Chapter Forty Four

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm not sure if you some of you missed it, but a lot of you were asking in the comments on why the Exo members weren't using their powers. In the beginning of the previous chapter, I established that Chanyeol tried to melt away his retraints, but his fire wouldn't ignite, which lead the Boss into commenting about how they wouldn't just capture them and disregard their powers. Please read thoroughly before complaining, thanks.

 

-------------------

You had a plan – a pretty good one, in fact.

The only question was if you actually had enough strength left to put it into action.

When Dongwoon had threw and shoved you against different walls of the room, but you noticed that one side of the room sounded a bit different compared to the other side. Each time your body slammed against the cold reflective walls, the glass would make a hollow thud, as if there was only a thin layer of glass separating two rooms from each other.

It was there that you got the idea.

If you could manage to break through the glass, you would be able to escape into another room. The chance that you would be recaptured was pretty high, but anything was better than being helplessly slammed around by Dongwoon.

The problem was that you knew you didn’t have enough strength to break through the glass. Hell, you barely had enough strength to stand, let alone break down a whole wall. The cuts, stabs, bruises, and wounds were all starting to catch up with you, and you didn’t know how much longer you would be able to stay conscious. Your conscious was already starting to drift back and forth from reality, and you knew you had to do something fast if you wanted to survive.

Dongwoon’s fist flew in your direction, and your lips tugged upwards in a small smirk as you quickly and swiftly avoided the punch. His fist landed against the glass with a loud crash, and you glanced over to see a crack that was formed in the wall. Your lips turned into a frown at the small crack, and your eyes darted around the room to see if there was anything else that would be of better help.

Your eyes zeroed in on the chair that had been pushed to the side, and you immediately shot forward to grab onto it.

“What?” Dongwoon scoffed as he rolled his eyes at your pathetic action. “You really think you can bring me down with a chair?”

You picked up the metal chair with all your strength, and gave him a tired smile. “No, but I think it can bring this down.” With the very last ounce of your strength, you threw the chair hard against the glass wall. You fell to the ground, completely incapable of moving any more, and listened intently for the sound of crashing glass. When no such sound met your ears, your head snapped in the direction of the thrown chair with horror.

The metal chair had made a large crack form from the top of the glass running to the bottom, was still insufficent in actually breaking it down. You mentally cursed at yourself, and debated on whether or not you had enough energy to throw the chair once more.

You tried to push yourself off the ground, but failed miserably. You tore off the inside layer of your cheek bitterly as you laid across the hard ground. So much of your strength and effort had gone into picking up and throwing that chair, and now, you were too tired to move any more. You frowned at the idea of giving up, and with one long deep breath of air, you slowly pushed yourself up into a sitting position.

“You little !” Dongwoon growled loudly as he stared at the large crack in the wall. He moved forward to hit you, but the loud shout of “Hanmi!” interrupted his action. Your head snapped up at the familiar voice, and your eyes darted around for the face, but was met with nothing. 

Baekhyun's eyes widened in realization that you had registered his voice, and called out your name once again. Somehow, the crack that had formed in the glass distrupted the sound system, and now you could hear everything going on on the other side of the glass wall.

Feeling a sudden burst of energy from Baekhyun's familiar voice, you pushed yourself up onto your feet, and shoved your heel into the stomach of Dongwoon to send him flying him in the wall. Fortunately enough, Dongwoon's crashing weight against the wall was enough to shatter the glass into pieces, and the wall erupted into the tiniest shards of glass.

 

You stared at the the metal room that had surronded your previous mirror room, and stared at the familiar faces of the Exo members. You weren't sure whether or not you were hallucinating, but it was nice to see them either way. If you were going to die, you might as well die with the faces of your beloved Exo members as the last ones you see, right?

You continued to stare at them for a few seconds, and with the frantic expressions spread across their faces, you regretfully realized that this was in fact reality. Exo had been captured, and you were no longer capable of protecting them.

“Restrain her!” came the booming voice you recognized as the Boss’s, and several MAMA workers jumped into the small ring and shoved you roughly to the ground. You let out a low hiss of pain at the forceful hands, and managed to catch a few horrified faces of the Exo members.

There was suddenly a loud bang, and the door to the large metal room flew open. Men you didn’t recognize as MAMA workers came flying in, and suddenly, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter