A day with Chen

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Haejung stared out of the house in horror.

OH MY GAWWWWWD.

When she woke up that morning (in Luhan's arms of course. She nagged him a little but didn't mean it.) and opened the curtains, she did a double take at the outside of the house and took several steps back in horror.

Why were there SOOOO MANY girls out there?

On closer look, Haejung realised with horror that those girls were actually the girls from school. The usual batch of Luhan's fangirls! How did they know where they stayed?

Haejung's eyes narrowed on one of the girls out there called Saemi. She had been paired up with Haejung for a project back when they were in middle school and she had gone to Haejung's house once to complete the project. Haejung had thought Saemi would have forgotten where she stayed.

Watching those girls, Haejung sighed. Apparently not.

Luhan looked at her, climbing out from her bed. He had gotten a habit of sleeping longer naps now, something that he actually found rather enjoyable with Haejung in his arms. And besides, he kind of needed more rest now with the extra work at the Eatery.

"Did something happen Jungie?" He rubbed his eyes sleepily with his hair fluffed up in that usual style of his.

Haejung panicked. "You cannot believe what is going on out there." she gulped in horror. "Your fangirls have managed to find out where we live and they're camping out there right now!" she shrieked.

Luhan's eyes widened and he ran to the window. The girls caught sight of him in his cute light blue pullover and his fluffy bed hair and they squealed in delight. "GOOD MORNING LUHAN OPPA~"

"Oh man." Luhan hid behind the walls. "What are they doing here?" he squeaked.

"Why must you be so good-looking?" Haejung mumbled, annoyed. "Aish I can't even imagine how many people would be there at the eatery later."

 

 

 

And it turned out that the girls were sooooooo overwhelming that the eatery ran out of ingredients by 12 noon and they had to close the eatery for fear that these girls would knock the entire place down. Luhan was immediately whisked away by the girls as they pulled him out to have a massive fifty girl to one guy date.

Haejung pouted as her mother closed the eatery. "I'll be going home for a rest, you can take the day off Haejung." Mrs Yoo patted her shoulder, smiling at her daughter's sulky face as Luhan was being pulled away. "Too bad a certain someone isn't here to spend it with you, huh?"

"Pfft. Who needs him. I'll go to the bookstore umma." Haejung mumbled. "Have a good rest."

She hugged herself and trudged towards the bookstore. If this had happened any other day and she had a day off, she'd be thinking of the places she could go with Luhan. But those girls stole him away, aish. Idiotic girls.

Haejung sighed and walked towards the bookstore, not noticing someone familiar walking in the opposite direction. The guy stopped in his steps and his eyes widened, reaching to grab her arm. "Haejung!"

Haejung stopped and looked back in surprise. "Chen?"

Chen broke into a wonderful smile. "Haejung what are you doing here? I was just about to go to your eaterey to look for you....and hyung." he quickly added. Haejung made a face and pouted. "Luhan's fangirls managed to find out where we stayed and camped outside the house, following us to the eatery."

Chen's eyes widened. "They did?" Haejung nodded. "And they cleared all the food as well because they kept ordering and ordering in order for Luhan to serve them." she shuddered at the memory. "We closed the eatery early today because the ingredients ran out and Luhan was whisked off by those girls."

"And now you're alone?" Chen asked, brightening. He didn't know why he did but the thought that he could have Haejung to himself made him happy. Luhan was always around her that he rarely saw her on her own.

"Yeah." Haejung shrugged. "I'm going to the bookstore now." she pointed.

Chen beamed and took her hand. "Don't go to the bookstore, that's boring. Let's go somewhere else for fun." he pulled her along. *Finally. Time with Haejung alone.* he smiled.

-------

"The arcade?" Haejung asked uncertainly.

Chen looked at her. "You don't like the place? We can go somewhere else if you want to." he offered. "If you don't like it here."

Haejung shook her head. "It's not that. It's just that...I haven't had the chance to come to an arcade before." she admitted sheepishly.

Chen blinked in surprise. "You've never gone to the arcade?" he responded. "But this is where teenagers and youngsters hang out..."

"Yeah." Haejung shrugged. "But I never had the time with the eatery, and our financial situation had never been good enough. And besides..." she looked at the ground. "I never dared to come to the arcade alone. I didn't have friends to come here with."

Chen felt a pang in his heart.

He never really paid attention to this girl before. This nerd in his class that seemed to fade into the background as he and the EXO-M members went about their daily lives.

It wasn't until Yoon Doojoon had that bet that Chen and the EXO-M boys took notice of her. The scandal had created misunderstandings, and it turned into friendship.

But Chen had never noticed how lonely Haejung was before. Before EXO-M, before Luhan, Yoo Haejung had been alone. Alone for such a long time.

He had this urge to want to stay in her life as long as he could help it, he didn't want her to be alone ever again.

Chen took her hand and smiled softly. "Then from today onwards if you want to go anywhere and need someone with you, you can always call me." he whispered. "Arraji?"

Haejung blinked for a few moments, taking in the unspoken promise. "Really?"

"Yeah." Chen nodded with a smile. "So yeah?"

"Yeah." Haejung broke into a grin. It was nice to know someone was willing to be there for her no matter what.

Chen smiled brilliantly and pulled Haejung in with him to the arcade. His smile was bright, almost as bright as Luhan's. But when it came to smiles, Haejung thought Luhan still had the best smiles. His would light any dark room, and bring warmth to any frozen palace.

He changed a dozen tokens for them both and looked around. "Which one do you want to try?"

"I don't know any games anyway." Haejung scratched her head. "You decide."

Chen smiled. "So then, is your rhythm good enough?" he danced around suavely and ended with a cute pose.

-------

"Ackkk the beats keep coming I can't keep up!" Haejung squealed. They had gone to try out the drumset. There was a screen that showed you the beats you were supposed to hit and with the matching drum colors. You had to hit the appropriate drum when the beats appeared.

Chen laughed when he saw Haejung's panicked expression.

He didn't notice it before, but Haejung had a wide range of expressions. She couldn't keep anything in if she could help it, and watching how her expression changed with her every change in emotion was really amusing to watch.

When she hit a correct beat, she would brighten up like it was getting an A in a test. And to think she wouldn't even smile that brightly for an A because it was a norm for her.

When she missed one, her face would fall al ittle and she would puff her cheeks and grit her teeth to get the next beat correct.

*Her face is like a thousand facet diamond.* he thought. *There are so many faces but all are beautiful.*

Her game ended even before the song did. Apparently our dear Haejung who was so awesome at school with her perfect scores, had no sense of rhythm and her reaction was rather slow too. She pouted and made a face. "Aww man! They didn't even let me finish the song!"

Chen chuckled and ruffled her hair. "It's good for a first try, Haejung."

Haejung made a face at him. "And you're the pro?" she scoffed. She stretched her hand out. "Hand another token buddy, I'm going to conquer this machine." she huffed determinedly.

Chen smiled and put another token in her hand as she slipped it into the machine again. She glared at the drumset and gripped the drum sticks as if she was on a battle.

"How about this, I take one stick and handle these two while you handle these three drums?" Chen asked. "Team?"

Haejung broke into a smile. "Team." she nodded.

Chen chuckled and took the drum stick from her, ruffling her hair. He never felt happier in his life.

 

 

 

OH MY GOD. OHHHH MYYY GODDDD.

ASJHLSLKGJSLKGJKSDFHKDSJHF!!!! I can't believe it! I'm featured again!

Shinee-KeyTaeminhappyhug.gif

I have to say I really am shocked and pleasantly surprised! I was out studying and when I returned home yesterday, got out my iPod to get onto AFF, I was a little surprised at the number of friend requests and wallposts.

And then there were people congratulating me on getting featured and I just thought it was because of "My Princess Bodyguard" from last week.

And then I scrolled down and there were people saying two weeks in a row and I didn't really get it.

Until I got to the front page and saw "The Dull One" on the right there! OH MY GOD!!!!!!

I really didn't expect getting featured again, immediately! Thank you guys so much! I can't even....I can't even find the words to say! I'm just shocked and delighted!

tumblr_m7f35jlvD61rt7tryo4_250.giftumblr_m7f35jlvD61rt7tryo4_250.giftumblr_m7f35jlvD61rt7tryo4_400.giftumblr_m2f0lpGoMA1rtz32xo1_500.gif

I'm really regretful that to this happy news, I bring sad ones to you guys.

1taemin1.jpg?w=320&h=180&h=180

My exams are starting on Monday, and these are the most important exams of my life. Seriously.

I have to do well, and I'll be in the exam hall most of the time etc etc. So yeah you can imagine, I won't be able to update often.

I'll be updating once a week from now onwards, till 28 November for my last paper. (On that day I won't be either, I'll be out partying xD)

tumblr_m8ahs3EDV81r765gl.gif

I really really really appreciate this second feature.

Thank you guys so so so sooooo much for this. Especially since The Dull One only has 10 chapters to date (now 11) and you guys made it to the top! I'm absolutely delighted!

I'm just one seventh into the fic, I haven't even really started! Oh gosh.

Thank you thank you thank you.

tumblr_m8eijmIcFx1rp1i2ro1_500.gif

I can never say it enough.

THANK YOU!