My Perfect Boyfriend

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

"Doojoon oppa~ You're the most perfect guy in the whole wide world. Saranghae." Haejung whispered to herself with a small smile on her face.

The thought of Doojoon never failed to make her day light up in the most magical way ever. It was like she was a well that's drying up, and his smile would be fresh water pouring down the dried up walls.

Yoon Doojoon was one of the more popular guys in Kyunghee university, mostly because of his bad boy character that girls just seem to be attracted to, and the fact that his handsome face had been sought by talent agencies here and there for so many times.

But Yoon Doojoon never once agreed to an audition even when the company representatives came to find him, and he turned them all down, saying he wanted to focus on school and being the team's quarterback.

That made Haejung fall even more in love with him. What a wonderful person he was, really, not going after fame and wealth. Truly remarkable.

And perhaps it had gone unnoticed through the twelve years of knowing him that he could not carry a tune to save his life. The handsome guy was tone deaf, so yeah.

Doojoon and Haejung had coincidentally been in the same schools since Grade school. They advanced to the same middle school, the same high school, and even the same university.

From the first moment Haejung set her beautiful large eyes on Yoon Doojoon, she sunk. Deep.

Unfortunately for her Doojoon didn't see those beautiful large brown hazel eyes that glimmered with curiosity, because they were hidden by a old rusty pair of glasses and some horrifying hair.

In fact, Doojoon never even noticed Haejung's presence until this year in university. And it was like a dream come true for Haejung.

Haejung had strived to be a wall flower as long as she can remember. Her father passed away in a plane crash and their family's financial situation had been in dire states from then on.

Her mother encouraged her to make friends, but told her clearly that it was impossible for them to hold parties like the others. At first, Haejung made a few friends in kindergarten and they got along well.

And she went to their parties and enjoyed it a lot. Until they started asking her to host a party as well and she couldn't do it.

Which was how Yoo Haejung transformed into the biggest nerdy looking girl ever from the young tender age of six. She distanced herself because she could only take and not give, in a friendship.

The wall flower she strived to be would never need to worry about these unnecessary expenses.

But then again she wasn't very successful in being a wall flower too because her nerd-ness was simply guinness world record breaking and she turned out being the subject of bullying. . Yes.

Which was why when Doojoon asked her to be his girlfriend two weeks ago, she was completely thrown off and was sent so high to the heavens, she hadn't really returned to Earth yet.

"Haejung, stop dreaming and serve table ten. They want extra spicy radish!" Mrs Yoo hollered.

Haejung snapped out of her dreamy trance and quickly got a platter of spicy radish and a jug of water, proceeding to table ten.

Table ten was made up of a group of male students, around their late tens an early twenties, looking handsome and all.

Haejung smiled at them in the manner she was trained to be since she started helping out at her mother's eatery since she was ten. "Here's your spicy radish." she sent a perfect smile. "Do you need refills for your glasses?"

The guys looked up at her and were silent for a while. Until...

"HAHAHAHA!!!!" they burst out in laughter, some slapping their thighs and some leaning on others for support. They were guffawing, for goodness sake.

*Donkeys.* Haejung puffed her cheeks and waited. She cleared . "Refills for your glasses?" she reminded.

"Talk about glasses," one of them laughed. "Yours are really ancient. Where did you get them huh? I think we can submit that to the Korean National Museum!!"

The boys burst out in laughter again as Haejung bit her lip. She should have known it was about her looks. It was hard to live normally when every moment there would be an insult about her fashion sense.

She pushed her glasses up her nose and bit her lip. "If there's nothing else." she bowed and turned when another guy's hand shot out to stop her.

"And where did you get that inspiration for such a....wonderful hairstyle?" he asked seriously before bursting into guffaws. "Hahaha oh my gosh it looks like a freaking birds nest!!"

Haejung unconsciously flattened her hair and bit her lip. Getting used to insults didn't mean she didn't feel the hurt when they threw them at her.

And it was precisely at these times that she hoped there would be some sort of prince charming riding his white stallion....Uhm I guess it would be white car in our context, and saving her sorry from this dire situation. Le sighhh.

She was prepared to jerk away from the mean bullies when a familiar voice rang out behind her. "Yah Yoo Haejung get your here. I'm hungry."

Haejung spun round and saw Doojoon sitting at one of the tables, taping his feet as he waited for her. Haejung's heart sang sweeter than nightingales and she harrumphed at the mean boys, stalking over with a wide smile on her face.

"Doojoon oppa." she beamed brightly.  *He's really my prince charming! He saved me from those guys!!!* she bought affectionately.

Doojoon shot her a look. "Stop flirting with those guys and take my order. I'm famished." he grumbled.

Haejung's cheeks pinked. "Doojoon oppa...are you...jealous?"

Doojoon blinked a few times in confusion. "Huh what why would I be...oh." realization dawned. "Oh right yeah you're my girlfriend. Yeah yeah I'm jealous. Sure." he muttered.

He got the menu and pointed. "One bibimbap, one ddubokki, two servings of spicy radish, two chicken wings and uhhhh twelve dumplings for take away."

Haejung nodded, almost not getting his orders with his jealousy declaration. HE WAS JEALOUS!! KYAAAAA!!

Haejung smiled. "I'll be right back with your food, Doojoon oppa."

"Hm." he muttered, already getting his iPhone out and typing away at it. Haejung sighed dreamily and went to get his orders ready.

She got him his food and he ate it deliciously, and Haejung couldn't help but feel the bliss that radiated from her. Yoon Doojoon was her boyfriend. For almost two weeks now!! Oh gosh!

It shocked the school and certainly shocked her, but she was going to prove that their love was different from what the others thought.

A loud burp distracted Haejung from her thoughts. Doojoon had already finished his meal and he got up, patting his belly. He took the order of dumplings for take away and finall threw a smile at Haejung which melted her perfectly.

"Thanks for the meal." he told her.

"No problem Doojoon oppa." Haejung beamed and waved as he left. "See you tomorrow Doojoon oppa!!!"

She watched till he left and sighed happily, humming as she returned to the counter. Mrs Yoo looked at Haejung, frowning. "Did he pay for his meal, Haejung?"

Haejung looked scandalized. "Why would I make him pay, Umma? Of course it's on the house! He's my boyfriend!" she beamed.

Mrs Yoo shook her head. "It's good that you're happy but can he really be counted as a boyfriend?" she tsked. "He hasn't taken you out on a date, only comes for dinner and doesn't pay, and I haven't even seen him send you home once. He doesn't seem like the right guy for you, Haejung."

Haejung pouted. "No he is! He's the most wonderful guy on earth, you'll see that soon, Umma." she smiled.

She hummed a happy tune and wiped the counter top with a rag. "He's my perfect and we're going to live happily ever after!!"