Chapter Fifty One

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The ride back home consisted of complete silence as both you and Chen thought over what Chen has said.

“I think I’m going to go back,” Chen stated quietly.

“Yeah, we should head back now. The boys must have been waiting a long time,” you smiled.

“No, Hanmi, I mean… I want to go back, back to my family,” he stated firmly as he stared straight into your eyes. “I feel like I’ll regret it, but I think I’ll regret it even more if I don’t go back to my family. I don’t know how they’re living, or what they look like now, and I can’t survive the rest of my life not knowing. It’s… selfish of me, I know, but… I think, that after all this time, I deserve to be a little selfish.”

After Chen finished his words, he stared at you waiting for your response. His eyes flew open in surprise when your arms suddenly wrapped themselves around his waist, and his jaw dropped at intimate action.

“H-Hanmi?”

“I’ll miss you,” you whispered quietly into his chest. “We’ll all miss you, a lot.”

A pained expression took over Chen’s face, and he slowly wrapped his own arms around your shoulders. “I know, and I’ll miss you all too. It’s just… this is something I have to do.”

You didn’t say anything in response, because you were afraid that something as selfish as asking Chen to stay would come out, and the two of you simply stood there for a few minutes before slowly pulling apart.

“We don’t want to be late for the bus, do we?” you smiled bitterly and averted his eyes.

A sudden vibration interrupted your thoughts, and you glanced down at your lit up phone that was in your hand. A small smile slid onto your face at the sight of the sender, and you slid your finger against the screen to read the message Baekhyun had sent you.

You didn’t message me the entire day! But it’s okay, I’m sure you’re say with Chen at your side. Be careful, and I hope you had fun.

You quickly typed in a response as an apology for forgetting to send Baekhyun messages.

Sorry! Chen and I are on our way home now, so I’m expecting a warm welcome!

The bus slowed to a stop once you finished sending your message, and Chen nudged you gently on the shoulder to signal that the two of you had arrived at your stop. You glanced at Chen out of the corner of your eye as the two of you got off the bus, and noticed the conflicted expression on his face.

You opened your mouth to say something, but decided not to, and simply sped up your speed to reach the house of Two Moons.

“We’re back!” you called out as you slipped out of your shoes at the front door. You were feeling a bit melancholy after what had happened with Chen, and could count on the Exo and BAP members to cheer you up.

“Hanmi~!” Sehun’s voice came screaming along with the sound of several pairs of feet running down the stairs.

You smiled warmly at the sound; the others would never fail to make you feel loved.

“You and Chen were gone for such a long time, I was beginning to suspect that he had done something to you,” Youngjae pitched it. He eyed Chen carefully and then continued with, “The quiet ones are always the ones you have to watch out for.”

You scoffed and smacked him gently on the back of his head. “Yah, aren’t you the quiet one as well?”

“Where did you and Chen hyung go?” Kisook asked as he quickly slipped his hand through yours before anybody else could.

“It’s a secret,” you grinned and sent a sly wink over at Chen.

He ducked in embarrassment at your action, and excused himself and headed up the stairs.

“Did you have fun?” Suho asked as he appeared in the room with a steaming hot cup of tea in hand. “Here, drink this. You must be pretty cold.”

You gave him a wide smile and gratefully took the warm cup of tea into your cold hands. “Thank you, Suho.”

“Hanmi, I missed you today~” Luhan pouted as he wrapped his arms childishly around your neck. “The boys were so boring, and all I could do was read. You should never go out without me again!”

“You guys are all so old yet you still act like children,” you chuckled as you pried the latter’s arms from your neck with your free hand.

“Let me go upstairs and change, and then I’ll come back down, alright children?”

All of their heads nodded simultaneously together which prompted another laugh from you.

“Did you stay warm?” Baekhyun’s voice sounded when you were about to open your bedroom door.

You turned to him with a bright smile and nodded your head. “Thank you for lending me your scarf, Baekkie.”

He smiled at your thanks, and his eyes crinkled into the tiny half moon shapes that you loved to see. “Anytime, Hanmi. You better change quickly before the boys come back up and barge into your room with the complaints of you taking too long. They were waiting for you all day, you know.”

You gave him a nod and a smile before you disappeared into your room to change into something more comfortable. Your isolation forced thoughts of Chen to flow back into your head, and you bit hard on your lip as you changed.

When would Chen tell the other boys, and exactly how will they react? You knew that some of them weren’t as rational as you, and would be a bit rash in their words and actions. They definitely wouldn’t take the news well, and feelings would d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter