Hiding the Truth

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Haejung was pretty much okay after that. She tried not to listen to the insults people throw her way when she passed, even though it reminded her of Doojoon.

She saw Doojoon in the halls, and she looked away quickly. For years he had been this ideal guy she had built up in her mind, the only one she ever wanted.

It wasn't easy to let it go. It wasn't easy to love him either.

So for now Haejung thought the best way was just to pretend all these didn't happen.

Luhan was particularly pleased that Haejung seemed fine again and he beamed more brightly than usual. He kind of wished he could go up there and punch that Yoon Doojoon's face, but RB rule #33 says not to use violence unless necessary.

And besides, they were surprised to be secret lovers.

Luhan and Haejung were going to the Eatery the next day after school, and the EXO-M boys were following them there because Xiumin said he couldn't forget the Kimchi Jjigae from the other time.

"I only tried half the menu the last time, I wanna try the other half today." Xiumin rubbed his tummy eagerly.

Kris shot his hyung a look. "If you're going to do that make sure you pay for your own share and not let Mrs Yoo treat you again."

"I won't!" Xiumin defended. He dug his wallet out and flashed his money. "I came prepared heh."

Tao and Lay rolled their eyes. Oh man this hyung's nickname shouldn't even be a Bun. He should be a Pig. Or bun pig.

"Haejung you're alright now?" Chen nudged her as they walked towards the Eatery in a big group. Haejung looked up at Chen in confusion.

"Well you looked kinda off yesterday towards the end of the day." Chen shrugged and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I didn't get a chance to ask if you're alright."

Haejung smiled. Luhan was right, these EXO-M boys had enough heart in them to take time to know the real her inside.

"Yeah I'm fine now." she nodded. "Thanks to him." she glanced at Luhan.

Chen followed where Haejung was looking at and he involuntarily gave a squeeze in his heart. why was that happening again?

He laughed uneasily. "Luhan hyung is a really nice guy huh?"

Haejung nodded with a small reminiscing smile. "He's a nice...." Haejung stopped herself as robot popped up in . She shook her head and smiled. "He's nice."

Chen stared at the ground as he walked. He looked in front where the rest of the EXO-M boys were fooling around and walking in front of them.

Nice.

That was the word Haejung used on him previously. Why did it feel....uncomfortable for him to hear her use the same word for someone else?

The group approached the eatery and Luhan pushed the door opened. "OMONIM~" he called cheerfully. "We're here!"

The girls that had been camping in the eatery squealed when they saw the waiter they were waiting for had arrived. Even better when they saw the group of handsome friends that followed him in.

Haejung rolled her eyes and pushed the door to go in when Chen held her arm. She blinked at looked back at him questioningly.

"Uhm..." Chen struggled for words. "There's been this rumor around. About...you and Luhan hyung..."

Haejung flinched as she remembered Doojoon asking a similar question the previous day.

"Oh." She looke a the ground. She faked a smile. "No Luhan and I aren't together." she denied. "He's just closer to me because he's working here."

Chen felt this burden that had been making him feel suffocated was suddenly lifted. He gave her a smile that was a little too happy to be logical.

"Yeah. Okay I was just curious." Chen beamed. "Let's go in." he pulled Haejung in with enthusiasm, much to her surprise. She scratched her head, puzzled. *Eh?*

 

 

 

"Umma are you okay?" Haejung rushed to her mother as Mrs Yoo supported herself against the table. Her mother looked pale and worn out and in desperate need of rest.

"I think I feel a little faint." Mrs Yoo admitted. "The people that visited in the morning may have been a little too many for me to handle."

"Omonim. You should go home to rest." Luhan frowned as he set the dirty dishes in the sink. "Jungie and I can handle here ourselves."

Mrs Yoo frowned. "But it's going to be the peak hour any time, you're going to need another pair of extra hands. If I just rest for a while I'm sure I can-"

"Mrs Yoo." Kris cut in. He nodded politely. "We can help out. Just take it as payment for the first time you treated us food. It's not problem at all."

