Bye Mason

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

The students of Kyunghee University gathered at the Hall that evening. The hall was transformed into a kid wonderland, with goodies and balloons.

There were tables and bentos laid out such that the "parents" and their "kids" could enjoy their last dinner together.

As the professor had explained earlier, the children themselves would be given a quiz to test on the students' parenting abilities.

Another component of the project would then be the little performance each "family unit" had to put up together at the finale.

"No no no Mavin, you're not baby bear. You're Goldilocks. Say it with me Goal-Di-Locks~" Xiumin pronounced carefully.

Lay rolled his eyes while Tao hid behind him from the children. "Why are we playing Goldilocks and the three bears again?" Lay wondered. "Mavin can't even pronounce his own name Goldilocks properly."

"At least you don't have to be baby bear and do aegyo." Tao pouted. "I wanna be Appa bear too."

Xiumin shot them both a look. "Shut up you two, at least you don't have to wear a wig and dress to be Umma bear!" he hissed.

Lay and Tao shut effectively and kept their mouths mum. Mavin blinked around and clapped. "Shut up you two~" he giggled.

The three fathers' eyes grew wide opened. "Oh my gosh no no not that Mavin!" Xiumin shrieked. "Remember Goldilocks, not what I said!"

Mavin stared up at his Appas with his large eyes. "What I said!" he repeated.

Xiumin mentally slapped himself while Lay burst out in laughter. "I think Goldilocks is the last thing he wants to remember."

On the other hand, the Chen and Kris couple weren't doing that well either. Kris refused to go anywhere near Maden even though the kid was so cute, all the other girls around we're attracted to him.

Chen had to keep changing their script, and in the end gave up. He eyed Kris and made a face. "I think I'm just going up there and hold Maden, declaring that I'm a single father and my wife abandoned me because she was scared of babies."

Haejung laughed. "You can't do that. It's such a....broken family."

Chen gave her a look and pointed at Kris. "You look at him and tell me how he doesn't make our family broken."

At this point in time, Luhan arrived with Masen as he had brought their kid to the washroom just before. When he arrived, all eyes fell on him and the kid as he made his way to Haejung.

Luhan had actually taken the liberty to buy them three a family set of tees. Haejung's said Umma, his was Appa and Masen wore a cute tiny tee that said Baby.

They really looked like they were one family unit if you could just look pass Haejung's nerdy looks.

"Jungie ah, pass the milk." Luhan ruffled her hair.

Haejung took the milk bottle out of the bag of baby items they had brought with them and passed it to him. Luhan shook the milk bottle for the remains of the milk powder to dissolve and he fed it to Masen patiently.

The other EXO-M boys gaped at the successful Luhan's fathering skills. "I can't even-" Kris gulped. "Woah."

"Hey everyone, the Parents Project is about to come to an end." the Professor said into the mike. "Can all families prepare yourselves and let the finale begin!"

One by one, the families went up to the stage to perform their items. Some decided to sing a song, some did cute little dances.

And others were failed like the EXO-M boys where Chen really brought Maden up and announced he was a single father. Except he didn't expect Maden to burst out crying all of a sudden and wail loudly into the mike.

Even with Xiumin's patient teachings, Mavin couldn't get the Goldilocks part, so they just decided to call him Mavilocks and just narrate the entire story as Mavin jumped from large bed to medium bed and from medium bed to small bed.

Haejung felt herself watching as Doojoon went up with Haneul and their kid called Yoogeun. Yoogeun was just adorable, but Doojoon and Haneul didn't have any idea how to care for a child.

They were trying to sing the three bear song but Yoogeun started stomping his feet and crying.

"Yoogeun no like Doojoon Appa. Yoogeun no like Haneul Umma. Yoogeun wants to go home!" he announced loudly.

Oops~

 

 


"I love you, you love me, we are one big family," Luhan sang sweetly. His voice was unsurprisingly good (of course, he's system 5.0) and he also knew how to play the guitar.

He strummed the chords expertly and sang, smiling at the audience. The girls watching cooed, wishing they had the chance to be Luhan's "wife".

"With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you," Luhan continued. "Won't you say you love me too."

Mason appeared from behind the curtains as he held onto Haejung's hand. The two of them did a cute little dance and joined Luhan in the centre of the stage.

"I love you, you love me, we are one big family with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you, won't you say you love me too!" they ended the song and bowed.

It was too adorable for words.

Mason smiled brilliantly at the crowd, obviously talented for this sort of showcasing, and he reached for the mike.

Luhan scooped him on one arm and put the mike to Mason's mouth, thinking his "son" wanted to sing the song another time.

Unexpectedly, Mason said something else.

"I love Luhan Appa and Haejung Umma!" he declared. "Saranghaeyo."

Luhan looked at Haejung in surprise and saw tears glimmering in her eyes. Damn this sweet kid.

Both Luhan and Haejung leaned towards Masen and placed big wet kisses on either side of his cheek.

And that was how the photo was taken.

 

 

 

It wasn't a surprise when the judges announced that the Luhan, Haejung and Masen family unit had won the overall title.

Luhan and Haejung obviously did good enough to win the kid over and now they secured their good grades.

But that wasn't what was important to Haejung and Luhan. What was important was that they had formed a bond with this little boy, and from that day onwards they would always have a son called Masen that they would never erase from their lives.

"Appa.. I don't want to go back." Masen sniffled. "Can't I stay with you?"

Haejung softened and patted Masen's head. "Mianhae. Umma and Appa aren't old enough to adopt you. Not rich enough either. When we're old enough we promise to adopt you from the orphanage okay?"

Masen sniffled as Haejung reached her hand out. The two of them entwined their pinkies and promised.

"If Haejung umma adopts me, will my Appa be Luhan Appa?" Masen asked hopefully.

Haejung looked at Luhan and for the first time, felt the pinch at the thought that Luhan would have to go some day.

"Of course I'll be here." Luhan assured. "Even if I'm not, I'll sneak out from the RB company okay?" he assured.

Mason nodded with a sniffle. Luhan softened and he pulled Haejung, who had been carrying Luhan into his arms. He hugged the two of them tightly and kissed the top of Masen's head.

"We'll miss you Masen."

And the brave thing was when Masen went back to the orphanage with the rest of the orphans, he began smiling and waving back at his "parents", and he walked beside Mavin, his new friend.

His stay with his young parents had filled him with hope for life and love. And even the young one knew that they weren't lying.

Because some day they were going to come back.