you doing tomorrow?" Chen nudged her, hoping that she didn't go off on a date with Luhan.

He couldn't ask her out alone since it seemed suspicious, so his only wish was that he could spend time with her and just ignore the other five people tagging along.

Haejung blinked. "I guess I'll be going where you guys are going?" she scratched her head.

Chen brightened. That meant he could see her tomorrow and spend some time. If he could just ignore the affectionate looks between Luhan and Haejung, and also ignore the other four, it'll be as if they're on a date!

Chen mentally smacked himself. *What the hell am I thinking about? Haejung is Luhan hyung's. Remember that Chen.*

Lay tapped on Luhan's shoulder and gestured for him to lean forward. Luhan did so obediently and Lay whispered. "Aren't you taking her out on a date tomorrow?" he pointed at Haejung.

Luhan blinked. "A date?"

Lay nodded as if it was the most obvious thing ever. "Don't you underestimate Jeju. You can find decent date places here and there. If you want her to be happy, you've got to be creative hyung!"

Blinking, Luhan looked over at Haejung. She was talking to Chen and laughing along heartily. Her eyes were glimmering, her smile bright and alluring, her curls bouncing as she giggled.

And when he saw her laughing because of another guy, something in him stung badly. And it was ridiculous to think that because Chen wasn't Yoon Doojoon. Chen was his friend.

Why was he feeling this way?

He wanted her alone. He treasured the times they had together so much but there weren't a lot of instances they had together with the other five light bulbs.

"A date huh?" Luhan murmured, smiling to himself. He thought of how it would be like. To spend a day with her an only her.

Haejung looked over at Luhan while she was talking to Chen and found him smiling to himself. She chuckled softly and shook her head. *Babo.*

 

 

 

Haejung hugged herself, bracing from the cold as she made her way back to the caravan from the public toilet.

The trip had already gone by for two days. Just another day tomorrow and the next they'll be heading home.

She didn't like to think that way but when she spent more time with Luhan, she knew she'd be missing him if he was gone.

Even in a crowd, she found herself searching where he was and she would be acutely aware of his position relative to her.

She wondered if it was some sort of robotic ability that he had passed to her. And she wondered what it'd be like if he wasn't there anymore and no matter how she searched the crowd he wouldn't be there.

But then again.....he didn't belong by her side. He'd have to go someday.

Wasn't it better to cut off the ties before real feelings developed?

"Haejung."

She turned around in surprise, her soft curls whipping in the night breeze as she stared at the guy who had called her.

Why wasn't her heart jumping for joy?

"Doojoon sshi." Haejung looked surprised.

Doojoon took a step towards her. "I thought I told you to call me Doojoon oppa." he mused. He looked at her. "Tomorrow's a free day. What are you doing tomorrow?"

Haejung blinked in surprise. Why did he want to know. "I guess I'm going with the EXO-M boys around the island." she shrugged.

Doojoon's eyes lit up. "Mind if you spend tomorrow with me?"

Haejung stilled and Doojoon immediately continued. "And my friends." he added. "Me and my friends. Oh?"

Haejung frowned. What would the EXO-M boys say if she spent tomorrow with Yoon Doojoon and her friends?

But...wasn't the aim to get Doojoon to like her back? If so, this was the best chance. What was she waiting for? He practically asked her.

"No hard feelings, Haejung." Doojoon looked at her. "I know I hurt you in the past because of the bet and I hope to make it up to you. Please give me this chance."

Haejung stared at the ground. Her heart was screaming for her not to go. She wanted to spend the day with Luhan! Luhan, not Doojoon!

But Luhan was there to help her get Doojoon. He wasn't there permanently. She could forget the fact that he was a robot but that didn't change things, he was a robot.

It was pretty brutal and heartless to brush him away like this but she couldn't let herself fall any deeper. If she did, she would get into serious trouble. She had to get used to the days without him, when he went away.

"Alright." Haejung finally said. "I'll spare my time tomorrow."

Doojoon broke into a smile. A smile be never once offered Haejung and she thought she would feel like swooning if he did smile at her like that. She didn't.

"Great." Doojoon grinned. "I'll see you tomorrow then, Haejung."

He reached forward to curl a lock of her hair behind her ear and cup her cheek. "Goodnight."

Haejung nodded and quickly turned around, strutting back to the caravan. Doojoon's touch was lingering on her cheek and she didn't like it. She quickly wipe away the remains of it.

She crept into the caravan and saw Luhan and Chen chatting as they waited for her for lights out. "Jungie you're back!" Luhan beamed.

He patted the space beside him on the bed and pulled Haejung down to sit. "Jungie, I was wondering if you want to go on a date tomorrow?" he asked excitedly. "The EXO-M boys can survive on their own."

Chen's face fell and he looked at Haejung anxiously. *Say no. Say no.*

Haejung pushed Luhan's hands off hers. "Mianhae Luhan. I can't go on a date with you tomorrow. And I'm not going with EXO-M either."

"You're not?" both boys echoed.

Haejung shook her head as climbed the ladder to her top bunk, the thrill of a double deck bed completely leaving her.

"I'm going with Doojoon oppa and his friends." she murmured sadly. "Don't worry about me and you guys have fun huh?"

She closed her eyes and a tear trickled down her cheek.

She wanted this right? So why did it hurt?