Date

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

"Jungie."

Haejung didn't look up from her notes as she responded. "Yeah?" her hand was flying at and miraculous speed across te paper as she wrote her anti-thesis, getting into the arguement and she couldn't stop the flow.

"Jungie, I was wondering if we could go on a date." Luhan told her, propping his chin up on his elbows as he laid on his bunk, one of the few times he actually used his bed instead of Haejung's.

Haejung grunted in response, not listening. "Hm."

"Yeah? So we'll go on a date?" Luhan perked up, not expecting Haejung to agree. He beamed as he ran over to her writing desk and leaned across her from the back. "When are we going on a date? Tomorrow? It's Sunday tomorrow and Omonim said we could have the afternoon off. How about it hmm?" he nudged her, smoothing her hair.

Haejung frowned and wriggled from his grasp. "Aish stop disturbing me I'm at the of my conclusion!" Haejung muttered as she wrote furiously. The last few words imprinted themselves on the paper and she sighed, smiling in satisfaction.

Haejung leaned back to admire her handiwork when her head came into contact with a  hard chest. "Oww." Haejung rubbed her head and frowned up at Luhan. He chuckled and fixed her hair. "Tomorrow?"

Haejung raised her brows as she massaged her wrist. Damn one of these days she was going to get a wrist fracture. Everytime she wrote, she put her life and soul on it and sped through the whole thing fearing that her ideas would escape her before she penned them down.

"What about tomorrow?" Haejung murmured, rotating her wrist.

Luhan took her hand from her and began using his thumbs to press on her wrists gently in a soothing fashion. "The date! You agreed to go on a date with me, Jungie. How about tomorrow?" he smiled.

Haejung's eyes widened and she retracted her hand. "Excuse me?" she shrieked. "Since when did I agree on going on a date with you?"

"Just..." Luhan pouted. He frowned at her and poked her cheek. "Are you going back on your words, Jungie? RB rule #137 If Girlfriend lies, Robot Boyfriend has the responsibility to knock her head because honesty is the best policy."

He narrowed his eyes at her. "Don't make me knock your head, Jungie."

"Arraso arraso!" Haejung mumbled, a little memory returning to her. She did recall about a date just very vaguely. It's all Luhan's fault actually, he shouldn't have asked her while she was engrossed in something else.

"A date, you were saying?" Haejung sighed and crawled onto her bed, hugging her pillow. Luhan crawled in with her and settled beside her comfortably. "Why a date all of a sudden?"

"Of course we must go on a date, Jungie!" Luhan said, horrified. "According to RB rule #601 Dates are necessary in a relationship!"

Haejung mentally facepalmed herself. Oh alright. "But how is this going to get me Doojoon oppa, may I ask?" she looked at him, wrinkling her nose.

"I haven't figured that out yet." Luhan murmured sheepishly. His eyes widened. "But don't you see? If you go on a date with me, you can know what to do when you're on a date with Yoon Doojoon in the future!" he convinced.

Haejung nodded, tapping her chin and thinking. That sounds like a good idea, since she hasn't officially gone on a date with Doojoon yet and she still didn't know what people did when that happens. She figured watching Doojoon eat at the eatery wasn't called a date exactly, right?

"Okay then." Haejung nodded. She raised her brows suspiciously at him. "But Mr Robot sshi, do you have any idea what people do on dates?"

Luhan looked scandalized. "OF COURSE!" he exclaimed.

Haejung shot him a look.

"Okay...so maybe not really." he deflated. "But we can figure that out tomorrow right?" he beamed and clapped his hands. "WHOOHOO! We're going on a date tomorrow!"

Haejung laughed and shook her head. This stupid robot.

 

 

 

"What are you doing?" Haejung pinked as she retracted her hand and kept them behind her back. She looked around to see if there were anyone they knew around.

Luhan pouted and reached for her hand again. "Look." he pointed at the couples around them that were holding their hands, some of the guys even wrapping their arms around the girls' waist or shoulders. From what he saw, holding hands was already really mild.

"They're doing it too. We shouldn't lag behind, Jungie!" he took her hand again and laced their fingers together.

Haejung grew hot. This was the first time she touched a guy like that even if it was just on the hands. Other boys in her class when she was young didn't even want to get close to her in her nerd get up, thinking she looked like a monster or something.

"But what if someone we know spots us?" Haejung whispered. "We're supposed to be secretly dating, Luhan! This is not secret at all!"

Luhan squeezed her hand. "I have ultra sharp eyes, don't you remember? I'll spot them before they spot us. I think I've gotten the whole yearbook's names and faces memorized so don't worry okay? Relax." he soothed.

He looked around the street that was filled with couples their age, looking happy and content. Some of the girlfriends were actually looking his way, not having seen a guy so handsome on the streets before. He looked like a celebrity, even better than that!

The boyfriends were trying to veer their girlfriends away from Luhan and trying to distract their attention but it didn't seem to be working. Luhan's charisma was just overwhelming.

And when their eyes fell on the handsome guy, they naturally grew curious as to what sort of girl captured his heart. And their eyes bulged out in horror when they saw her hand in hand with this horrifyingly nerdy girl that didn't even seem to be able to get the concept of color matching.

What was a guy like that doing with a girl this nerdy?

Haejung ducked her head instinctively as she bit her lips. *I knew this wasn't a good idea.*

Luhan frowned at her and murmured into her ear. "Pretend all the other people are robots too Jungie." he whispered. "If all of them are robots and they are talking bad about you, they've malfunctioned. And you can say that into their faces, they've failed."

Haejung giggled at his analogy. "That's retarded."

"Yeah but it works." Luhan grinned. He looked around for something to do and his eyes fell on a cute looking stall selling hair accessories and the likes. "Jungie, let's buy you a hairband!"

Haejung blinked as he dragged her over. "I don't wear hairbands, Luhan. Don't waste money." she nagged.

"I think a hairband would look good on you." Luhan mumbled. "Your hair's a little on the frizzy curly side. A hairband can at least keep it in place and out of your face when you write. I noticed how you always have to push your fringe away while you're doing your work."

Haejung looked at him, astounded. He noticed? Now that she thought about it, yes she did do that quite a lot.

"Aha! This is the one!" Luhan picked out a sweet pink hair band with a tiny bow at the side embedded with a fake diamond at the centre. He put it in front of her face and imagined her with it. "I think you would suit this, Jungie."

Haejung looked at it doubtfully. It did look cute.

"But wouldn't the girls at school laugh at me if I wear this?" she murmured, touching the bow longingly.

"I'll break their necks if they do." Luhan told her. Haejung looked up at him to laugh but stopped when she saw how his jaw was clenched. Oh my the sweet robot was serious.

"Come on, Jungie, try it on." Luhan made her wear the hairband and fixed her bangs. She still looked like a nerd, don't get me wrong, but perhaps she looked like a nerd that was a tinsy bit cute. Just a little bit more.

Haejung peered into the mirror doubtfully. "I...look weird?" she squeaked.

Luhan smiled at her in adoration. "You look wonderful." he said honestly. He beamed at the Ahjumma. "We'll take this Ahjumma."

The Ahjumma nodded and collected the note, frowning at Haejung, wondering how a girl that looked like her could snag a boyfriend that looked like that. Haejung felt the break in her self-confidence until she remembered what Luhan said.

*You've failed as a robot.* she thought seriously as she looked at the Ahjumma.

And she instantly felt better, if it wasn't her imagination it'd be magic.