Tao nodded cutely. "Yup."

Mrs Yoo looked around the eager faces of these kids and smiled. "Thanks then." she took out the keys from her wallet and passed it to Haejung. "Remember to lock the eatery up at night. I'll be going."

"Rest well umma." Haejung waved. She looked back at the EXO-M boys who looked straight back.

"I think this should be the time to tell you I have no experience waitressing?" Lay popped up.

-------

"Hyung!!! Be careful!!!" Kris hollered across the eatery as Xiumin balanced three trays at one go.

The EXO-M members stayed to help out and were all wearing matching aprons, looking adorable as ever. The customers were more than Haejung had ever seen since the Eatery opened, and there was a long queue forming outside.

"Tao, can you go out to tell the rest of the people not to let any others join the queue?" Haejung popped her head out of the kitchen. "We're closing soon!"

Tao nodded and bounced outside. Immediately, the girls who had heard of the six handsome men working in the eatery cooed and gasped in delight.

"Annyeong people, but our eatery is closing soon. We're sorry but we have to ask you to leave. Jwesonghabnida~" he bowed.

"Ahhhhh so cuteeeee!!!" the girls spazzed. "We'll come back! Everyday!"

Chen smiled at the customers as he served them, trying to reject all their date offers politely. He glanced back at the kitchen and saw Haejung rushing to finish cooking the rest of the orders before closing time.

He saw her take a sip of the stew and beamed brightly to herself, nodding in satisfaction. *Cute.*

Luhan was one of the busiest after Haejung since he had to keep helping his Exo-m members when they ran into trouble. Xiumin was the biggest trouble maker because he often attempted to do too many things at one time and ended up ruining all of them.

Lay, unexpectedly, was one of the best at this waiter thing since he had an acute sense of balance.

The seven of them worked their butts off for another half an hour till it was closing time. The customers left the shop unwillingly and Kris closed the door and leaned against it. "Phew."

"I know right?" Lay rolled his eyes and collapsed on a chair. "I didn't know working here was so hard. Man, I can't believe Haejung and Luhan hyung do this everyday."

Luhan grinned in triumph. "Hah now you know how awesome I am!"

Haejung rolled her eyes. "I'm finishing up the dishes you guys can go first!" she hollered. Chen stood up immediately and made his way to help Haejung with the washing. "We can help. Then we can all leave earlier." he offered with a smile.

The guys worked together and cleaned all the used pots and pans, and Tao even initiated the fastest table cleaner movement where he and his hyung's competed to clean the table within the shortest time.

The keys dangled in Haejung's hands as she shut the door and locked the eatery up. "Thanks for helping out tonight, guys." she smiled gratefully.

"No problem. Call us again when you need help." Kris offered. He looked over at Lay. "Taking the subway?"

"Yeah." Lay nodded. Tao and Xiumin followed along and they waved back. "Good job tonight! See you guys tomorrow!"

Haejung smiled and waved. She looked back to the group she was in. Luhan, Chen and herself.

"Haejung, do you need a lift home?" Chen offered. "My house is just around the corner. I can borrow my father's car."

Haejung glanced at Luhan. "Uh there's no need to!" she said, a little too loudly. "My house isn't that far away either."

Chen frowned. "But it's not good for a girl to walk home herself...."

"I'll walk her!" Luhan blurted. "We go home together everyday!"

Chen blinked. "You....go home with her?"

Luhan panicked. Oops. "Uhh..i mean...."

"He always has to go grocery shopping and its in the same direction as where I live." Haejung quickly covered up. "So he'll walk me. It's okay, really."

Chen looked at them."Well I can get the car and fetch one of you home and one of you to the grocery store."

"No need!" Haejung shrieked again. She gulped. "Luhan and I will walk."

She quickly pulled on Luhan's sleeve and darted away.

Luhan waved. "Bye Chen!" they quickly disappeared around the corner.

Chen scratched his head in puzzlement. "Why was she so secretive about where she stayed and me sending her home?"