Sports Day

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Haejung was still shaken about the fact that Luhan was actually a robot, and she found herself noticing details about him that she didn't in the first place.

How he brought his lunchbox but usually distributes it to the EXO-M boys discreetly, offering the food till he actually didn't eat much. Haejung didn't really get it but he told her when he ate human food, he's have waste as well and he didn't really like it, even though he could eat.

She noticed how whenever the eatery gets crowded and they need to make many trips to and from the kitchen to serve the customers, Luhan never breaks into perspiration. Haejung usually perspires buckets and Luhan would wipe it for her with a tissue, but he would still look fresh faced and clean.

She noticed how Luhan went on long hours without sleeping and didn't seem to get tired easily. He ate the recharging pills one per day, and Haejung had stayed up secretly one night to peek at him while he recharged for two hours. That were the only two hours she saw him motionless before he slipped off his bed and came to hers.

But despite all that, sometimes it was hard to remember Luhan was a robot because he, as he said, was the most advanced system the RB company had. The way he cared for her and stayed with her was so human-like, too human-like to be machine.

And on several occasions, Haejung would get reminders that Luhan was a robot. Like today, the Sports Day.

It was an annual event at Kyunghee university, and the school made new T-shirts yearly for the event. This year's was white with green sleeves.

When Haejung first saw it, she thought it looked ridiculously ugly even for her standards. But when the EXO-M boys came walking towards her wearing those shirts and black sport pants, she changed her decision immediately.

Haejung might be hung up over Doojoon, but she knew a good-looking boy when she saw one. And not to mention when they came in groups of six.

The fangirls were screaming their lungs out, and from far the green bunch of them just looked like a stretch of forest trees getting possessed while screaming and swaying.

Luhan didn't look like he understood what they were screaming about but he just smiled politely at them, evoking more squeals of delight. Chen just looked more embarrassed than ever, and he followed behind his hyungs.

The one who looked like he enjoyed it the most would be Xiumin. It wasn't the necessary attention involved, but he liked that the attention came hand in hand with warm towels, water bottles, some energy bars of which he loved the yogurt cream types the most.

"I bet Tao here is going to win most of the items this year again." Lay commented when they reached Haejung.

Tao grinned triumphantly. "Well, I AM the one with the wushu background after all." he boasted.

Haejung shook her head in amusement. "He wins all of the items?" Luhan asked, curious.

Haejung nodded in confirmation while Kris explained. "He wins everything except for the 200m sprint. Yoon Doojoon wins that every year."

Haejung found her eyes flicking to the other boys wen Kris said Doojoon's name. She found him, her Doojoon radar working perfectly fine. He was kind of cuddling with his girlfriend, in a manner that was a little too sleazy.

But Haejung thought he still looked good in his green tee.

Luhan looked in the direction where Haejung was looking. "Then that's the only item i'm going to participate in."

-------

And it turned out that this year wasn't any different from the last. The other boys in school didn't aim to get anything more than second because they knew that Tao would be getting the gold medals for them all.

Tao looked perfectly happy as he walked back to his hyung's who were worn out and tired and medal-less, while his neck sagged with the weight of the gold medals hanging on them.

"Oh look. Luhan's really participating in the 200m sprint." Chen pointed.

Haejung's eyes widened. She saw Luhan getting his number taped on his back, number 2. Doojoon had number one, but then again he always did. He had the privilege of taking the first lane because he won all the other years.

The boys took their marks at the starting line and Haejung held her breath. She didn't know who she was cheering for, actually. Shouldn't she be cheering for Doojoon?

But as the gun shot sounded and the boys began running, Haejung found herself getting excited as Luhan's inhumane speed took over.

He was significantly faster than all the other runners and only Doojoon was a closer fight. By closer fight I mean a 5m distance between them.

Doojoon looked shocked that someone could be faster than him, and he was running madly, faster than ever before. Luhan turned around to gage his distance, slowing his steps a little so that he wouldn't have a too obvious win.

The 200m was past in a flash, and the crowd was roaring in applause as it ended. It was amazing.

Haejung never thought that running would be something called "beautiful" but at that moment looking at Luhan run, he really was. The breaking of records, the stretching of limits, the passion for sports.

