Chapter Fifty Three

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You spoil them way too much,” Changmin sighed as he leaned himself against the counter, waiting for you to pick out the tubs of ice cream that you thought the boys would enjoy.

After the tiring day you knew they all must have had, what better way than to end it consuming some sweet and tasty treats? With that in mind, you forced Changmin to stop by a convenience store after your last mission. It was already 8PM, and the two of you were getting suspicious glances due to being covered with bruises and scratches, but you couldn’t care less. You just wanted the boys to be happy.

“I just hope they aren’t sleeping yet,” you sighed as you glanced at the watch on your wrist. You quickly chose two tubs of ice cream and headed to the cashier to pay for them.

“Please, I doubt they actually went to sleep without seeing your face first,” Changmin scoffed. “They all act like obsessed puppies.”

“They’re cute,” you grinned as the two of you climbed onto the motorcycle after purchasing the sweet goods. “Now hurry home or it’s going to melt.”

Changmin rolled his eyes and saluted you with a lazy, “Yes Ma’am.”

The motorcycle roared to a start, and within 10 minutes, the two of you were rolling into the garage.

“I’ll go report to the Hyungs about the success rate of our missions. You should hurry up and eat dinner, give the puppies their treats, and then head to bed for an early start tomorrow morning,” Changmin ordered.

“Don’t tell me what to do,” you responded and stuck out your tongue. You quickly pulled all the excess equipment off of yourself, and skipped happily into the house to see the members for the first time that day.

You laughed at the sight of their limp bodies strewn around the couches and floor of the living room as they all sat lazily watching an episode of Running Man on the widescreen TV in front of them.

All of their heads perked up at the sound of the familiar laugh, and wide smiles spread across each of their faces once they caught the familiar sight of you.

“Hanmi!” Sehun chimed happily. He tried to jump out of his seat to give you a hug, but found his muscles too sore to do so.

“You all don’t have to move, it’s alright. I brought you back a treat as a reward for your hard work today,” you smiled and held up the bags of ice cream. “I’m a bit dirty right now, so I’m going to go wash up and then come down to tend to all your aching muscles, alright?”

“Sounds good,” Himchan groaned as he stretched his arms as an attempt to get rid of the soreness. “Even MAMA didn’t work us this hard. If I feel like this, I don’t even know how you Exo guys must feel.”

“Actually it has come to the point where my body is completely numb to me,” Chanyeol stated humorlessly. “So I don’t feel anything.”

You chuckled at Chanyeol’s words, and headed upstairs to take a quick shower and change into a clean set of clothes. You and Changmin had successfully completed several missions the day that had the two of you running all around Seoul, but you knew that the tiredness that you were feeling must have been nothing compared to the other boys. Therefore, you ignored the aching pain of your muscles and went into the kitchen to prepare several cups of ice cream for the boys.

“You don’t have to do that for us you know, we know that you’re tired as well,” Kris’s voice sounded as he entered the kitchen. He leaned himself on the marble counter with the palms of his hands propping up his face as he watched you wrestle with the hard ice cream.

“I’m fine,” you insisted with a laugh. “I think you should remember the fact that I was an assassin for the past 18 years of my life. Days like these were pretty normal.”

A frown creased onto Kris’s face at your words. None of them really liked hearing about your assassin past because thoughts about all the hardships you must have suffered through would flow through their heads.

“Wipe that look off your face,” you scoffed. You held up a tray full of bowls of ice cream and handed it to him. “Seeing as how you’re here, you’ve basically sacrificed yourself as an offering to help me carry in the ice cream,” you grinned as you picked up a tray yourself.

Kris scoffed at your words, but still trailed after you with the tray of ice cream in hand.

“I think I love you, Hanmi,” Himchan cooed once he got a look at the delicious looking ice cream.

Yongguk smacked the back of the other’s head after he noticed the pointed glares thrown at Himchan, courtesy of Baekhyun and Kai.

“What? I do!” Himchan exclaimed as he rubbed the back of his head with a pout.

“And exactly how many girls have you told those words to, Himchan?” you asked with a raised eyebrow as you began to hand out bowls of ice cream. You nodded with a smile to all the ‘thank you’s you received.

“Well, yours is the only one I meant,” Himchan stated with a playful grin.

You rolled your eyes and flicked the other across the forehead before placing a bowl of ice cream in his hands.

“After you guys finish this, you have to go straight upstairs and get some rest, you hear me? I don’t want Two Moons to complain about you guys slacking off tomorrow, or you’ll l have to answer to me when you get back,” you scolded them all after everybody had a bowl of ice cream happily in their possession.

All of their heads nodded obediently back at you, and you smiled in satisfaction.

“Where did you go today, Hanmi?” D.O asked with his spoon hanging out of his mouth. “What exactly did you have to do alone?”

“And with that bastard Changmin?” Kai added.

“Nothing too dangerous,” you winked and ate a spoonful of ice cream yourself.

The boys ate their ice cream at an incredibly slow pace, wanting to spend more time with you, but you quickly caught onto their intent.

“Well, I’m going to bed now,” you stated as you climbed to your feet. You went into the kitchen and dropped your bowl off into the sink before heading upstairs. “I would suggest that you all do the same.”

Spoons were hurrie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter