Chapter Five

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“My name’s Bak Hanmi, and I am a professional assassin.”

 

The guys gaped with open mouths at your words. “Assassin? Why are you after us?” Chanyeol demanded with furrowed eyebrows.

“I work – I worked for an underground government, M.A.M.A” you explained. “They found you guys as a threat to them due to the… abilities, you all possess and gave out the mission to us.”

“How are we a threat? We haven’t harmed anybody,” Suho questioned with a curious expression.

You shook your head. “I don’t know how you guys pose as a threat. They didn’t explain that part to us. They did state that you guys have been a pending mission for quite a while, however.”

“How did they know that we have abilities?” Kai demanded.

You shook your head again. “They didn’t say.”

“You don’t know !” Kai growled, pounding his fist against the table.

“Kai, control yourself,” Suho warned. “If we need to kick you out of the house, then we’ll do it.”

“I…I’m sorry I can’t be of much help,” you apologized shamefully. These guys had gone as far as heal your wounds and provide you clothing despite the fact that you had just tried to kill them. “I was given the assignment yesterday. All they gave me was a file with all of your faces in it, and descriptions of each of you. That’s how I know all your names and powers.”

“Are you all assassins? In your little… club, or whatever?” Chanyeol asked.

You nodded. “Everybody apart of M.A.M.A are high trained professionals. Whether we’re assassins, computer hacks, spies, etc. We were all taken at a fairly young age to be trained for the future. I… I’m sorry I wasn’t much help. I… I’ll be out of your hair now,” you bowed as you stood up to leave, grabbing your backpack and swinging it over your shoulders.

“You obviously aren’t well, you should stay the night,” Suho offered, ignoring the cries of protest given from at least half the members.

You immediately shook your head without hesitation. “I can’t stay, it’d be dangerous for you. I… I’m one of the top assassins, and… this isn’t over, they’ll be back for me. I recommend that you guys pack your things as well, seeing as they now know the home that plays host to you all.”

Suho smiled. “We appreciate the advice, but I think all of us would agree to stay here. You say that the place you come from has people with extraordinary capabilities, correct?”

You nod your head to confirm his words.

“Then they’ll find us anyways,” Suho shrugged. “Never mind that, but you should stay the night.”

“Let her go, she’s worthless to us now!” Kai exclaimed in disbelief.

“Shut up Kai,” Suho growled, and the other immediately fell silent. “You’re going to stay with us, and that’s final, or we’ll be dumping your friends into the trash.”

You opened your mouth hesitantly, but finally nodded in agreement.

Suho gave you a kind smile, and your heart cringed as you recalled Hyunseok’s smile looking just as friendly. “You can take my room.”

You shook your head instantly and patted the area on the couch. “I’m okay here!”

“Your friends…” he began threateningly. He smiled when you nodded your head reluctantly. “Luhan, show her to the room. As for your friends, Hanmi, I’ll take care of them.”

You nodded, and found Luhan staring back at you with annoyance within the group. , he hates you. Then again, you would hate yourself too if you were in his position. The rest of the members dispersed, and you followed Luhan who was accompanied with Sehun.

According to their profile, the two of them seemed to never split apart, and would always be seen together if not for Sehun’s school and Luhan’s work. You smiled at the sight of them together; the two of them must really love each other.

Sehun caught your smile, and instantly barked at you, “What are you smiling at?!”

Your smiled instantly disappeared. “S-sorry, I just thought you two were kind of cute.”

Sehun looked taken aback with your words, and turned back around wordlessly. You bit your bottom lip as you stared at the back of them both. Did you offend him?

“This is Suho’s room, so don’t touch anything,” Sehun growled as he opened a door.

You quietly nodded, and recognized the room as the one you had crept into earlier that day. “T-Thank-” The door was slammed in front of your face before you could even finish. You stood there for a few seconds, not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter