OHMYFREAKINGHEART

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

"You okay Haejung?" Mrs Yoo looked at her daughter while preparing the vegetables and ingredients for the eatery later. "You look pale. Those dark circles are darker than usual, are you sure you're alright?"

Haejung nodded dumbly. Yes she was alright. As much as any other girl would be when they saw the guy they were dreadfully in love with, posting pictures with another girl as soon as he managed to get out of their "relationship". Yes she was really fine indeed.

Although that relationship she and Doojoon shared for the short two weeks might have been nothing to be but just a bet, it was everything to Haejung. Her dream that came true for two weeks, Heaven on Earth for two weeks, pure happiness for two weeks.

"I'm fine umma." Haejung finally bit out when she saw her mother not looking convinced at her state of mental happiness. "I'm going to school now."

Mrs Yoo nodded and waved as Haejung went off. She sighed to herself. "You should get a boyfriend, Haejung. Not that dreadful Yoon Doojoon, oh no." she mumbled. "You need someone sweet and lovely, who loves you for who you are. You deserve more love than the love I'm able to give you."

-------

Haejung met with the numerous stares the next day and she was beginning to get used to them. Beginning being the key word here.

"Hello babe!!!" Minseok called from the other end of the hallway and Haejung involuntarily flinched. That guy was an .

The other people who had been there the previous day when Minseok teased Haejung, laughed their guts out and thumped their thighs. "Alone today, Haejung?" girls snickered. "Where's your Doojoon oppa?"

Haejung hung her head.

"Oh wait, he isn't yours." the girls smirked. "He never was, Yoo Haejung."

She quickly paced away, her long skirts swishing as she went. She wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible, like Nemo wanting to get out of the net, like Percy Jackson hiding the Pandora Box away.

And just her luck that she ran into Doojoon and his new barbie doll like girlfriend Kim Haneul as she darted through the hallway.

Haejung crashed head first into Doojoon's chest and she toppled back, wobbling and holding onto her forehead. She peered up at him and her eyes shot wide. It's him.

"Hey. It's your...ex-girlfriend." Haneul whispered, snickering slightly.

Doojoon raised his brows at Haejung. "Oh Hanji." he looked at her.

Haejung flinched. "My name's Haejung." she whispered.

"Yeah whatever." Doojoon rolled his eyes. It clearly didn't matter to him what her name was. "So, living well without me?" he smirked. "Or are you losing sleep over me every single day?"

He peered at her and smirked at the dark circles around her eyes and the slight swell and the red from her crying the previous night. Haejung ducked her head. "I have to go to class." she whispered.

"Yeah yeah go back to your books." Doojoon stepped aside, his hand wound around Haneul's waist such that she was plastered to his side. "You shouldn't have wanted a boyfriend, Heejoo, the only boyfriend you're going to get is wikipedia or webster dictionary." he snickered.

Haejung bit her lip and quickly strode away as fast as possible, trying not to trip over her long skirts. She ran to a deserted stairway that she was rather familiar with when she ran there to hide in the past from the people's bullying.

She leaned against the wall and heaved, the tears finally making their way out and sliding merrily down her cheeks. Didn't he even care to remember her name for the two weeks they were together? It had been because of a bet, sure, but they were still girlfriend-boyfriend for two weeks and it meant the world to him. Didn't it mean anything to him?

Haejung sank to the ground and hugged her knees, sniffling. Even her glasses were stained with her tears and she felt this cringe at her chest, everything in and at the same time pouring the pain out and drowning her in it.

She didn't think it was possible to feel physical pain from something emotional but she was really coming close to it. The hurt in her chest was so real it really felt like she was stabbed right there.

Crying, she forgot about the time and missed the first period. When the tears finally stopped, Haejung lifted her head from her knees and squinted, getting up.

Her feet stepped on something on the ground and she blinked. Stooping down, she picked it up and scratched her head.

It was a pack of tissue paper with a pink post it stuck on it. "Don't cry." It wrote, and even had a little heart at the side.

Haejung looked around, scratching her head. For the year she had been here at school, she was the only one that came to this stairwell as far as she knew. Who could it have been and why didn't she hear that person coming?

Feeling the slight warmth from the caring act, Haejung pocketed the tissue and hugged her bag, trudging back to class. *I wonder who that was.*

 

 

 

With the tissue safely in her pocket, Haejung suddenly felt a little more conscious than usual. Was it her or was someone watching her every move?

Not that the other people weren't already snickering and laughing at her whenever she passed, no it wasn't like that. It was like someone was watching over her, was guarding her, was protecting her.

Haejung found herself looking out of the window for the sixth time in half an hour even though it was absurd. They were on the fifth level in the university for goodness sake.

But it wasn't the first time she felt a gaze on her from the outside, outside the window.

She scratched her head, puzzled, and continued paying attention in class. One thing she wasn't used to was to let her thoughts trail off during study time.

She managed to get through the lecturer's explanation of how the media influences the modern civillisation, when she suddenly felt it again. That gaze on her.

She snapped her head to the window but there wasn't anything there. The top of the largest tree in school swayed slightly in the wind from the view of the window but there wasn't anything else.

Strange.

Haejung shook her head and knocked herself on the head. What was she thinking of? No human can climb up five storeys without any help!

She wrinkled her nose and continued with the lesson, ignoring the slight shivers when she thought she felt someone look at her, dismissing it as a figment of her imagination. But was it?

-------

The bell signalled for the end of school and Haejung quickly packed her bag, trying to get out of class before the other students got to insult her again.

But they still got to her of course. "Yah Haejung, rushing off to meet Doojoon oppa so quickly?" one girl asked. "Oh wait. He's not your boyfriend anymore!" she shrilled.

Haejung flinched and her hand slipped, her notebook falling to the ground. She quickly scrambled to get it and shoved it in her bag.

"Yah Yoo Haejung, are you ignoring me?" the girl frowned, tapping her feet.

Haejung pursed her lips, trying not to react.

She hugged her bag and was ready to burst out of the door when the girl in question blocked her way. "I'm talking to you Yoo Haejung."

"I have to go, Jinae." Haejung murmured.

"Well you're not going until you-" Jinae started, when someone called out. "Jinae! Can you come here? I want to ask you something about class just now." Chen called.

Jinae immediately perked up. "Chen oppa?" she beamed. "Yeah you can ask me anything!" she chirped and ran over, as if she wasn't painting her nails during class and had listened to everything.

Chen looked at Haejung who glanced back at him. Their eyes met and Haejung quickly looked away, hugging her bag and running off. "What did you want to ask me, Chen oppa?" Jinae beamed beside him.

Chen suddenly remembered her and cleared his throat. "Uhhh...I think I understand now. I don't have any question left." he faked a smile. "See you Jinae." he waved and darted off with the rest of EXO-M.

He looked at where Haejung ran off and sighed. *Poor girl.*

Haejung on the other hand, had managed to dart out of the school gates without being stopped by anyone else. She heaved a sigh of relief, trudging off to get to the eatery.

She was just looking back at the school around the fifth floor and wondering if it was possible for a human to climb there, when someone popped out from around the corner and jumped in front of her, smiling so widely it had to hurt his cheeks.

"HELLOO MY GIRLFRIEND!"

Haejung let out a squeal and she stepped back in surprise, clutching her heart. "OHMYFREAKINGHEART." she blabbered. She gulped, regaining her calm and looking at him again.

"What...did you just call me?" she squeaked.

"My girlfriend!" the guy beamed. "You're my girlfriend, Yoo Haejung!"

Oh. My. God.