Jonghun meets Heenim

Far Away

 

When the fireworks ended the festival that night, both boys ran down from the hill and caught up with Jonghun’s parent who was still lingering on the food stall in which Jonghun’s parent can’t stop from admiring the unique food that were sold there. Tugging his mother’s yukata, Jonghun asked for permission to bring Hongki for sleep over with him at the Onsen. A nod from his mother is all it takes to bring up a smile from both boys. Glancing around them, noticing people have retreated from the festival and went home to their respected house, Mr. Choi lift Jonghun and put him on his shoulder. Jonghun was struggling and giggling from the tickled his father gave him and from below Hongki watched the bonding relationship of father and son, which he never had it before.
 
 
Chuckling seeing her family’s antics, Mrs. Choi carefully took Hongki’s small hand and laced with her, giving warmness straight to Hongki’s heart. “You are also a part of the family, my dear”. Mrs. Choi whispered into Hongki’s ear and crouched down to give Hongki a piggy-back ride. Lifting Hongki on his back, Mrs. Choi wished that night to stay like that forever. Her loving husband with his son and she’s with Hongki, a son-daughter she has always wanted. Reaching up the Onsen, Mr. Choi grab the opportunity to took a family’s picture so he went into his room and took out his camera and photographed the family’s picture. Looking at the picture taken, both husband and wife can’t help themselves from smiling. A picture, where Mr. and Mrs. Choi  standing side by side holding hands affectionately and in front of them two boys that holding hands tightly and a cheeky grin formed on Jonghun’s face while Hongki showing his little hand with a V-sign.  
 
 
Though it was late, Hongki wanted to go home as he never told his grandmother where he went to throughout the day and obviously his uncle will be upset knowing his little nephew weren’t there to be his cuddle pillow tonight. Seeing Hongki’s worried expression, Mrs. Choi offered herself to give a call to Hongki’s grandmother. After a few tone of dialling, Hongki’s grandmother picked up the phone and Mrs. Choi talked to her for a moment before Heechul grabbed the phone and wanted to talk to Hongki. After assuring that Hongki will be home the next morning to Heechul, Hongki bid goodbye through the phone and with a sob from his uncle, Hongki put down the phone. 
 
 
“My Heenim is always like that” Hongki muttered, slightly embarrassed by the way his Heenim’s behave.
 
 
“He loves his nephew” Mrs. Choi response, assuring him it was okay for his uncle to freak out when his little nephew wasn’t home even it was already late and a phone call at night surely did a least better to calm down his uncle.
 
 
Hongki nodded, agree that his Heenim is somewhat very fond of him since he was little. And his Heenim and his grandmother was the only two that Hongki have in this world of his. Hongki look down to his feet and somehow the feeling of lonely embraced him again. Noticing Hongki back to his silence, Mrs. Choi took Hongki by his arm and kneel down levelling her height with the little boy and kissed his forehead. “Jonghun love you, didn’t he?” Mrs. Choi muttered with a smile. Hongki looked up and saw Mrs. Choi smiling, a smile that Hongki found quite similar to Jonghun. And Hongki smile back. 
 
 
“Jonghun kissed me, so he must love me. Heenim said people who kissed you are the one that love you the most” Hongki said clearly looking so naive when a boy around his age talking about the kissing topic.
 
 
Mrs. Choi eyes widened, startled hearing upon the little boy’s confession and start to laugh there and then. “Jonghun is indeed cheeky, like his father. Please Hongki, sometimes you need to be careful with him, okay?” Mrs. Choi muttered with a chuckled. Hongki tilted his head slightly, clearly not understand but Hongki shrugged it off and nodded giving the promise to Mrs. Choi. “Come, let’s change into night yukata. I believe there is one I borrowed from the Onsen lady.”
 
 
 
 
*************************************
 
 
The sunlight strayed into the room brighten the atmosphere inside indicating that it was already morning, yet, both boys still sleeping, little body facing each other, and hands lacing into each other. A comfort both boys found within a week of meeting. Hongki and Jonghun share the same comforter in Jonghun’s room since Jonghun’s parent thought it was okay for them to be that close as now they knew that Hongki is a boy but Jonghun still was clueless as ever and still thought that his little Hongki was a girl. And thanks to Jonghun’s parents as they never actually point it out that Hongki was a little boy, so, Jonghun still holding to his fantasy where in the future Hongki will be his beautiful bride.
 
 
“Jonghun, wake up now” Mrs. Choi said softly waking up Jonghun who was still in his dream land. Noticing her voice wasn’t able to make his son wake up so she pulled down the blanket that was covering both boys. “Choi Jong Hun, wake up now” Mrs. Choi said with a bit rising tone in it. Hearing his mother’s voice, Jonghun wanted to turn his body to his right not wanting to get up but opened his eyes instead when he felt a pair of warm hands holding his. It was Hongki’s. “So are you awake now?” Mrs. Choi asked with a cheeky smile. She doesn’t notice the intimate both boys share from last night till this morning. Jonghun is indeed so much in love with Hongki. If only he knew that Hongki is a boy, will he be this intimate too? Mrs. Choi sighed reminding her own thought. “Now, if you can, wake Hongki too and let’s have breakfast together” Mrs. Choi added before she kissed Jonghun and Hongki’s forehead and walked out from the room.
 
 
Seeing Hongki lay next to him, face closed to him make Jonghun felt so lucky to known Hongki from the first place. Jonghun is indeed happy when he made the choice to explored the forest behind the Onsen despite the Onsen lady have warned him about the creature in the forest. It wasn’t a creature in it but Jonghun found an angel instead. A little girl with fair skin that can’t be compared to others, a pair of beautiful eyes that can mesmerize those who saw it, a small nose that Jonghun found so cute and a small red lips that completes the face. Hongki’s beauty was nowhere Jonghun had seen even in Korea. 
 
 
Jonghun kissed Hongki’s forehead and whispered “Ohayo” to Hongki but Hongki wasn’t close to even to opened his eyes. So Jonghun pulled Hongki’s hand and tapped it gently. “Hongki, wake up” Hongki still not waking up. Jonghun hugged Hongki tenderly and repeated the same chant so that Hongki wake up. After a while of trying, finally, Hongki opened his eyes, sat up and facing panting Jonghun with his sleepy eyes. Waking up Hongki was Jonghun thought was an easy task but now he knew that Hongki can be some sort of brat in the morning.
 
 
After having breakfast together that morning, Hongki excused himself to go home and with of course, Jonghun escorting along. From the Onsen, both boys followed the path behind it and went straight into the forest and reached a river. Along the river, both boys teased each other by splashing and sprinkling each other with the cold water from the river. Almost reaching to Hongki’s house, Hongki warned Jonghun that his Heenim was scary and Jonghun might need to be ready to face with his Heenim. “Yes, you should. You don’t know Heenim yet. He likes to scream to others.” Hongki said when Jonghun wasn’t the least bit in believing Hongki’s words.
 
 
“HONGKI! HOW DARE YOU NOT TELLING ME EARLY THAT YOU ARE GOING TO THE FESTIVAL???!!” Heechul yelled at his outmost volume when he saw Hongki appearing from behind the bush from his backyard. Heechul was sitting on the wooden floor at the balcony outside, fingers tapping his thigh, obviously he had been waiting for Hongki from the early morning.
 
 
“I told you” Hongki muttered to Jonghun with a suppressed chuckle and Jonghun laugh along seeing Hongki’s Heenim obvious behaviour.
 
 
“Who is this?” Heechul asked noticing the short dark hair boy beside Hongki, obviously Jonghun was still holding Hongki’s hand. “Why are you holding my Hongki’s hand?” Heechul asked again and grabbed Hongki’s body shielding him behind. Struggling to escape from his Heenim, Hongki almost stumbled back to the wooden floor. Luckily, both his Heenim and Jonghun captured him first.
 
 
“I’m Choi Jong Hun, I’ll be married to Hongki when we grow up. I already kissed Hongki.” Jonghun said with his proud face and again grabbed Hongki’s hand from Heechul’s.
 
 
“How dare you kiss my HONGKI!” Heechul yelled. Clearly was angry when he heard the kissing part.
 
 
“It’s because I want Hongki to be my bride!” Jonghun response.
 
 
Heechul’s eyes widened his mouth hang low. Heechul kept staring to two boys in front of him. But his gaze linger a bit long to one boy particular, dark haired boy who was still tightly holding his nephew’s hand despite he was there. So much of a brat. Heechul thought alone. Few seconds later, a smirked formed on Heechul’s pretty face. His face softened seeing the two boys was totally liking each other that it might takes him some time to separate these boys from their fantasy. Well, from the start, Heechul was never opposed the idea of loving the same gender but he wasn’t really that fond of anyone loving his nephew and wanted to make Hongki his bride. His nephew is way too naive for this, and this boy just damn cheeky even for a little 7 year old. He hates this kind of boy. “Okay then, let’s do a ceremony then.” Heechul said after a while of thinking making both boys stared at him in sceptical gaze.
 
 
“A ceremony?” Jonghun asked while Hongki tilted his head slightly to the left and a sigh was let go from his little mouth. Another great plan of his Heenim, like always. Hongki knew where this going to be. 
 
 
“An engagement ceremony between you two of course, you dum-dum!” Heechul said stressing the last word to Jonghun who was clearly not able to read Heechul’s mind.
 
 
“I’m not dum-dum!” Jonghun response with a pout but locked his gaze sternly on Heechul’s.
 
 
"Yes, you are!” Heechul said replying the childish argument while Hongki let go of Jonghun’s hand and was about to turn heels to go inside the house to see his grandmother.
 
 
“You are dum-dum. Dum-dum Heenim!” Jonghun yelled and point his finger to Heechul’s face that just inch away from his. And Jonghun almost poked Heechul’s eyes in which making Heechul slightly taken aback by it.
 
 
“Yah! Lee Hong Ki! Who asked you to bring a boy with this type of behaviour?!” 
 
 
##############################################################
 
 
Sorry for the late late late update. I was too busy. And still I had test tomorrow yet I felt that I need to update this. I might have to edit this later. 
MIANHAE! And please subscribe and comment, will ya? Kisses and hugs. :D