Doojoon collapsed on the floor, gulping mouthfuls of air when he reached the finishing line a full 3 seconds after Luhan. The rest of the contestants, needless to say, began trailing to the end slowly one after another there after.

He looked at Luhan with an emotion Haejung thought looked a little like disbelief and pissed in a deadly mixture. Luhan apparently didn't notice it because he was grinning with the brightest smile at the audience stand.

Back at her.

Haejung found herself smiling back meekly and she held out a shy good sign. Luhan, who didn't look worn out from the exercise, began running back to the audience stand to look for her.

Haejung stood up, wanting to congratulate him, when an announcement was made.

"Can Yoo Haejung from the Media Faculty please proceed to the Long Jump venue immediately? The contest is about to start." a voice boomed from the speakers.

Haejung's jaw dropped. Long jump? She didn't sign up for long jump. In fact, she hadn't signed up for any of the events since forever.

"Haejung, you signed up for long jump?" Chen looked at her, raising his brows.

Haejung shook her head in panic just as Luhan reached her side. He frowned at her anxious pale face. "Is something wrong, Jungie?"

"I didn't sign up for long jump!" Haejung whispered urgently. "I can't jump! Everyone knows that!"

"Someone signed up for you." Chen realized. He looked around the spectator stand and saw Haneul and her friends laughing and smirking Haejung. "And I have an idea who." he muttered gravely.

"Can Yoo Haejung please come to the Long Jump venue immediately? I repeat, Yoo Haejung please report to the long Jump venue immediately!" the voice barked through the speaker.

Haejung paled. "Eottehke?" she whispered fearfully. "What should I do?"

Luhan pried her clenched fists opened and held her hand tightly. His palms were warm.

"Don't worry Jungie, just give it your best." he urged. "They must be trying to make you look bad in front of the school. Go there and accept the challenge. Show them you're not afraid. We'll be here for you."

Haejung swallowed as Luhan pulled her up and nudged her towards the long jump venue. The other contestants were already starting the game and the scores were being tabulated.

Haejung gripped Luhan's sleeve. "Luhan!" she whispered fearfully.

Luhan squeezed her shoulders lightly and smiled, his fabulous comforting smile. Haejung couldn't help but think how Dr Yang got his expressions right.

"Just go for it, Jungie. I'll be here." he murmured.

Haejung nodded and took a deep breath. She reported to the not very pleased teacher in charge who told her very unpleasantly that she was up next.

She gulped and took her mark. With a silent prayer she mumbled in her heart, she went off.

She ran as quickly as she could, as fast as how her short legs could carry her. She almost reached the sand and she panicked. How was she supposed to jump? All her common sense and knowledge left her at that point and she just fumbled.

With what she hoped was a graceful leap, she ed herself forward. Without noticing that one of her shoelaces had become undone and her other leg had stepped on it.

She tripped on the spot, even before she could reach the sand area and fell in an embarrassing heap on the ground.

The crowd went wild with laughter. Haejung felt her cheeks burning as she tried to stand up with her head ducked do low she was almost bowing to everyone.

The sudden upward movement made her giddy and if her knees could scream, they would be screaming in pain. Haejung glanced down and saw blood trickling from two matching wounds on both her knees.

Double damn.

And no one made an effort to help her. Everyone watched and laughed, thinking it as the funniest thing they had ever seen in their life.

Haejung felt the same sense of humiliation she felt the last time Doojoon dumped her in front of everyone else. Was he watching her right now?

"Jungie."

Haejung looked up, a tear trickling down her face. Luhan's face was horrified as he bent down beside her. "Oh no! You're hurt!"

Haejung bit her lip, wiping that tear that betrayed her. "Let's get you cleaned up, Jungie." Luhan murmured as he moved closer and put her arm around his shoulders. "You did great." he smiled.

He lifted her bridal style, as easy as she was weightless. Haejung ducked her head, embarrassed. "No, I did horrible." she mumbled.

Luhan smiled softly at her and Haejung really praised Dr Yang in her heart. Damn, those eyes looked so sincere.

"You did great to me, Jungie." he admitted. "No matter what you do, as long as you give it your all, I think it's amazing."

And it was.