Spying

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

"Hey hey let's go try that!" Luhan beamed.

Haejung shook her head. She had no idea a date would be this tiring, and this fun. But then again she hadn't been on a date before so she couldn't actually make a comparison.

But she had a feeling this had to do with the guy she was with. No other guy would be as enthusiastic and cheerful as Luhan was, no other guy would make you feel like he didn't want to do anything else other than being there with you.

Haejung let herself be dragged as Luhan pulled her over to one of the other stores along the street. Hours had passed but the only sign of the setting of the sun was how the sky seemed deemer and her muscles ached.

Haejung wasn't someone to spend her time outside for long periods of hours but being with Luhan made time fly so quickly she could hardly believe that much time had passed.

"Jungie, you must be hungry." Luhan noted. He didn't feel the hunger of course, but he did know that enough hours had passed for a human to feel the pangs. "Let's eat this....red...thingy." he raised his brows at the ddubboki the Ahjusshi was making.

Haejung burst out in laughter when the Ahjusshi frowned at Luhan, obviously pissed that someone didn't know what was Ddubboki. "That's spicy rice cake, Luhan." she whispered. "Stop embarrassing yourself."

Luhan rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I knew that. I really did." he muttered.

The Ahjusshi made a face that told him he didn't believe it. "Want to try it, lad?" he offered a toothpick. Luhan reached to take it but Haejung held his arm back. "You're eating?" she whispered. "But I thought you didn't like you know....the things that happen after you eat."

She looked around before leaning towards him. "You don't like poo." she whispered.

Luhan chuckled and took the toothpick from the Ahjusshi. "Yeah but I want to try new things with you." he squeezed her hand. He took a piece of rice cake and put it in his mouth tentatively. Haejung watched in interest as he chewed slowly, looking completely like a professional. Even the Ahjusshi leaned forward in anticipation for his answer.

Luhan slowly chewed, completely ignorant of their responses. He thought for a few moments before finally breaking into a smile. "I like it."

Haejung elbowed him, rolling her eyes. "Tease."

Luhan chuckled and ordered a takeaway to share. The Ahjusshi seemed pleased that this handsome boy liked his ddubboki and scooped generally for them. Luhan thanked the Ahjusshi and took her hand, feeding her some.

Haejung wasn't used to this sort of public display of affection but she let Luhan hold her hand. It felt safe. And it was really nice.

*That Dr Yang's really good in making robots. This one's almost like a real human.* she grinned.

The day was completely enjoyable and Haejung totally enjoyed herself. "Luhan let's go ther-" Haejung faltered as she turned. Her eyes widened and she swallowed hard.

Luhan stopped in his steps, curious as to why Haejung stopped. He followed her line of sight and instantly frowned.

Doojoon was there with Haneul, kissing in the middle of the street.

He looked over at Haejung as she quickly pulled her hand out of his in case they saw. Which seemed totally unlikely because Doojoon and Haneul looked completely engrossed with each other as they managed to tear their lips away from each others' and continue walking.

"Jungie?" Luhan murmured, unsure.

Haejung watched them with a sinking heart. She tugged on Luhan's hand and pulled her over to follow Doojoon and Haneul. "Let's follow them." she grounded.

"What?" Luhan whispered, following after her. "Do you know what you're doing, Jungie?"

"No." Haejung blurted. She shook her head and bit her lip. "Yes. Yes I know what I'm doing. I'm doing research you see?"

"Research?" Luhan echoed, his face completely incredulous.

Haejung nodded. "Don't you see if I'm to date Doojoon oppa seriously in the future I've got to know what it's like to go on a date with Doojoon oppa? This is...uh...learning how he does it." she convinced. "Come on, I want to see what Doojoon oppa does on a date."

She pulled Luhan along with her, which was quite a feat actually seeing how he's a robot with immense strength. But he didn't stop her from tugging with her, he knew how important this was to her even though he didn't understand a figment of it.

What's so good about Yoon Doojoon anyway?

Doojoon and Haneul walked down the street, going out of the shopping district. They stopped every few seconds to kiss, with Doojoon pushing Haneul against any available wall and devouring her lips.

Haejung flinched every single time, and Luhan was squeezing her hand.

*She likes him a lot.* Luhan observed, frowning. *And she's hurting whenever he does that. But why does she keep watching?*

Haejung darted behind a wall and peeked out to look at Doojoon and Haneul when they started walking again after a five minute snogging session. She glanced back at Luhan and pulled him behind the wall as well when he was just standing there openly with no sense of secrecy.

"Hide! Don't let them see you!" Haejung whispered fiercely. "No spy follows their suspect so openly, never saw the movies?"

Luhan leaned against the wall beside her as she peeked out at them again. They were lip locing for the nth time and this one seemed to drag on for a long time.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Jungie?" Luhan frowned, reaching to touch her cheek softly.

Haejung flinched. "Yes of course I want to do this." she looked at the ground.

It hurt like hell, and it was kind of self-inflicted as well. She chose to follow them, she chose to see what she didn't want to. But she couldn't help it, she couldn't help but follow them.

It was ultimate stupidity, and even Haejung knew it.

Because every second she was there watching them, she was hurting so badly. Her crush of all time together with another girl. But she couldn't stop it even if she wanted to.

She couldn't just give him up. She felt like it was so unfair. She liked him for so so so long why did he not like her back?

"Yes." Haejung repeated. "I want to do this so please do this with me, Luhan?" she looked at him earnestly. Luhan sighed and wiped away the lone tear that leaked from her eyes.

"Okay." Luhan nodded.

Haejung faked a smile and she peeked out again. Doojoon and Haneul had begun walking again and Haejung gestured for Luhan to follow. The two of them crept behind the couple in front of them as Doojoon and Haneul entered a sleazy looking hotel.

Haejung felt her heart drop when she saw where they went. *A hotel? They're going to a hotel?*

Haejung hoped they were going in to drink coffee or whatnot, but it seemed completely unlikely. Haejung paced around in the front of the hotel as she waited, while Luhan watched her from the side.

"Jungie." he finally said after an hour of waiting. "They aren't coming out. You've got to eat. That ddubokki from just now isn't enough."

Haejung looked at her feet, her face unreadable. "I want to wait till Doojoon oppa comes out."

Luhan frowned and went over, tugging her arm into his. "Jungie. You've waited long enough. Even I know you must be tired." he pleaded. "Go home, oh?"

Haejung slowly raised her head, her eyes dead and full of dread. "Luhan..." she finally broke into tears and buried her face in his chest. "Eotteohke..."

Luhan wordlessly wrapped his arms around her and patted her head, her hair. He didn't really understand what was happening, but if there was one thing he knew, he knew Haejung was unhappy.

She was sad, the melancholy radiating from her could even penetrate him. He could sense it, and he didn't like it. A lot.

Yoo Haejung should be happy. She deserved to be.

With her father passing away at such an early age, with such a financial situation in the family rendering her free time to the eatery, with the bullying she faced at school.

She deserved to smile.

Luhan held her tighter and clenched his teeth. He was going to find that smile again.