Chapter Fifty Eight

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

No.

You watched as the puffs of smoke rose into the air in frightening amounts.

No.

You broke into a run, and sprinted the fastest you had ever gone before to the house of Two Moons.

No.

You heard the calls of your name from Sehun and Xiumin, but ignored them in favor of reaching the house in record’s time.

No. You weren’t going to lose them.

Not now, not ever.

You felt the flaming heat a block before you even reached the house, and felt horror creep up your spine and capture your heart. After finally arriving at the house, your breath caught itself in your throat as you stared at the burning house. The flames every angle and corner, and the roar and flickers of the flame deafened your ears.

You scanned the area to look for any of the members, and managed to catch the glimpse of a white van turn the corner down the street.

“Holy ing !” Xiumin muttered under his breath, signaling his arrival behind you.

“Freeze it!” you screamed as you sprinted into the flaming trap. “USE ALL THE POWER YOU HAVE AND FREEZE THE FLAMES!”

The slammed your body against the front door to get it to open, and then ran in without even the slightest hesitation. You were going to save them. They weren’t going to leave you too.

 

-------------------------

 

“ hyung, what are we going to do?” Sehun panicked as he observed the burning house. He felt so helpless at the moment. Xiumin was doing his best to stop the fire, but wind would do nothing of their aid – it would actually increase the fire’s intensity.

“I’m trying to think! ! Why the hell did Hanmi ing run in there?!” Xiumin shouted with a torn expression on his face. “I swear to god, I’m going to go crazy.”

“So… I’m guessing you guys didn’t get our texts?”

“What the are you--?” Xiumin’s head spun around to see the groups of Exo, Bap, Two Moons, and the two children besides him. His arms immediately fell to his sides, and his jaw dropped open. “What the are you guys doing here?!”

“Didn’t you get our message? MAMA arrived shortly after Hanmi left and set the damn place on fire. Luckily there was an underground escape route, so we got out alright. We messaged you three, didn’t you get it?” Chanyeol asked with shrugged shoulders.

“THE HOUSE IS SET ON ING FIRE, AND YOU DECIDE TO TEXT US ABOUT IT?!” Sehun roared angrily.

“We tried calling, but you didn’t pick up!” Chanyeol exclaimed. “And we couldn’t leave until we made sure the guys from MAMA left.”

“You’re still--!” Sehun immediately cut off his sentence, and paled as he turned towards the broken front door.

Xiumin followed his gaze, and his eyes widened in realization. “HANMI! HOLY ING ! WE HAVE TO STOP THIS FIRE!”

“W-What?! What happened?!” Luhan exclaimed, frightened at their sudden outbursts.

“HANMI WENT IN TO SAVE ALL YOUR DAMN ASSES!” Xiumin roared angrily.

A few seconds of silence captured the group as they all processed the other’s words, and their faces soon twisted into similar expressions of horror. Kai immediately disappeared from his spot, and Baekhyun began to sprint towards the house.

A hand grabbed onto his shoulders and held him back, however. He was about to shout angrily at the restriction, but Kris’s firm face shut him up. “Kai has already gone in to get her. He’s quicker with his power, so let him do this.”

Baekhyun opened his mouth to retort with swears, but closed it reluctantly. Kris was right. In the time it took Baekhyun to get in and search for you, Kai could have easily teleported to various areas of the house to get you. He shoved Kris’s hand off of his shoulder, and stared silently at the burning house in front of him.

He wanted nothing more than to save you himself, but was forced to stand idly aside while you were in danger. He was useless to you, and so was his power.

At his sides, Suho and Xiumin were hard at work in extinguishing the fire. The other members simply stood restlessly aside as they watched with their hearts, heavy with worry. It was the first time they all actually regretted having the power they had – what good was it when it was completely useless in saving you?

"I can make the fire bigger, but I can't take it away," Chanyeol whispered bitterly under his breath with clenched fists.

A few more minutes passed by with no appearing Kai, and worry began to clench the hearts of everybody painfully. Had something happened? Why wasn’t Kai back with you yet?

A figure suddenly appeared at the front door, and the boys and Jieun watched with squinting eyes as the figure emerged from the fire and smoke.

“H-Hanmi?” Himchan whispered as he watched you straggle towards them with Kai’s arm tossed over your shoulder.

Baekhyun immediately sprinted forward, and he took a passed out Kai from your arms.

“What the are you all doing out here safe and sound?!” you growled angrily as you stared at their bewildered faces. You let out a series of coughs, and Daehyun darted to your side to pat you on the back.

“W-What happened?” Chanyeol gaped as his eyes traveled from you to the passed out Kai, and then back to you.

“This ing idiot decided to enter a flaming house without any protection,” you scoffed as you leaned against Daehyun for stabilization. Your head was pounding with pain from the previous car crash and all the smoke you had inhaled.

“B-But why are you…?” Luhan asked in awe.

“I actually know how to protect myself against a fire,” you scoffed as you pounded your fist against your chest to get rid of any excess smoke. “Unlike this fool.”

A blanket of silence captured the boys standing in front of you as they stared at you with awe.

“We should leave now before people come nosing in,” Jaejoong stated finally to interrupt the silence.

“Lay, can you heal the dumb maknae’s head?” you asked the other.

“No, heal Hanmi first,” Sehun demanded with narrowed eyes. “I’m not letting you even touch me until Hanmi is completely healed.”

You rolled your eyes at the maknae’s stubbornness, and gestured to Lay to come forward to heal your wounds.

“We’ve contacted our head quarters, and two vans should be arriving in a few minutes,” Yunho informed you all.

“What happened in there?” D.O asked as he gestured to a passed out Kai.

“Well I ran in there like a mad women thinking that if any of you guys had died I would go on a suicide mission to Two Moons and blow them up,” you began to explain as Lay healed you. “But I soon realized that you guys weren’t in the house anymore. I was on my way back out until I heard the idiot call out my name. There was a loud noise, and I ran upstairs to see that a part of the ceiling had come apart and fell onto Kai – knocking him out. I pulled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter