Chapter Sixty Two

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “You guys have all worked hard during the last two days,” Yunho announced as he gazed at the faces of each and every person in the room. “And it has all paid off.”

“Tomorrow, we’ll strike,” Yunho continued with a deep sigh. “For the rest of the day you all must rest for the pain you will have to go through tomorrow. Some… some of us might not make it… so today should be your last day… to spend together.”

Everybody stiffened at the thought of losing one of their own, and their eyes drifted to one another, fearing the safety of their brothers for the next day that would come.

“Are you sure we shouldn't spend the rest of the day preparing?” Kris asked hesitantly. “It doesn’t hurt to keep training.”

“No, what you guys have been doing over the past few weeks is enough,” Jaejoong responded. “I don’t want you guys to be tired and sore tomorrow or it’ll interfere with your performance. Take the rest of the day off to relax, and just enjoy the presence of one another. Like Yunho stated… there’s a high chance that not all of will be able to come together again after tomorrow.”

“You know the plan like the backs of your hands,” Yoochun added in. “I’m confident in you all.”

“We can’t really say the same thing about ourselves,” D.O murmured under his breath as he looked longingly at his hands, wishing that his powers would somehow miraculously come back to him.

The members of Two Moons left the room, leaving the rest of you to sit silently among yourselves.

“Hanmi,” Sehun murmured quietly tugging gently on the side of your shirt. You glanced over and made eye contact with his fearful eyes. “What if we don’t win?”

You opened your mouth to respond, but closed it once more when nothing came to mind. Slowly, you then responded, “We win together… we die together. Hopefully it won't end up being the latter option.”

“I don’t know if I’m strong enough,” Sehun whimpered as his tightened his grip on your shirt.

“Sehun, let me give you a tip,” you smiled caringly at you turned to face the younger. “Tomorrow, when you’re fighting for your life, think about everything that’s ever made you angry.”

“What?” Sehun asked with confusion.

“Recall every single memory that’s ever made your blood boil so hard that you wanted to destroy everything around you, but don’t be blinded by the anger. Use the anger as your channel of energy. The things you wanted to destroy before, destroy them then,” you explained. You chuckled bitterly to yourself as you thought about your past experiences. “That’s what I used to do.”

“What if… what if instead of anger, I used love?” Sehun asked quietly as his eyes quickly flitted to your face.

“Love?” you blinked.

Sehun’s hand slowly rose to twirl his finger around a strand of your hair. “Yeah, love.”

You stared at him for a few seconds and then shrugged nonchalantly. “Well I guess if that works for you. I think I work better with anger.” You glanced around the room and was surprised to see that everybody was staring intently at the exchange you and Sehun just had. “What?”

D.O pulled Sehun roughly away from you and squeezed himself into where Sehun had previously sat. “Nothing, just don’t listen to the maknae.”

“Well then, I guess this just brings us to one final issue,” you sighed reluctantly as you climbed to your feet. All eyes were on you as you slowly and reluctantly made your way over to Kisook.

“What is it?” Kisook asked with a worried expression when he noticed your troubled one.

“I… you… you have to go back home,” you stated quietly and hesitantly.

Kisook’s worried expression quickly turned to one of anger. “What are you talking about?”

“I mean… this is too, what we’re going to be doing is too dangerous for you, and I know that you’re strong enough to handle it, Kisook, but you’re only 8 years old and there are rules; rules that we have to follow,” you murmured as you stared at him shamefully.

“So you don’t want me anymore,” Kisook stated plainly, his eyes beginning to glisten with tears.

“You know that’s not the case,” you sighed as you crouched down to be at eye level with him. “You know that we all love you, Kisook, but what we’re going to be doing is too dangerous for you. I’ve talked to your mother, and you’re going to go back today. If she wants to, Jieun is welcome to your home as well.”

Kisook stared at you silently for a few seconds and a flood of emotions flew across his face before he slowly stated, “Okay, fine. I’ll go home with Jieun.”

“But,” he continued. “After this is all over, I want to come back.”

A smile spread across your face, and you were grateful to how maturely Kisook was taking the information.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter